Names for Alternate Seasonal Units

salinea

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Le Lyn or Lelyn(or LeLyn if you like capitalizing in the middle) would be my temptation. Since Lelyn looks like a distinct name I prefer Le Lyn. Le can be interpreted as short for Legendary and it is the French article that is equivalent of the. So Legendary Lyn is THE Lyn. This is notable to me because it makes me imagine the sentence of 'The Lyn of Lyns' akin to the phrase 'the king of kings', etc. Which I find amusing since she is the legendary Lyn. The catch of course is that French has feminine and masculine distinctions so it would be La when referring to Lyn since she is female. Still stands on its shortening of Legendary though.

58 minutes ago, Usana said:

Le Lyn or Lelyn(or LeLyn if you like capitalizing in the middle) would be my temptation. Since Lelyn looks like a distinct name I prefer Le Lyn. Le can be interpreted as short for Legendary and it is the French article that is equivalent of the. So Legendary Lyn is THE Lyn.

This is notable to me because it makes me imagine the sentence of 'The Lyn of Lyns' akin to the phrase 'the king of kings', etc. Which I find amusing since she is the legendary Lyn. The catch of course is that French has feminine and masculine distinctions so it would be La when referring to Lyn since she is female. Still stands on its shortening of Legendary though.

Sure, why not.

Well Love Abounds Lyn is La Lyn, I suppose though XD

53 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Leglyn? Although that makes her sound even more fanservicey.

Glyn (or G!Lyn) is probably the shortest way to refer to her though. Or L!Lyn.

I like Wyndis, that's a nice pun

Lawlyn? For Law of Sacae?

Leglyn does sound very fanservice when she isn't anymore than usual XD

I like Lawlyn

52 minutes ago, ShadowAlchemist said:

Lyngendary?

Ooooh I like that!

Edited by salinea

On 4/27/2018 at 8:21 AM, mcsilas said:

Leglyn? Although that makes her sound even more fanservicey.

Glyn (or G!Lyn) is probably the shortest way to refer to her though. Or L!Lyn.

I like Wyndis, that's a nice pun

Lawlyn? For Law of Sacae?

Now I really want to call her G!Lyn since my big sis's name is Gail Lynn.  I think I will swipe this:)

I've seen people headcanon the new Hinoka as coming from post-Conquest, so I've just started calling her Queenoka.

On 02/05/2018 at 10:00 PM, Nanima said:

I've seen people headcanon the new Hinoka as coming from post-Conquest, so I've just started calling her Queenoka.

Why not

20 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

If no one's added it yet, Hinbowka for Kinishi Knight Hinoka.

That sounds awful but ok.

I have been thinking of Hinoka as Archnoka. The Archer relation is obvious. But it also makes me think of Archwizard/Archmage type of deal. She is flying and using a bow at the same time so clearly she is a witch wizard. Further with Arch basically meaning best/supreme and hey! she is the best flying archer in the game *cough cough*.  May not be quite as funny once more flying archers make their appearance, but that could be a while.

On 04/05/2018 at 2:54 PM, Usana said:

I have been thinking of Hinoka as Archnoka. The Archer relation is obvious. But it also makes me think of Archwizard/Archmage type of deal. She is flying and using a bow at the same time so clearly she is a witch wizard. Further with Arch basically meaning best/supreme and hey! she is the best flying archer in the game *cough cough*.  May not be quite as funny once more flying archers make their appearance, but that could be a while.

I'll add it up!

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

-Flyneki

I'll put it as Flynaki.

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Bananaki

Binian

Bharja

Garth

... but why banana?

I think Garth is a bit non intuitive, I like the other two.

1 minute ago, salinea said:

I'll put it as Flynaki.

... but why banana?

I think Garth is a bit non intuitive, I like the other two.

Because we can make it a meme and it sounds good