I've finally decided to join!

Hawkwing

Hello everyone! Just a normal guy who's been viewing this website since January, and I've finally decided to sign up.

I first came here to find whatever information I could about Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. After some time reading articles from the main site, I ventured into the forums and found even more data. I tended to view other topics as time went on, seeing the various opinions about various topics, and eventually decided that I had my own thoughts on many of these matters and decided to join.

Now for my experience with the series. About two years ago, youtubers GreenScorpion and ComicFoil started a Lets Play on Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword. Even thought the Lets Play took over a year to complete and I only watched them go through Lyn's story, I liked what I saw, and decided to get into the series. I actually aimed to have Blazing Sword or Sacred Stones be my first Fire Emblem games, but I didn't know how to work an emulator at the time. Seeing as that plan came to no fruition, I downloaded the demo for Awakening. Since I greatly enjoyed its gameplay, I decided to buy the full game. I consciously took a more analytical view of the game, which I've found has lead me see both positives and negative in areas I don't see much talked about. I skipped out on Fates, as that was a wait-and-see kind of game for me (I don't plan on getting the game(s) anytime soon until a price drop happens, which will unfortunately take some time).

When Echoes was announced, I was greatly excited to play an older game in the series. I read an online playthough of the game twice, ate up any information I could, leading me to this site, and once I found an online emulator, even tried the game (long story short with emulators; I only use online emulators, and I don't save, as if I'm going to beat the game, I'm going to buy it. The only exception is Fire Emblem, and that's only because the games are long, and half the series was in Japan). Currently, I plan on replaying the third game, as I started the game over the summer, but didn't finish it, as since I got a new computer, I will have to start over.

I have quite a few topics planned to add, so expect to see me soon!

40 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If you've been lurking for almost a year, hopefully you won't be too intimidated to post about stuffs

Yeah, I've seen a few debates, and some of the toxicity that the Fire Emblem fanbase is infamous for. Still, I seen quite a number of topics that I would like to have a say in, as well as a few observations I would like to bring up.