Would you like to see a Male Songstress/Dancer?

ZeManaphy

Male Refresher?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Male Songstress/Dancer

I've been going through the series, I noticed that the refresher classes have dominantly been female, with the exceptions of the Judgral and Tellius series. I know stereotypically that dancing " associated " with women, but of course, that doesn't mean they shouldn't exclude it from men; after all, men like to dance as well. Would you like to see male singers or songstresses in this upcoming game?

Edited by ZeManaphy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure why not. It really doesn't matter to me though. There's plenty of dance forms that are masculine, like flamenco. But in all honestly, I'm going to use the refresher either way.

9 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

I've been going through the series, I noticed that the refresher classes have dominantly been female, with the exceptions of the Judgral and Elibe series. 

Do you mean Tellius? Because Judgral was all women. (Sylvia, Lene, Laylea, and Lara.)

I'm gonna guess you mean Tellius (Rafiel, Reyson, Leanne)

4 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

Sure why not. It really doesn't matter to me though. There's plenty of dance forms that are masculine, like flamenco. But in all honestly, I'm going to use the refresher either way.

Do you mean Tellius? Because Judgral was all women. (Sylvia, Lene, Laylea, and Lara.)

gonna guess you mean Tellius (Rafiel, Reyson, Leanne)

Sorry. I meant Tellius. 

3 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

We have Nils (for a brief period of time), one you can use throughout the game like Azura or Olivia would be nice; but not the end of the world if it doesn't happen. 

At least we had Elphin- but Lalum's path was more fun though

5 minutes ago, Dandy Druid said:

At least we had Elphin- but Lalum's path was more fun though

And there's Performing Arts Inigo and Shigure does uses the Dance and Sing happened in Fire Emblem Heroes as well. But, the future main Fire Emblem games do need a male character in a dancer and a songstress class.

Edited by King Marth 64

I've never heard of a stereotype that only women dance. Confident, fun people stereo typically dance. Anyway, we've had a handful of male refresher units. Whether it's singing or dancing, it can always be explained away as the same "bard" magic.

One idea to remix refresher units I'd like to see is a "chemist" class that can distribute a set number of potions per map that other units can chug to act twice in a single turn. Plus it'll allow them to create a player character that's a snake oil salesman by trade. Too funny.

Edited by Glennstavos

Why not? We already have a male dancer in theory named Inigo.

I was on a small FE RP forum for quite some time...until site drama forced it to shut down, which is a tragedy because the people there were all awesome and we considered ourselves a family. Anyway, one person had a male dancer I think. Maybe he was posted on DA instead, but I know I saw a male dancer OC. Or a few.

Why not also...female bards?

6 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I've never heard of a stereotype that only women dance. Confident, fun people stereo typically dance. Anyway, we've had a handful of male refresher units. Whether it's singing or dancing, it can always be explained away as the same "bard" magic.

One idea to remix refresher units I'd like to see is a "chemist" class that can distribute a set number of potions per map that other units can chug to act twice in a single turn. Plus it'll allow them to create a player character that's a snake oil salesman by trade. Too funny.

My mother told me in her culture, it was considered silly for guys to dance. ( Of course she doesn’t mind guys dancing, and I totally understand that there is masculine dances as well that I personally enjoy. )

Edited by ZeManaphy

14 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Why not? We already have a male dancer in theory named Inigo.

I was on a small FE RP forum for quite some time...until site drama forced it to shut down, which is a tragedy because the people there were all awesome and we considered ourselves a family. Anyway, one person had a male dancer I think. Maybe he was posted on DA instead, but I know I saw a male dancer OC. Or a few.

Why not also...female bards?

Inigo can't reclass into a Dancer class like his mother in Awakening and Fates, Olivia is the only Dancer unit in Awakening. But, Inigo can only use dance in the Performing Arts Event in Fire Emblem Heroes.

I honestly wouldn't care, but a change of pace would be nice. I think a bard class would be more fitting, thought, and has more combat potential. Heck maybe even have both a bard and a dancer class available, but have different roles and stats. As an idea, a bard can only sing/dance/play for only one unit, but could handle themselves in a fight, while a dancer can refersh everyone around them like in Judgral while serving more of a support role (and both could only use their dance ability only once a turn, to prevent the game from being snapped in half). This could also apply to skills, as they would both be more focused on rally skills and increasing an allies stats during pair-up or while in support range.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2017 at 11:43 PM, Dandy Druid said:

I'm gonna guess you mean Tellius (Rafiel, Reyson, Leanne)

On 11/5/2017 at 11:48 PM, ZeManaphy said:

Sorry. I meant Tellius. 

On 11/5/2017 at 11:32 PM, ZeManaphy said:

I've been going through the series, I noticed that the refresher classes have dominantly been female, with the exceptions of the Judgral and Tellius series. I know stereotypically that dancing " associated " with women, but of course, that doesn't mean they shouldn't exclude it from men; after all, men like to dance as well. Would you like to see male singers or songstresses in this upcoming game?

