Free Update / Nov 16

Hardin

Koei Tecmo just updated the official website for the game, and have announced that free DLC will be released in addition to the 1.2.0 update releasing next week. 

The update includes new costumes for Rowan and Lianne, a new history mode map, and more. For those with the Japanese version, the English voice track will also become available as free DLC.

1-2_06.jpg

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koei Tecmo just updated the official website for the game, and have announced that free DLC will be released in addition to the 1.2.0 update releasing next week. 

The update includes new costumes for Rowan and Lianne, a new history mode map, and more. For those with the Japanese version, the English voice track will also become available as free DLC.

1-2_06.jpg

Gotta love the double-topic glitch.  Sorry, can't do much about it!

This is great news!  Meh on the costumes, but new History Mode maps make me excited!

So according to this Tweet (which thanks fans for the positive support LUL), a new mechanic is actually being added to the game... The exploding clothes from Fates (and Echoes to a degree). I kid you not. See the first picture?

Anyway, they're going to put in "torn clothes" models for all the characters, I assume.

According to the official site (https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/update.html), exploding clothes only happen when you use a specific set of weapons that have the Armor Breaker effect. When you perform a critical hit with a weapon that has the Armor Breaker property, enemy Def and Res are lowered, and they enter the Armor Break state (exploding clothes).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

Ooh! This just makes me more excited to get it already! (Not that I can with my gaming situation atm - don't have a Switch, and I'm not getting one until Christmas, and three other games I've preordered and need to get)

Also, did Echoes really have clothing damage? Because I don't remember seeing anything of the sort.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

8 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Also, did Echoes really have clothing damage? Because I don't remember seeing anything of the sort.

Yes, actually, but the threshold for knocking off clothing is much much higher, and I think what even can be knocked off is more limited. Headgear and accessories can come off, but very rarely. Have Clair tank an archer or something for a higher chance lol.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So according to this Tweet (which thanks fans for the positive support LUL), a new mechanic is actually being added to the game... The exploding clothes from Fates (and Echoes to a degree). I kid you not. See the first picture?

Anyway, they're going to put in "torn clothes" models for all the characters, I assume.

According to the official site (https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/fe/update.html), exploding clothes only happen when you use a specific set of weapons that have the Armor Breaker effect. When you perform a critical hit with a weapon that has the Armor Breaker property, enemy Def and Res are lowered, and they enter the Armor Break state (exploding clothes).

Wait, then what's the point of the supposed damaged armor models in the DLC?

Also, is Rowan getting two outfits?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Wait, then what's the point of the supposed damaged armor models in the DLC?

Also, is Rowan getting two outfits?

The damaged armor models are the Armor Break models. When you get hit by a crit by those Armor Break weapons, your model turns into the damaged armor one. The costume in the Tweet is just him after Armor Break; the one on the site is his DLC costume.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The damaged armor models are the Armor Break models. When you get hit by a crit by those Armor Break weapons, your model turns into the damaged armor one. The costume in the Tweet is just him after Armor Break; the one on the site is his DLC costume.

So...the broken armor models will not actually be part of the paid DLC like the leak/reveal (not sure what it was) said? Or will that just make them selectable from the start.

As for the second part, that's my bad, the website made that clear. Still, their broken armor clothes look a lot like modern work out clothes to me.

so thats what these broken armor stuff is for.... does this mean the new history map will come with a clothes slaying weapon for all character weapons?

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

So...the broken armor models will not actually be part of the paid DLC like the leak/reveal (not sure what it was) said? Or will that just make them selectable from the start.

As for the second part, that's my bad, the website made that clear. Still, their broken armor clothes look a lot like modern work out clothes to me.

I guess not, since it's part of the free update.

Lol, yeah, it's relatively tame for undergarments.

Whoa hey, free updates! I wasn't expecting that after they were so eager to tell us about the paid DLC. Hyrule Warriors had a lot of fun free updates like Challenge Mode, the playable villains, Medli, and a few costumes, so it's nice to see something substantial here.

35 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

At least it's not the three villian sorcerers becoming playable characters.

Honestly I'd have loved to have that in a free update, if only because then they could be used as the system voice. I want Gharnef scolding me for staying up late, Validar congratulating me on clearing the mission (as fated), and Iago saying "I'm afraid that's not possible." whenever you try to select a greyed-out menu option.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Lol, yeah, it's relatively tame for undergarments.

If anything, maybe this will bode well for the others as these at least look like just alternate costumes as opposed to running around in your undies. Though, not sure how much more Camilla can lose without raising the rating.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

The Broken Armor models you get from the DLC will likely be freely selectable as normal costumes.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

If anything, maybe this will bode well for the others as these at least look like just alternate costumes as opposed to running around in your undies. Though, not sure how much more Camilla can lose without raising the rating.

Hey, sarashi wrapping for the Hoshidan women was allowed for Fates, and that was rated T. It's probably fine.

2 minutes ago, Folt said:

The Broken Armor models you get from the DLC will likely be freely selectable as normal costumes.

That seems the most likely.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Hey, sarashi wrapping for the Hoshidan women was allowed for Fates, and that was rated T. It's probably fine.

Couldn't you also just run around in a towel in that one?

Either way, I'm curious. Who wants to bet that Marth loses his pants? And pity the poor guy who messes up Robin's coat.

Its said fredrick wears a tuxedo under his armor yes? if the armor breaks. will it show the tuxedo? man so many fun costume ideas that could happen just from this armor break.

Just now, Thany said:

Its said fredrick wears a tuxedo under his armor yes? if the armor breaks. will it show the tuxedo? man so many fun costume ideas that could happen just from this armor break.

What if under his armor, was another suit of armor?