Poor Askr Trio, how about a class promotion?

Stroud

Now that the topic about power creep is on the roll and we see that these 3 Units have outdated weapons with Level 2 Skills they need something new.
I don't think that it could happen in the near future and we have something what is like a promotion. But as in every Fire emblem I want to see a real Class Promotion.

Here is my Idea, how about they make something up in the story, where they realize that they become too weak to handle power creep.
The only choice is their own exclusive promotion and to activate the true potential of their weapons.
We still did not have a chance to give them something like a merge, so this kind of upgrade could compensate their inability to merge.

But not only that, with this promotion one of them could become a Cavalry unit or something else.

What is your opinion on how they should deal with the Askr Trio in the future?

Is it totally absurd that they will get a true class promotion, should they remain as they are? Or should they get something like an alternate Unit?

Edited by Stroud

16 minutes ago, Stroud said:

Now that the topic about power creep is on the roll and we see that these 3 Units have outdated weapons with Level 2 Skills they need something new.
I don't think that it could happen in the near future and we have something what is like a promotion. But as in every Fire emblem I want to see a real Class Promotion.

Here is my Idea, how about they make something up in the story, where they realize that they become too weak to handle power creep.
The only choice is their own exclusive promotion and to activate the true potential of their weapons.
We still did not have a chance to give them something like a merge, so this kind of upgrade could compensate their inability to merge.

But not only that, with this promotion one of them could become a Cavalry unit or something else.

What is your opinion on how they should deal with the Askr Trio in the future?

Is it totally absurd that they will get a true class promotion, should they remain as they are? Or should they get something like an alternate Unit?

Maybe we could get tokens that could be used to give the Askr trio the equivalent of a merge.  I don't think changing their movement type would be a great idea, since that would fundamentally change them.

Better weapons might come, but I don't think they truly need them and am wary of anything resembling power creep.

True, giving them another movement Type would not be the best Idea, I also missed that BST has quite an influence on the arena and is handled differently for different movement types.

But I still think a new attire with a power up would have something.
They just could upgrade the weapon skills from Level 2 too 3. This should not change too much.

But I would also be content with some kind of merge tokens, as I compared already to the Hawks from tales of link. But I would not limit these tokens too these 3 units.
For tokens I'm thinking of different tokens for different colors which are rare but give us another option for merges.

Literally just giving them free merges would go a long way.

That's one thing Fate/Grand Order actually does right. All of their "welfare" characters (i.e. the free 4-star characters you get for completing events) have a means of obtaining all 5 copies needed to fully merge the character. The first copy is acquired by simply completing the event, and the additional 4 copies are typically acquired by clearing optional event challenge content.

Something I could see implemented for Heroes could be a weekly quest of "Complete 21 daily quests" (i.e. all daily quests that week) or a couple monthly quests to earn a merge token that can only be used on characters that cannot be summoned. Having those as Tempest Trials rewards and Grand Hero Battle quest rewards also makes sense and would help make Heroes's "welfare" characters more relevant.

As much as I'd rather not see the Black Knight in my Arena runs.

I like the idea of giving them extra merges. I am fine with upgrading their Weapons to have the tier 3 effect. In the Arena, they do not really do much outside of being Reposition bots for me.

Edited by XRay

Since they do give us extra copies of other freebie units through GHB and TT reruns, I guess they might give us Askr trio merges in the future. Though IS might also consider the Askr trio's place as starter units to get you going different, and not bother much about it. I could see some kind of anniversary upgrade for them though, which would be cool. 

The average f2p/low spending player doesn't use many merged units, so I don't think it's a pressing issue, but I wouldn't be against it. 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally just giving them free merges would go a long way.

That's one thing Fate/Grand Order actually does right. All of their "welfare" characters (i.e. the free 4-star characters you get for completing events) have a means of obtaining all 5 copies needed to fully merge the character. The first copy is acquired by simply completing the event, and the additional 4 copies are typically acquired by clearing optional event challenge content.

