Free Update / Nov 16

Hardin

7 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I just had an idea, guys.

Inflicting armor break on Gharnef. Picture it in your head.

Let's not.

At least the armor break does actually serve a purpose though. Should make dealing with the likes of Frederick and Xander easier at least.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really exciting. 

I do think the broken armor feature does bring in a sense of realism and from what I hear, it also helps lower defense and resistance. Which makes characters with high defense and resistance easier to beat. But I kinda like the clothing Lianna and Rowan are reduced to are like sport wear under all that clothing. lol But it makes me wonder what characters like Corrin, Camilla, Azura will have underneath all their armor, or if it just end up with them having ripped and broken armors instead of under armor outfits, who knows.

The red does look very well on Rowan and Lianna and the new history mode map look fun. I can't wait~

Neat. I like the new costumes. I find the armor breaking mechanic more interesting. (because of both fanservice and how relevant it’ll actually be) makes me wonder what they’ll do with Camilla who basically wears no armor though :huh:

14 hours ago, Thany said:

Its said fredrick wears a tuxedo under his armor yes? if the armor breaks. will it show the tuxedo? man so many fun costume ideas that could happen just from this armor break.

I would love to finally see Fredrick wear his tuxedo into battle especially since it’s actually kind of visible on his model already

on that note I wonder if we’ll be able to choose to go armorless from the get go or have to wait until getting hit by a slaying weapon

Just now, NegativeExponents- said:

on that note I wonder if we’ll be able to choose to go armorless from the get go or have to wait until getting hit by a slaying weapon

Mabey that has to do with the broken armor thing in the DLCs thats listed. perhaps thats where we will get such costumes for other characters to play whenever.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Believe, if I could, I would find you and end you for putting that image in my head.

Joking aside and being on topic:

I actually quite like the new outfits for the twins, I actually think these look better then their og colours. It goes better with their hair. As for the armour break models, I'm not really bothered. I was hoping they would look more, I dunno, damaged. But they look fine overall. Also, a new history mode map is pretty cool. I wonder if it will give us the unique weapons for characters like Robin, Lissa, Freddy etc.

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

Mabey that has to do with the broken armor thing in the DLCs thats listed. perhaps thats where we will get such costumes for other characters to play whenever.

That would make sense. Whatever the case may be I’m looking forward to the update

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also, a new history mode map is pretty cool. I wonder if it will give us the unique weapons for characters like Robin, Lissa, Freddy etc.

Perhaps this free map actually gives us the weapons with said skills, and the new costumes for rowan and lianna

I normally don't post outside of the Heroes board, but this warrants a post.

Rowan's and Lianna's (I'm never going to get used to those names) red and gold outfits look great. The red catches the eye much more than their original outfits, and Rowan (I'm still never going to get used to those names) actually doesn't look quite as generic anymore, which means I might actually start using him.

Armor Break looks like it's going to be pretty useful if the reduction in Def and Res is high enough. High-level enemies Xander are a pain to chip down if you don't have weapon triangle advantage, effective damage, or hit their weaker defensive stat.

I'm hoping that the paid DLC broken armor models aren't the same as the ones used when the character has their armor broken with Armor Break. That seems a bit lazy to just have the DLC be an on-off switch. That said, since the number of DLC broken armor models is the same as the number of characters (and not double that to account for promotions), I'm not terribly optimistic.

I hope the new history map has better places to farm materials. That or I'm dumb and just haven't found the existing farming locations myself.

Ugh, now I have to rework the skills on all of the weapons I've already built out.

Edited by Ice Dragon

50 minutes ago, Azz said:

Believe, if I could, I would find you and end you for putting that image in my head.

Joking aside and being on topic:

I actually quite like the new outfits for the twins, I actually think these look better then their og colours. It goes better with their hair. As for the armour break models, I'm not really bothered. I was hoping they would look more, I dunno, damaged. But they look fine overall. Also, a new history mode map is pretty cool. I wonder if it will give us the unique weapons for characters like Robin, Lissa, Freddy etc.

I would imagine they might save special weapons for the DLC, but at the same time, they probably shouldn't give everyone special weapons so you have some reason to use generics. It's bad enough every Fates character has a unique weapon.

It's nice to hear a confirmation that this update is coming outside of Japan at the same time.

18 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Honestly I'd have loved to have that in a free update, if only because then they could be used as the system voice. I want Gharnef scolding me for staying up late, Validar congratulating me on clearing the mission (as fated), and Iago saying "I'm afraid that's not possible." whenever you try to select a greyed-out menu option.

I suppose, but I'm personally not that interested in having three free characters that are basically Robin clones. I think it's still possible for them to be voice options without having to be playable. Besides, from my understanding IS doesn't seem to like having FE villians be playable compared to Nintendo's other franchises.

11 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

It's nice to hear a confirmation that this update is coming outside of Japan at the same time.

