Free Update / Nov 16

Hardin

55 minutes ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

At least it isn't as bad as with Heroes with characters getting damaged pictures featured with rips and shredded outfits. What they shown off here with Rowan and Lianna is pretty tame as it looks like their gonna run a marathon or something.
I'm actually curious on how the other playable characters are gonna look.

Whats wrong with shredded outfits though? With people swinging weapons and slinging spells at you, its only natural to have rip and tears here and there. The only worry is where the tears are and how much is torn off. Really, the only bad one that comes to mind is Bruno (too much) and the summer units (too little from the start). Nevermind the poses, cause that's another story

7 hours ago, Thany said:

well theres also the fact its not just underwear like Fates was, so it looks more varied then just black undergarmets. (looked nice but was just vary bland between all characters)

Doesn't that only happen when either you deliberately give units undergarments, or use either a raider weapon or Sophie's personal skill?

Edited by Motendra

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

Doesn't that only happen when either you deliberately give units undergarments, or use either a raider weapon or Sophie's personal skill?

Everyone has default undergarments, so if you give them a bath towel or not clothes breaking still reveals the same undergarmets depending on side.

Im mostly just saying these look more like casual wear then undergarmets. (but I dont dout some of the characters might, I dont see what else camila would wear)

7 minutes ago, Thany said:

Everyone has default undergarments, so if you give them a bath towel or not clothes breaking still reveals the same undergarmets depending on side.

Im mostly just saying these look more like casual wear then undergarmets. (but I dont dout some of the characters might, I dont see what else camila would wear)

Well yes, I'm aware of the default, but in all my playing of Fates, armor (which includes clothes over clothes via promotion) was the only thing to ever come off, followed by tatters here and there,  unless a raider effect was in play. I'm almost certain of this. Not sure what you mean by side though.

No arguments on the Aytolisian twins, as I agree too

Edited by Motendra

Just now, Motendra said:

Well yes, I'm aware of the default, but in all my playing of Fates, armor was the only thing to ever come off unless a raider effect was in play. I'm almost certain of this

Kinda like how in this game, The armor will only come off with a weapon skill and only if that person is using it,

Its optional like fates but its pretty useful in this game.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Kinda like how in this game, The armor will only come off with a weapon skill and only if that person is using it,

Its optional like fates but its pretty useful in this game.

I understand how it works in this game. I was talking about Fates' rendition of it, despite how trivial it is.

Never was I given the option to turn it off (not like it bothered me anyway), as it just happened whenever it did; particularly and most often when a unit dies. Otherwise, its minimal breakage, such as Ryoma losing his headpiece

well regardless, Im just looking forward to what other units undergarmets look like, What does oboro wear under her usual wear? I'm so curious what they are gonna do.

So, I did the boss battle of the history map (The first Lv.80 stage in it) and I noticed something: 

Spoiler

When Darios summoned shadows, looking at their sprite and picture they use on the map, it shows a shadow version of normal Darios instead of the possessed version...now, I didn't check the class of the Shadows, so it could be they were Lord, which is normal Darios's class, while Great Lord is always possessed Darios's class but still...

9 hours ago, Folt said:

This update makes Robin and Corrin exempt from the Deploy Limits based on gender. Previously, Robin would be restricted to Male Only and Corrin would be restricted to Female Only, no matter what your costume was.

Do you at least still have to switch between the two?

6 hours ago, Thany said:

well regardless, Im just looking forward to what other units undergarmets look like, What does oboro wear under her usual wear? I'm so curious what they are gonna do.

Oboro will probably lose her chest guard and that orange cloth, if I had to guess. Maybe just the chest guard, if they want to take "Armor" Strike literally.

22 hours ago, Motendra said:

Whats wrong with shredded outfits though? With people swinging weapons and slinging spells at you, its only natural to have rip and tears here and there. The only worry is where the tears are and how much is torn off. Really, the only bad one that comes to mind is Bruno (too much) and the summer units (too little from the start). Nevermind the poses, cause that's another story

I'm trying not to say anything is wrong about it. It is natural and kinda real in a way for people fighting to end up getting their outfits heavily torn up. It's just people really don't take it very well and call it bad fanservice. In a way, not alot of games actually go out their way to depict damage on character models or on any thing character related in general.  

The thing is here, people are treating this feature already as a bad thing. Even though this is, like I said, pretty tame so far compared to ripped up outfits.

On 18.11.2017 at 8:12 PM, Arthur97 said:

Do you at least still have to switch between the two?

As I took Male Corrin into the Females Only mission when the restriction was still up, I don't think that was ever a requirement.

5 minutes ago, Homosexualbeard said:

Either not out in North America yet or I'm missing something. Real shame, been waiting for this patch.

That makes sense since it was only mentioned by the Japanese Twitter as of now, so everyone else will probably get it later (the same thing happened with patch 1.2, which was released in Japan a while before the rest of the world got it).

The new v1.2.1 3DS patch is out in Europe as of about 6 hours ago (when I downloaded it).  The in game patch notes read:

>Fixed Ver. 1.2.0 bugs

>Button-input functionality has been improved

>Processing speed has been improved.

As far as I can tell so far, it does indeed fix the issues properly, but If for some reason you can't download it yet, the lag from 1.2.0 can also be partially dealt with by turning broken armour appearances off in the options.

I still haven't had a chance to play the update and I've been really wondering something so I'll ask here.

I know as of now you can't equip the broken armor models as alternate costumes, but can you view the broken armor models in the character viewer?

9 minutes ago, Fulush said:

I know as of now you can't equip the broken armor models as alternate costumes, but can you view the broken armor models in the character viewer?

Yes, assuming that you've had it happen to the character in question.

So for example, you'll unlock Lianna's broken armor model in the character viewer if if she enters the armor break state while you're playing as her.