Free Update / Nov 16

Hardin

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Azura doesn't look like she isn't wearing underwear either. Oboro I guess could bust out some fashionable undergarments though.

To echo other people, Azura has that single white legging thing. Honestly I feel like they might just give Camilla and Azura and I guess anyone else that might apply a random undershirt when their armor gets broken which would be pretty hilarious as that’d probably give at least Camilla more clothes.

On 11/8/2017 at 2:31 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Yes, actually, but the threshold for knocking off clothing is much much higher, and I think what even can be knocked off is more limited. Headgear and accessories can come off, but very rarely. Have Clair tank an archer or something for a higher chance lol.

...So what's the actual suggestion for taking sufficient damage?

37 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Legitimately curious as to how this is going to work with Tharja. Is this game going to need an adults only rating?

Not really, after all, Smash 4 got away with keeping the rating for the Bayonetta DLC. Granted, she was toned down, but it's still similar to this.

I love battle damage, plus it gives me the chance to see more of Marth and Caeda's skin.

Now where's that pantless!Marth outfit?

1 hour ago, NegativeExponents- said:

To echo other people, Azura has that single white legging thing. Honestly I feel like they might just give Camilla and Azura and I guess anyone else that might apply a random undershirt when their armor gets broken which would be pretty hilarious as that’d probably give at least Camilla more clothes.

58 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Legitimately curious as to how this is going to work with Tharja. Is this game going to need an adults only rating?

It's called "Invisingerie". When armor/clothing is atop the smallclothes (to use Awakening terminology), they appear to disappear and become nothing. When nothing is coming into contact with them however, they suddenly appear like magic! It's the perfect way to tease without ever giving away the goods.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Azura has half-leggings, not panties. Camilla is the one with fucking panties. Her design is SO stupid.

And Azura's isn't? Or did you mean both of them, because if so, I agree completely.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It's called "Invisingerie". When armor/clothing is atop the smallclothes (to use Awakening terminology), they appear to disappear and become nothing. When nothing is coming into contact with them however, they suddenly appear like magic! It's the perfect way to tease without ever giving away the goods.

That explains so much, yet so little at the same time...

I'm personally glad the broken armour stuff is a bit more tame than it was in Fates (at least judging by the pictures of Rowan and Lianna). I'm not one to be entirely opposed to fanservice like that, but like everything, it has it's time and it's place and a game about beating up thousands upon thousands of random mooks in increasingly over the top yet glorious fashion is not one of those times or those places. In my opinion, at least.

Why do I suddenly imagine an entire army of soldiers waddling around in their undergarments, but still carrying their weapons? Wtf, brain?

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

And Azura's isn't? Or did you mean both of them, because if so, I agree completely.

No, Azura's design is pretty. Camilla's is really stupid. Azura at least isn't super revealing just for the sake of it and her hair and outfit genuinely look nice. Camilla's is neither.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, Azura's design is pretty. Camilla's is really stupid. Azura at least isn't super revealing just for the sake of it and her hair and outfit genuinely look nice. Camilla's is neither.

Huh. Okay then.
Personally, I don't really get the appeal of Azura (neither character, nor design-wise), but to each their own, I guess.
100% agreed on Camilla, though.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Huh. Okay then.
Personally, I don't really get the appeal of Azura (neither character, nor design-wise), but to each their own, I guess.
100% agreed on Camilla, though.

Azura shines a lot in supports and she's pretty. Camilla just shines nowhere to me. Ugh. I feel like she's only liked for boobs.

Edited by Anacybele

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Camilla is going to be like Gandhi in Civilization, she will lose clothes and go into the negative, meaning she will be the most conservatively dressed of everyone.

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

Camilla is the real question, at least Tharja is more clothed than she is.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Azura shines a lot in supports and she's pretty. Camilla just shines nowhere to me. Ugh. I feel like she's only liked for boobs.

You're not alone on that front... I mean, remember what happened in Fates' pre-release? "I'm choosing Nohr for the BOOBS!!!" and all that jazz... I knew the instant I saw Camilla that I wouldn't like her, fueled by my personal aversion to overly huge... you know...
But, as I said, to each their own.

Azura has good supports, that's true. Off the top of my head, there's Arthur, Subaki, Jakob, Sakura, Birthright!Corrin, Kaze, Kaden, Keaton and Elise that I liked. If she was her support-self throughout the entire game, she would - and I'm not over-exaggerating here - probably be one of my favourite characters, personality-wise.
It's just the two-faced nature of Fates (crap story, decent to good supports) has kind of ruined her for me. Same with Xander and, to an extent, every Royal sibling (though Sakura and Elise are fine even within the story).
I know I said I hated her with a burning passion before (because I am an ignorant idiot like that), but I think now, with some distance from Fates, I can safely say I have mellowed out on everyone I hated. I have used a Master Seal and promoted from Hate or something...

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Azura has half-leggings, not panties. Camilla is the one with fucking panties. Her design is SO stupid.

Wait, why are we mentioning Camilla in the first place? o.o

Edited by NoirCore

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

Wait, why are we mentioning Camilla in the first place? o.o

Because it kind of disgusts me that people would complain about Azura's leggings but not the fact that Camilla literally looks like she just wears some armor over a bra and panties and that's it.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Because it kind of disgusts me that people would complain about Azura's leggings but not the fact that Camilla literally looks like she just wears some armor over a bra and panties and that's it.

Well, Camilla wasn't relevant to the topic, so of course she wouldn't be talked about. I don't care too much for Camilla, either, but we don't have to throw her name in just to bash her.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Well, Camilla wasn't relevant to the topic, so of course she wouldn't be talked about. I don't care too much for Camilla, either, but we don't have to throw her name in just to bash her.

We don't, no, that is true.

10 hours ago, Legend_of_Zelia said:

I can see it either being her promoted outfit or a separate costume all together. I wouldn't mind both, but I've been curious on what kind of custom original new promoted outfit they would do for her.

Just don't expect Oboro to help with the Nohrian outfit.

Free DLC is always a good thing, and Rowan and Lianna's new costumes look neat. A new History Mode map is cool too even though I haven't finished them all yet.

And honestly I have wondered what some characters wear under their armor (because I kind of wonder how Corrin's armor, for example, works), purely for scientific purposes of course...

Speaking of outfits, I would prefer if Azura got a new promoted outfit (like "Vallite Princess" or something) instead of just using her Nohrian dress, though I also think that said dress should also be included.

6 hours ago, Etheus said:

She'll probably just lose her cape or something.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Camilla is going to be like Gandhi in Civilization, she will lose clothes and go into the negative, meaning she will be the most conservatively dressed of everyone.

I understood that reference and I applaud you. Underflow-Error-Induced Nuclear Warmonger Gandhi is the best Gandhi.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Speaking of outfits, I would prefer if Azura got a new promoted outfit (like "Vallite Princess" or something) instead of just using her Nohrian dress, though I also think that said dress should also be included.

Well it seems like most if not all units simply get more armor/clothing for their promotions so maybe Azura would get a longer dress. Something similar to the saint class from SoV perhaps?

4 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My example is actually how I got Clair's helmet to fall off.

...Well, I'm probably going to need something heavier.

One of the few downsides to being so great with pegasi that the bow weakness is a rumour.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

She'll probably just lose her cape or something.

I think she'll also lose the...what's it called...dark veil covering her body? Is that what it is...?