Times You've Dodged the Desire Sensor (aka Fastest Wanted Focus Pulls)

mcsilas

Do you ever have moments where you want a certain character but the gacha desire sensor knows and you don't get them until forever (or never)?

Well this thread is about times where you beat that damned sensor!

Which units did you want to pull when you saw a banner and summoned them straight away/really quickly?

--------

For me I had a few.

-Brave Lyn in the free CYL unit banner

-5 star Palla free summon in the Minerva and Maria BHB.

-Minerva summon in 2nd account in the same BHB banner.

-Free summon Ninian in the Dragons Voting Gauntlet.

-Saber as first summon in Celica's Army.

-Delthea as first summon in Alm's Army. (not as wanted as the other two but still blessed but still good)

-Hinoka in first summon session in Battling Lloyd. Klein in the session after that.

-Brave Ike in first summon of CYL banner. Another Ike in the next session straight after that.

-Hector in the 2nd green orb in 1st session of the mini-TT banner

-Hector in 3rd summon session of Hero Fest 1 (although was green orb sniping, so getting him under 20 orbs I consider to be fast enough)

-Hinoka on 2nd summon session of the Pegasus Knights banner in the Voting Gauntlet

-Axura in the 2nd summon session of the Performing Arts banner

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few:

Spoiler

-Summoned Ephraim and Eirika in the same session on their initial banner

-Got Ninian in Blazing Shadows within three summon sessions

-Got Spring Lucina in less than 20 orbs

-Got Ephraim as a free summon

-Got +Spd Elincia as a free summon

The ones that come to mind for me are:

• getting Sanaki off my first or second (don't remember which) full pull on the female mage banner
  • getting Delthea from the first blue stone pulled on Alm's Army
  • getting Lucina with my free pull on the CYL Top 8 Block B banner
  • getting Ayra from the second red stone pulled (and only the second stone pulled overall) on her original banner
  • getting ToD!Henry from my first full pull on Trick or Defeat

Got Deirdre on my first paid pull since the free had only one green.

On Alm's Banner, I pulled an Hp+/Atk- Delthea on my first blue. Ended up sacrificing her to Julia for DB3, but I regretted it for a while.

Well, Delthea is here again, yolo'd with six orbs after my first session was Oboro and Cordelia. This time an Atk+/Hp- Delthea. Glad I can focus on Sakura.

Still waiting for a miracle on a free summon.

took only two pulls to get delthia

got H!nowi in about 40 orbs

got both bridelia and B!lyn in the same session

got tiki really fast in the banner that was going on around the same time as bridal blessings very good day that one

managed to get amelia hours after the short haired ladies banner dropped

mist still eludes me.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Innes and Ike (from Hero Fest #2) are units I wanted most from those banners and got from my first full pull session.

That's pretty much it. The desire sensor only seems to affect me when two units share a color. So the game just gives me dupes of the one I already got. Three Summer Xanders before I gave up on Elise. Two Inigos before I gave up on Azura, and two Jakobs before I gave up on Sakura. I've already saved up 60 orbs in the last week, and I intend to wait until we near the end of the month in case they try to hit us with the next seasonal banner. Only then will I decide whether I should keep saving or go back for another round of punishment.

I got Lyn and Lilina as my first two 5★s very soon. I wanted both of them.

I didn’t really want Sanaki from the female mage banner, but I got her soon. She is great.

I didn’t really want Nephenee from the Crimean banner, but I got her soon. She is great.

I sort of wanted Hector from the mini-tempest banner, and I got him soon.

That’s pretty much it.

Free summon of Lyn from the CYL Voting Gauntlet female bracket banner.

3 Amelias in 11 pulls from the current Voting Gauntlet female bracket banner. Never mind the hundreds of pulls with an otherwise normal-looking distribution before that.

I'm sure I can find some more ridiculous pull streaks. Like the absurd number of Eldigans I got off of the Tempest Trials banner.

EDIT: Remembered another one: Pulled an appallingly low number of Brave Lucinas from the CYL banner (2 Lucinas compared to 6 Roy, 6 Ike, and 10 Lyn). First blue pull off of the Crimea banner was Lucina. And I got another not too long afterwards.

Edited by Ice Dragon

I got Minerva and Y!Tiki on the same summon session (both were off banner and with great nature). 

There's also Hinoka who came from a Yolo pull in the spring banner on the very last day. She's +Atk so I consider that a win.

I also got Hector very early on a random session. I should count the second one I got on the Celica's army banner (he was a pity breaker for Sonya whom I didn't get).

I wasn't very hyped for Ike to be honest but anyway I got him on my first 5 orbs on his introduction banner. Same for Bike, I got him pretty soon on the CYL banner (and Lucina too but she's kind of eh to me).

