Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kalken said:

Icelerate's post really shows how unneeded the twist with Micaiah being Sanaki's sister was. Even with her brand, it would have worked better if she was just a descendant of a bastard branch of Altina's lineage.

Exactly, Ashnard's dream of a world where birthright doesn't decide political power could ironically be fulfilled by Micaiah but alas it was not meant to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 1:04 PM, ping said:

First, she stops thinking at a crucial point of the plot, i.e. when Pelleas gets blackmailed by the Begnion senate via the blood pact. In part one, she shows that she will trust her own judgement, stand up against Izuka's horrible planning and, if necessary, work without Pelleas' support (I'm thinking of the swamp chapter). In part three, she basically goes, "welp, I'll trust my king" when Pelleas' orders clearly go against Daein's interest and it's up to Sothe to pressure the reasoning out of Pelleas.

1

Well, Izuka and Almedha pointed out that by working against Pelleas' support, Micaiah was subverting Pelleas' own authority which would have a drastic effect on Daein's unity as a country. When Pelleas was going to give a speech, he started stuttering and Micaiah decided to intervene but the Black Knight stopped her (most likely because she'd unintentionally steal the glory) and motivated Pelleas. So Micaiah's actions in part 3 seem to be a logical progression and give her character development because she's realized that if she takes a stand against Pelleas, the country's unity will be ruined. Micaiah can sense intentions anyway and knows that what Pelleas is doing is the best for Daein even if she doesn't know the reason. She could sense he's also sad so she didn't want to make him feel even worse.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Well, Izuka and Almedha pointed out that by working against Pelleas' support, Micaiah was subverting Pelleas' own authority which would have a drastic effect on Daein's unity as a country. When Pelleas was going to give a speech, he started stuttering and Micaiah decided to intervene but the Black Knight stopped her (most likely because she'd unintentionally steal the glory) and motivated Pelleas. So Micaiah's actions in part 3 seem to be a logical progression and give her character development because she's realized that if she takes a stand against Pelleas, the country's unity will be ruined. Micaiah can sense intentions anyway and knows that what Pelleas is doing is the best for Daein even if she doesn't know the reason. She could sense he's also sad so she didn't want to make him feel even worse.  

No, I don't buy that. Micaiah might be able to sense that Pelleas' _intentions_ are good, but she does not inquire about his reasons at all, even though his orders go against about everything she believes in, and she must be aware that something is deeply wrong with the whole situation. But she decides to simply ignore that because the Drama requires that the Blood Pact can't be revealed yet. I can't see this as character development when a character completely stops thinking for herself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Pelleas may have been King in title but... come on, we all know Micaiah was the one the people looked up to. That's something I think could have changed and been great development. Pelleas did honestly want what was best for Daein, he just had no experience. He was beginning to develop a backbone too! But the people admired Micaiah and that's a big reason why the army ended up marching and gave the enemy as much trouble as they did. The Blood Pact is the reason Pelleas decides to mobilize the army and the men didn't mind too much because they were fighting the Laguz but the army never would have mobilized if Pelleas didn't want it and Micaiah didn't follow. Personally I think Micaiah should have bucked more than she did, but perhaps she could sense that he was doing what he thought was best and decided to follow his orders. Either way, the army wouldn't have done as well as it did without Micaiah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So Pelleas may have been King in title but... come on, we all know Micaiah was the one the people looked up to. That's something I think could have changed and been great development. Pelleas did honestly want what was best for Daein, he just had no experience. He was beginning to develop a backbone too! But the people admired Micaiah and that's a big reason why the army ended up marching and gave the enemy as much trouble as they did. The Blood Pact is the reason Pelleas decides to mobilize the army and the men didn't mind too much because they were fighting the Laguz but the army never would have mobilized if Pelleas didn't want it and Micaiah didn't follow. Personally I think Micaiah should have bucked more than she did, but perhaps she could sense that he was doing what he thought was best and decided to follow his orders. Either way, the army wouldn't have done as well as it did without Micaiah.

That was precisely what the issue that was addressed near the end of Part 1. Micaiah was becoming more popular that it just made Palleus weak. The guy even admitted that it was true, and that's why at the end, he bucked up and tried to rally the troops with his own strength, which did work. Palleus is pretty developed himself, and he was truly guilty that his inexperience caused him to make everyone suffer and would even look death in the eye if it helped save others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So Pelleas may have been King in title but...