Looks like you edited the wrong word in that correction.

Yes! I'd love to have a male dancer especially after seeing PAInigo and PAShigure. I always thought it was weird that even though Inigo wants to be a dancer so badly he can't reclass to one, and Shigure can sing but can't switch to that class either.

On 11/5/2017 at 10:17 PM, Hawkwing said:

I honestly wouldn't care, but a change of pace would be nice. I think a bard class would be more fitting, thought, and has more combat potential. Heck maybe even have both a bard and a dancer class available, but have different roles and stats. As an idea, a bard can only sing/dance/play for only one unit, but could handle themselves in a fight, while a dancer can refersh everyone around them like in Judgral while serving more of a support role (and both could only use their dance ability only once a turn, to prevent the game from being snapped in half). This could also apply to skills, as they would both be more focused on rally skills and increasing an allies stats during pair-up or while in support range.

I really like this idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely. My biggest disappointment in FE13 and 14 is that you couldn't reclass Shigure and Inigo into singers/dancers. They should've given us that option by reclassing the mothers away, imo. I like using all male units but its hard when you rarely get male refreshers (I loved the herons in Tellius, and I always chose Elfin's route for that reason in FE6). 

I'm also sad Homer wasn't a refresher in FE5. I hope a remake changes this, maybe if you don't turn Lara into a refresher, you can get him as a refresher instead or something. 

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Definitely. My biggest disappointment in FE13 and 14 is that you couldn't reclass Shigure and Inigo into singers/dancers. They should've given us that option by reclassing the mothers away, imo. I like using all male units but its hard when you rarely get male refreshers (I loved the herons in Tellius, and I always chose Elfin's route for that reason in FE6). 

I'm also sad Homer wasn't a refresher in FE5. I hope a remake changes this, maybe if you don't turn Lara into a refresher, you can get him as a refresher instead or something. 

I don't mind so much that they couldn't become dancers in the main game, since fielding more than one dancer has never been a thing (unless your the Thracia AI), but I am really disapointed that they didn't replace Shigure's Personal Skill with Dance in the Heirs of Fate finale. Would have both been fitting for the story and also really helped in terms of gameplay.

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

They probably did that to balance outthe refresh system.

Considering I designed one, yes. :) I also put him on horseback to make him even more unique! We don't have a singer on a horse or a male singer outside of the Herons in Tellius and they look feminine anyway.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:06 PM, Dragoncat said:

lol, that was me, remember? Did you forget about Ralph? :P He's a singer, not a dancer, but people tend to lump singers and dancers together as just dancers or refreshers, so...

Edited by Anacybele

15 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Considering I designed one, yes. :) I also put him on horseback to make him even more unique! We don't have a singer on a horse or a male singer outside of the Herons in Tellius and they look feminine anyway.

lol, that was me, remember? Did you forget about Ralph? :P He's a singer, not a dancer, but people tend to lump singers and dancers together as just dancers or refreshers, so...

Nope, it wasn't Ralph. I think it was either Zilver or Lilmissprine/Iggy but I forgot the OC's name. If I meant Ralph I would have mentioned him and you by name.

12 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Nope, it wasn't Ralph. I think it was either Zilver or Lilmissprine/Iggy but I forgot the OC's name. If I meant Ralph I would have mentioned him and you by name.

Oh, okay then.

Yes I want one, we now have male peg knights and female ax fighters so why not a male dancer/singer?  I always go out of my way to recruit Elphin in BB just because male refresher, and the Herons in PoR and RD are fun as well.  Personally I want no class gender locked, I find it silly that peg knights and  ax fighters were gender locked until Fates.

On 12/16/2017 at 9:33 PM, ZeManaphy said:

They probably did that to balance outthe refresh system.

I meant they should give you the option of taking away the dancing abilities of say Olivia or Azura, or not getting Lara as a dancer (or not getting Homer as a dancer if he comes before the option to turn her into one) and then you actually have the choice, rather than just have their singing and dancing abilities referenced but never used. It saddens me :( It's why I love that I finally have dancing Inigo and singing Shigure in Heroes. I much prefer seeing them twirl around than the women, although the women are pretty, they're not what I personally want. 

@Jotari

That's why I said we should have the option to reclass the mothers away and then class the sons into it. So there's a cap on the amount of dancers.

Or just only let one dancer be fielded. It could've been an option. Maybe it'd have been hard to code, but I would've loved to see it. 

I do agree for sure with the last point, though. Shigure could've easily been made a singer in the DLC in the very least, since there's no clashes or reclassing to worry about. 

Man, I really hope we get a male dancer/singer in the next game. I won't hold my breath, though. 

Edited by Cute Chao