Would you like to see a enforced classic mode?

Would you like to see a enforced classic mode?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a enforced classic mode?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't mind to seeing some kind of mode where soft resetting wasn't allowed or rendered useless. May as well play on Casual instead of Classic as a lot of people restart on Classic when a unit dies, anyways.

Not sure about deleting whole files or anything like that if the lord dies, though. That's what a complete Game Over is for—it boots you back to the last save point to start the map over.

No thanks. Firstly, some of us are actually attached to the characters to want to play a perfect run. Secondly, surely having to start the chapter over is enough of a deterrent/burden.

Actually, I have to side with Azz and say that even Casual mode isn't entirely noob mode. In addition to what he said, what if you lost an ally that you needed him/her to talk to a recruitable enemy/NPC in a hypothetically difficult FE game? Especially a recruit that the Lord cannot talk to? Admittedly that does not happen in Conquest, but it would be bad if you couldn't talk to Perceval in Chapter 14 of Binding Blade, because Lalum/Elphin retreated from their wounds.

Edited by henrymidfields

On 11/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

I meant there is two modes

Classic with turnwheel

Super hard core Ironman resetless mode

I say the difficulty modes should be:

Casual, Classic (with turnwheel), Classic, and Ironman. They ought to include additional gameplay rewards depending on what difficulties you complete.

Edited by NekoKnight

• 2 weeks later...

I know that kind of masochistic permadeath exists on some MMO servers, where if you die you can't login as that avatar anymore. But, that only works in special settings and tends to be for guildies to work in a more high stakes environment. It's pointless in a singleplayer game.

That said, I think dropping casual mode would be a bad idea, even with the turnwheel. Turnwheel should usurp Pheonix mode. Really, all casual mode does is prevent a billion restarts and force more mid-chapter grinding. Otherwise, you end up with a few over powered units verses a few units... in total.

I think some old-school fans underestimate how many 3DS newbies wouldn't pick up the series anymore if permadeath was enforced again. Even if the game was easy otherwise.