This shouldn't be ignored. Micaiah doesn't WANT to be a sovereign, and wants Pelleas to grow into the role. She could have bucked, but she'd be undermining the very person she put on the throne.

Had Micaiah never questioned it, like a certain person from Fates, I could agree with the criticism, but her initial cooperation seems appropriate enough.

Edited by NekoKnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

That was precisely what the issue that was addressed near the end of Part 1. Micaiah was becoming more popular that it just made Palleus weak. The guy even admitted that it was true, and that's why at the end, he bucked up and tried to rally the troops with his own strength, which did work. Palleus is pretty developed himself, and he was truly guilty that his inexperience caused him to make everyone suffer and would even look death in the eye if it helped save others. 

 

8 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

This shouldn't be ignored. Micaiah doesn't WANT to be a sovereign, and wants Pelleas to grow into the role. She could have bucked, but she'd be undermining the very person she put on the throne.

Had Micaiah never questioned it, like a certain person from Fates, I could agree with the criticism, but her initial cooperation seems appropriate enough.

I really feel that Pelleas could have been a great ruler if given the chance. I would have scrapped that whole him dying thing and allowed him to be recruited in the first playthrough. Then he could have faced the issues that he caused on the throne and really given people insight into his character. Also I agree that Micaiah didn't really want to be the ruler. That's something that I would give people the option of changing, Micaiah has always preferred helping the people by being among them. Let Pelleas grow into his role as a leader and let Micaiah grow into her role as his advisor and the one who really helps people. They both deserve some happiness darn it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

I really feel that Pelleas could have been a great ruler if given the chance. I would have scrapped that whole him dying thing and allowed him to be recruited in the first playthrough. Then he could have faced the issues that he caused on the throne and really given people insight into his character. Also I agree that Micaiah didn't really want to be the ruler. That's something that I would give people the option of changing, Micaiah has always preferred helping the people by being among them. Let Pelleas grow into his role as a leader and let Micaiah grow into her role as his advisor and the one who really helps people. They both deserve some happiness darn it!

I really wish that we ever even NEEDED to run three playthroughs here. Radiant Dawn is hard enough already, but demanding three playthroughs is just asking for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 2:15 PM, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So Pelleas may have been King in title but... come on, we all know Micaiah was the one the people looked up to. That's something I think could have changed and been great development. Pelleas did honestly want what was best for Daein, he just had no experience. He was beginning to develop a backbone too! But the people admired Micaiah and that's a big reason why the army ended up marching and gave the enemy as much trouble as they did. The Blood Pact is the reason Pelleas decides to mobilize the army and the men didn't mind too much because they were fighting the Laguz but the army never would have mobilized if Pelleas didn't want it and Micaiah didn't follow. Personally I think Micaiah should have bucked more than she did, but perhaps she could sense that he was doing what he thought was best and decided to follow his orders. Either way, the army wouldn't have done as well as it did without Micaiah.

Well, I think Pelleas is a strong character due to the fact he's willing to give up power despite no one forcing him to. Most people when they get political power won't want to give it up even if they are incompetent so I respect Pelleas a whole lot for admitting he isn't the best option. I think Micaiah would make a good queen. I'm of the opinion that a good ruler is one who doesn't want power yet people want them to rule. 

Quote

No, I don't buy that. Micaiah might be able to sense that Pelleas' _intentions_ are good, but she does not inquire about his reasons at all, even though his orders go against about everything she believes in, and she must be aware that something is deeply wrong with the whole situation. But she decides to simply ignore that because the Drama requires that the Blood Pact can't be revealed yet. I can't see this as character development when a character completely stops thinking for herself.

1

Dude was pretty depressed so I'm assuming Micaiah did not want to bother him further especially when Almedha, who'd also get pissed, was right there and wanted Micaiah to submit. Micaiah is extremely lawful which means willing to submit to authority even if she doesn't like it. This makes her a nice contrast to Ike who's more chaotic in nature and willing to trash talk authority. Anyway, she does try to get Tauroneo to convince Pelleas to withdraw from the war but that didn't work. Part 3 is where Micaiah has to think a lot and make the best worst decision out of many bad decisions so saying she stops thinking is quite odd. Though I can agree with you that questioning authority against an unjust war is the preferable option. Regardless, the scene shifted after Pelleas gave her the order so it remains somewhat ambiguous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.