Something I could see implemented for Heroes could be a weekly quest of "Complete 21 daily quests" (i.e. all daily quests that week) or a couple monthly quests to earn a merge token that can only be used on characters that cannot be summoned. Having those as Tempest Trials rewards and Grand Hero Battle quest rewards also makes sense and would help make Heroes's "welfare" characters more relevant.

As much as I'd rather not see the Black Knight in my Arena runs.

I wouldnt mind seeing 4 Star Askr trio rewards from BHB quests. Along the lines complete infernal with Anna & Alfonse & Sharena in your Team to get a 4 Star copy. Sadly they missed the opportunity to do that with the BHB return of Alm & Celica

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

I wouldnt mind seeing 4 Star Askr trio rewards from BHB quests. Along the lines complete infernal with Anna & Alfonse & Sharena in your Team to get a 4 Star copy. Sadly they missed the opportunity to do that with the BHB return of Alm & Celica

The thing is that it makes zero sense to have a second copy of Alfonse, Sharena, or Anna. Having a second copy of any of them implies you took one from another world, but their dialogue makes it clear that they come from the instance of Zenith in your own account.

Hence why tokens.

Or even:

Master Seal
Merge count +1 for characters that cannot be summoned.

Master Crown
Merge count +1 for Alfonse, Sharena, or Anna.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The thing is that it makes zero sense to have a second copy of Alfonse, Sharena, or Anna. Having a second copy of any of them implies you took one from another world, but their dialogue makes it clear that they come from the instance of Zenith in your own account.

Hence why tokens.

Or even:

Master Seal
Merge count +1 for characters that cannot be summoned.

Master Crown
Merge count +1 for Alfonse, Sharena, or Anna.

Lets not pretend that the Storyline in Heroes is strong and they havent used alot of "Plot-no-Jutsu" stuff ¬.¬. I mean just look at the recent Tempest Trial story lulz or the Sidequest storys

11 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Lets not pretend that the Storyline in Heroes is strong and they havent used alot of "Plot-no-Jutsu" stuff ¬.¬. I mean just look at the recent Tempest Trial story lulz or the Sidequest storys

You can literally write off everything in the story as explained by parallel universes except the Zenith natives. The Zenith natives are the only things you can't do that to because they are the only character that are native to the universe your account takes place in.

While it is clear that there are multiple parallel Zeniths, a Sharena from a different Zenith would not refer to your Zenith as the same place she is from (as is clear from her friend greeting quotes).

Similar reason as why you cannot get multiple copies of Mash in F/GO, but at least you can still get full "merge levels" for her simply by clearing the main story.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I like the idea of giving them extra merges. I am fine with upgrading their Weapons to have the tier 3 effect. In the Arena, they do not really do much outside of being Reposition bots for me.

Something something 3 Reinhardt

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Something something 3 Reinhardt

I used Anna to take Reinhardt's fist a few times before. She cannot handle three Reinhardts at once though.

Things I want for the Askr Trio:
-Better legendary weapons/special exclusive skills
-Potential for merge
-Special costumes

I'd love to see their weapons get upgraded and have secondary effects. It'd be cool if someone got DC or a mage nuking weapon (even though none of them really have high enough RES to nuke mages). But I'd also be fine with their getting specials skills or seals that give them an extra boost. Something like that has plot potential.

Merges are always nice too. Not glamorous but definitely useful. Anna honestly has the most potential for merges since canonically there are Annas all over the place. XD Alfonse and Sharena might be weirded out a little bit by twins or triplets.

Art is my top priority though. Not that their art is bad...I actually like it, but they're all fairly similar in concept. Makes sense since they're from the same place. Art doesn't affect performance, but I'd love to see some rad new designs with similar motifs but enough to really let their personalities shine through.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I used Anna to take Reinhardt's fist a few times before. She cannot handle three Reinhardts at once though.

53 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That sounds quite kinky.

