Names for Alternate Seasonal Units

salinea

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Tharja could also be Tharknight, Tharmor or Tharmor Knight?

Robin as Red Robin (althoughit works better if he was a swordie)

I love Tharknight!

Red Robin feels a bit confusing becuase he isn't written by Nicieza and also a blue unit but okay! :)

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I see that CYLyn is not on the list.

Look again.

Edited by salinea

7 hours ago, salinea said:

I love Tharknight!

Red Robin feels a bit confusing becuase he isn't written by Nicieza and also a blue unit but okay! :)

Look again.

I think she meant CYLyn as a nickname

Yeah Red Robin can be misleading. I just thought of another one- how about Snobin? or Snowbin? for Snow Robin?

@Rezzy Built-in Savage Blow? Or better yet Pain+ effect? :D

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Yeah Red Robin can be misleading. I just thought of another one- how about Snobin? or Snowbin? for Snow Robin?

Yeah, that's what I meant.

For Tharja the first thing that came to mind was Thararmour. A mix of Tharja, paramour, and armor.  A bit of a mouthful though.

For Lissa, I can't help but think Belissa. You know, like Melissa. Which is funny because Melissa apparently means Bee and you are replacing the M with a B. Though it wouldn't sound like bee. But I find that to be a fun coincidence.

For Sackman and Needlebin I don't really have much that sounds good. Unless you think that sounds good, but meh, if you ask me Belissa is the best I got.

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh I see!

I like Snowbin, sounds cute :) and less confusing I guess XD

1 hour ago, Usana said:

For Tharja the first thing that came to mind was Thararmour. A mix of Tharja, paramour, and armor.  A bit of a mouthful though.

For Lissa, I can't help but think Belissa. You know, like Melissa. Which is funny because Melissa apparently means Bee and you are replacing the M with a B. Though it wouldn't sound like bee. But I find that to be a fun coincidence.

For Sackman and Needlebin I don't really have much that sounds good. Unless you think that sounds good, but meh, if you ask me Belissa is the best I got.

Too much of a mouthful for my taste.

I'm not getting the Belissa/Melissa thing.

Sackman and Neddlebin are a bit cute, but not super obvious...

Edited by salinea

• 2 weeks later...

In a similar vein to the brilliant Tharja's Tharknight comes the significantly less brilliant Starknight for the sackman himself because Winter is Chromin'.

Brought to you by Game of Groans.

14 hours ago, Kurrin said:

In a similar vein to the brilliant Tharja's Tharknight comes the significantly less brilliant Starknight for the sackman himself because Winter is Chromin'.

Brought to you by Game of Groans.

Too obscure. Plus Knighthood isn't a North tradition, so doesn't fit a pun from the Stark words. Star Knight sounds like someone from the Dayne family :P

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

For future reference I'm taking these names

Reveal hidden contents

Flyzura, Skyzura, Pegazura.

Taco soup, Soupmi, Taksoup, Pineapple soup.

You guys are quick! Added some of them :)

Edited by salinea

3 hours ago, salinea said:

You guys are quick! Added some of them :)

Maybe spoiler them for now since not technically revealed yet?

as for my suggestions

Spoiler

NY!Corrin as Bowrin, Bowrrin or Borrin 

NY!Camilla as CamNYilla, Hoshidan Camilla, Hoshimilla or Cammono (Camilla and Kimono). Or Kimilla?

Edited by mcsilas

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Maybe spoiler them for now since not technically revealed yet?

as for my suggestions

Reveal hidden contents

NY!Corrin as Bowrin, Bowrrin or Borrin 

NY!Camilla as CamNYilla, Hoshidan Camilla, Hoshimilla or Cammono (Camilla and Kimono). Or Kimilla?

Sure. Added some of those.

8 hours ago, salinea said:

Too obscure. Plus Knighthood isn't a North tradition, so doesn't fit a pun from the Stark words. Star Knight sounds like someone from the Dayne family :P

Fair enough. My mind kind of focused on the quote and went in a more literal direction as opposed to an accurate one.

In the mean time, I pulled Lissa (RIP my chances of getting Chrom before banner's end) and I thought up one: Merry Axe Miss (Merry X-mas). As soon as she was revealed, the whole "Nuns with Axes" things immediately jumped out at me and this is what my lame brain eventually churned out.

As for a latecomer, after finally pulling her from the Legendary Heroes banner, I named Spring Camilla "Thottontail" to distinguish her from my vanilla Camilla.

As for newcomers, something with sings and wings is staring me right in the face for Azura, but I can't quite yet figure out something concrete.

34 minutes ago, Kurrin said:

Fair enough. My mind kind of focused on the quote and went in a more literal direction as opposed to an accurate one.

In the mean time, I pulled Lissa (RIP my chances of getting Chrom before banner's end) and I thought up one: Merry Axe Miss (Merry X-mas). As soon as she was revealed, the whole "Nuns with Axes" things immediately jumped out at me and this is what my lame brain eventually churned out.

That's horrible!! I love it!!

As for a latecomer, after finally pulling her from the Legendary Heroes banner, I named Spring Camilla "Thottontail" to distinguish her from my vanilla Camilla.

Can't approve of anything "Thot" derived. Too misogynist for me.

As for newcomers, something with sings and wings is staring me right in the face for Azura, but I can't quite yet figure out something concrete.

Singing Wings?

31 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I call my Tharja simply Normja ("Normal girl" Tharja). Or even Red Normja, though I am not sure how many people would get joke...

Well she wears the right kind of bikini armor for it!

• 4 weeks later...