I also got Elincia in my second pull, although her nature is unfortunate.

And last but not least I got PA!Olivia from my free summon. That dancer banner hated me afterwards but I got Olivia without paying a single orb and it felt awesome!

I wanted all of those units although getting them was really unexpected. The trick in beating the desire sensor is to pray for off banner units, then you'll get good pity breakers.

Edited by Alexmender

Free Karel from the last Gauntlet, and I think I nailed Oscar as my Free from his Banner(even though I didn't really want him), and followed up with Elincia, Nephenee, and 5S Maria the next full round I went on the same Banner.

Why did you make me remember my ailure in summoning Innes?

Mmm let's see... In the Bridal banner I snatched Bridelia and Bridelotte in one session, I wasn't looking for anyone in specific, I just wanted one, and I got 2!!

And I got Elincia quicker of what I expected... And... And... I think that's all... I'm actually bad at summoning what I want

I got Soren fairly quickly on his initial banner even with a surprise 5* Fae coming first. I definitely remember that one being particularly satisfying because that had been an otherwise horrible day. Don’t pull all-nighters kids  

Seliph I got on my second or third pull from his first banner. 

Leon showed up in my first summon and then a duplicate with a better nature showed up about a week later. 

Ninian and Julia we’re both mercifuly easy to get from the second Hero Fest. 

I’m sure there have been others but most recently I got a Soren from my free pull on his gauntlet banner which was more than I could have hoped for. 

Free summoned Minerva, Lyn, Sakunyan and Celica. All but Minerva had agreeable natures.

In the category of "Good things you didn't ask for specifically", I got a spare Hector on the LaD banner (trying and failing to get Minerva) and a +Res, -Spd Effie (the perfect nature for the DC build I gave her) while hunting (and failing to get) Lancina. And while I was bummed about Lancina, I got a perfect nature Nephenee on the next banner so all is well that ends well.

Hmm, the only one that instantly comes to mind is Ayra for my free summon on the TT banner.  I've had a couple other free 5* summons, but they were duplicates that I didn't really want (5* Roy and 5* M-Corrin).

Also, I recall making 1 last yolo pull for an additional merge on my B-Ike on the last day of his banner, and I got him (with only the 3% rate).  That was definitely lucky! 

I don't often have great luck.  I rarely get the character I want without spending a lot of orbs (100+).  However, there's been a handful of times when I got the character I wanted within 60ish orbs, which is pretty good.

the only one i really recall is PA!Inigo because i really wanted dancer Inigo to be a thing for ages and was so happy IS fulfilled that wish. it took like 2 pulls to get him, sadly -spd. still happy though. i also got Azura and Shigure from that banner, 's really nice to have so many refreshers for AA

the other time is that i was doing my free summon on some banner that had Lucina on it, and i was like "ok if i get Lucina from this banner on my free pull, then i'll get the free Brave Lucina so i can have a full Lucina team" since i had Masked Marth and Spring!Lucina. and then the free pull was Lucina! she is -spd too though heh. had fun running my full Lucina team as defense while Brave Lucina was a bonus unit, and got a few wins surprisingly. 

Sanaki during the siblings banner, and witch!Nowi on my first nonfree pull for the Halloween one.

The desire sensor was so broken for the first Tellius banner that I got Soren twice in the same round of orbs, and one more the next day. He was the only one of the new characters to show up, but he certainly didn't do it halfway.

I pulled Ninian off banner twice for sure. I think I pulled the third one around the time of the second Hero Fest banner, but I was not sure if I pulled her from the Hero Fest banner or from one of the concurrent banners.

Several times. First was Ephraim on my third blue orb back on his debut banner.

Alm's army banner gave me all 3 focus units within 39 orbs, no pitybreakers. Similar case happened with the seasonal dancer banner, where I got 3 dancers (didn't get Azura) and no pity breaker.

Y!Tiki showed up pretty quickly on the dragon gauntlet banner without M!Corrin interfering.

Minerva was a free roll, and Elincia on the most recent banner was the second orb after my free summon.

Pulled Katarina on the New Mystery banner on the second or third red orb.  During Hero Fest 2 I pulled two Gennys in one session after only using 40 orbs or so.  Also pulled Innes within the first ten orbs on the SS banner.  There might be a few other instances, but those stick out to me.

3 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm not sure that makes sense.

pulled them one after the other, I know that in all likelyhood that shouldn't have happened but even ftp players get really lucky on occasion.

17 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

pulled them one after the other, I know that in all likelyhood that shouldn't have happened but even ftp players get really lucky on occasion.

I think he’s referring to how B!Lyn is the abbreviation used for Brave Lyn rather than Bride Lyn.

I mean, you’re not wrong though.