His fist is pretty small, though.

My Titania can take Thunder's Fist all day without breaking a sweat.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

That sounds quite kinky.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

His fist is pretty small, though.

My Titania can take Thunder's Fist all day without breaking a sweat.

You know who is more impressive? Sigurd. He can take Reinhardt's fist in a hole that you did not think it was physically possible. Sigurd's sword is something else.

I only see, at most, one problem with the idea of Merge tokens or similar...

Where does it stop?

...like, would there ever be a point where most of the long-term players would have gotten all the materials needed to make one of these units reach +10 merge, making any excess materials completely pointless?

We technically only have three units who excess copies can never exist of (Grand Hero Battle units and Tempest Trial units can always be rerun with quests to get 1 extra copy), so there will inevitably be a limit to how many coins one needs, even if that limit takes years to hit.

Like Korok seeds. There's a god-awful lot of them in Breath of the Wild, but you only need like half of that total to get all the inventory upgraded.

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Where does it stop?

...like, would there ever be a point where most of the long-term players would have gotten all the materials needed to make one of these units reach +10 merge, making any excess materials completely pointless?

We technically only have three units who excess copies can never exist of (Grand Hero Battle units and Tempest Trial units can always be rerun with quests to get 1 extra copy), so there will inevitably be a limit to how many coins one needs, even if that limit takes years to hit.

Like Korok seeds. There's a god-awful lot of them in Breath of the Wild, but you only need like half of that total to get all the inventory upgraded.

Just make redundant tokens redeemable into Feathers, pretty much like extra Sacred Seals, and you have no problem.

No, my main issue with merge tokens is that quite simply it should have already begun several months ago. I feel that now it is too late to initiate a token hunt, unless the token:merge ratio is high enough and/or token availability is high enough (in which case missing even a few tokens might be very punishing for someone who aspires to max out their heroes)

That is why I generally feel that flat-out giving more copies through non-time limited story events / quests is preferable at least until we get to +3 or so. From there on we can have some alternate system.

7 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Where does it stop?

Master Crowns could be traded in for Master Seals

Master Seals could probably be traded in for other things, like feathers, Sacred Coins, extra copies of certain characters, or whatnot.

3 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

Just make redundant tokens redeemable into Feathers, pretty much like extra Sacred Seals, and you have no problem.

No, my main issue with merge tokens is that quite simply it should have already begun several months ago. I feel that now it is too late to initiate a token hunt, unless the token:merge ratio is high enough and/or token availability is high enough (in which case missing even a few tokens might be very punishing for someone who aspires to max out their heroes)

That is why I generally feel that flat-out giving more copies through non-time limited story events / quests is preferable at least until we get to +3 or so. From there on we can have some alternate system.

One Master Crown per week and 1 Master Crown per merge level I think is a pretty reasonable sustained rate for acquisition. Perhaps also have 4 or 5 of them available from event quests at launch just to get players started.

10 hours ago, XRay said:

You know who is more impressive? Sigurd. He can take Reinhardt's fist in a hole that you did not think it was physically possible. Sigurd's sword is something else.

I'm still fucking offended Sigurd's weapon is Tyrfing instead of Silver Sword

I mean on other Lord you can actually argue their final weapon is their iconic weapon - Marth with Falchion, Ike with Ragnell, Roy with Binding Blade etc

For Sigurd theres no argument - Silver Sword is far and away is most well known weapon

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

17 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I'm still fucking offended Sigurd's weapon is Tyrfing instead of Silver Sword

Sigurd's quotes indicate that he was summoned from after sending Oifey off into hiding with Seliph and the other children, at which point he will have already received Tyrfing.

44 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sigurd's quotes indicate that he was summoned from after sending Oifey off into hiding with Seliph and the other children, at which point he will have already received Tyrfing.

Actually wasn't Sigurd's quotes and.... uhhh dialogues basically puts him at the "Ghost Sigurd" phase?