I suppose, but I'm personally not that interested in having three free characters that are basically Robin clones. I think it's still possible for them to be voice options without having to be playable. Besides, from my understanding IS doesn't seem to like having FE villians be playable compared to Nintendo's other franchises.

That didn't stop Awakening and Heroes.

3 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

only fan favorite villains though, and even then the numbers are incredibly low, we have no ashnard, medeus, gharnef, iago, validar, hans, garon, walhart, etc. in heroes.

personally I love it when fire emblem villains are playable(and don't suck [awakening]), so if we get a villain roster in future I would be very appreciative.

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

What I meant by that by that were major villians. And while Awakening does have spotpass characters Heroes currently only has minor antagonists as playable options.

Even Smash Bros only has trophies of Black Knight and Ashnard and maybe Validar on the 3ds version.

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

only fan favorite villains though, and even then the numbers are incredibly low, we have no ashnard, medeus, gharnef, iago, validar, hans, garon, walhart, etc. in heroes.

personally I love it when fire emblem villains are playable(and don't suck [awakening]), so if we get a villain roster in future I would be very appreciative.

I mean, most of the villains you mentioned were Awakening and Fates villains, and it's not like we've gotten normal banners for those games, not to mention they only show up in GHBs. Besides, even if they aren't fan-favorite villains, I don't see how that's a point proving IS hates playable villains.

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, most of the villains you mentioned were Awakening and Fates villains, and it's not like we've gotten normal banners for those games, not to mention they only show up in GHBs. Besides, even if they aren't fan-favorite villains, I don't see how that's a point proving IS hates playable villains.

I wasn't really trying to say that IS hates playable villians. Maybe I just worded it wrong. The point I was trying to get across is I don't think a playable Validar and Iago would excite as many people as...let's say, Garon, Gangrel or if we consider him a 'villian' character Camus. That's all I really wanted to say.

And before you mention it I know the three characters I just mention wouldn't be free either and would have to be part of a paid DLC pack outside the season pass.

55 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

we have yet to even get any GHBs from path of radiance, Petrine, Bertram, bryce are all prospects which I feel are significant enough to add, radiant dawn could use lekien(who was debatable the primary villain up until part 4) and sephrain, some would also appreciate zelgius(BK doesn't count), even blazing blade which had the best track record for villain inclusions still lacks linus of all characters who is as important as lloyd, also being nino's brother and one of the four fangs, nergal is also absent. sacred stones only has valter, who was far from the most important, lyon would have been a fine inclusion and more story relevant, though sacred stones was screwed over in numerous ways so I suppose that is understandable given the fact that IS hates sacred stones nb4 the ss tempest trials becomes a thing. 

I cant think of any other games, that I've played, that last one had little thought put into it.

edit: I also don't think IS hates FE villains, but they are almost always an afterthought with few exceptions.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

4 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

and it looks glorious. Where is Oliver when we need him?

Edited by Tolvir

I'm still not motivated to get this game, but for some reason I've delighted in looking at Rowan in his undergarments from the backside. The face I could do without, but I like the clothes! Now show me some Ryoma and Takumi! Leo, Owain, and Xander too I guess. Niles is too sexual for my tastes, Robin and Corrin too avatar generic, Chrom and Frederick are just eh, and Marth does not deserve the ignominy.

7 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

makes me wonder what they’ll do with Camilla who basically wears no armor though :huh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Azura doesn't look like she isn't wearing underwear either. Oboro I guess could bust out some fashionable undergarments though.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Azura doesn't look like she isn't wearing underwear either. Oboro I guess could bust out some fashionable undergarments though.

Azura wears white panties. I wouldn't know this if not for her incredibly revealing artwork shoving it in my face, though.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oboro will probably just lose her chest guard and orange cloak thingy. She's still got the blue leggings and shirt.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Azura wears white panties. I wouldn't know this if not for her incredibly revealing artwork shoving it in my face, though.

Except those aren't panties, if you look closely, it's connected to her leg tight or whatever you call it. 

You can actually see that in the cutscene, Dark Song, where Azura performs as the "mysterious dancer" and in the Light Song cutscene as well too.

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

1 hour ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

Except those aren't panties, if you look closely, it's connected to her leg tight or whatever you call it. 

You can actually see that in the cutscene, Dark Song, where Azura performs as the "mysterious dancer" and in the Light Song cutscene as well too.

I'm just hoping we get a mysterious dancer costume with her character...hell, make it the upgraded form since it's not like those costumes need to get boggled down with more jewelry or some crap...

9 minutes ago, DIO said:

I'm just hoping we get a mysterious dancer costume with her character...hell, make it the upgraded form since it's not like those costumes need to get boggled down with more jewelry or some crap...

I can see it either being her promoted outfit or a separate costume all together. I wouldn't mind both, but I've been curious on what kind of custom original new promoted outfit they would do for her.