(Pokedex Spoilers) Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Team Talking

Emerson

Well, it's time once again! The game has been leaked, and it's time to talk some teams!

This thread is for the discussion and sharing of teams. I did this for Sun and Moon as well, so I feel it's only right that I keep it going.

https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/
The planner for Sun and Moon was updated for Ultra Sun and Moon! So... yeah, have at it!

Anyways, why not start off with my own team. Well, most of it.

Decidueye - The only starter I haven't used yet, and surprisingly so, since I planned to use it on my first playthrough of Sun and Moon. Very glad to finally use it.

Zoroark - You know I had to. It's my favorite Pokemon (Well, the evolution of it anyways), and it's available before the first trial! There's absolutely NO way I wouldn't use it!

Lopunny/Furfrou - I haven't decided between the two, but I know I want to use one of the two. Lopunny is a favorite of mine who I've always wanted to use, as is Furfrou.

Mienshao - Assuming it's not extremely late game, that is. Unfortunately, outside of XY, it tends to be so. I love using this thing alongside Zoroark. Same speed stat, typing that works almost perfectly with Illusion (Thank Fairy type, for ruining that), their combined coverage is pretty great, and they both have U-Turn! That's a perfect combo right there!

A few options I'm looking at for the rest are Mantine, Tentacruel, Tsareena, Lurantis, Mudsdale,  and Turtonator.

Decidueye, Lilligant, Leafeon, Lurantis, Tsareena, Alola Exeggutor.

My team from Moon. Of course I might switch Alola Exeggutor for something else.

1 hour ago, Emeraldfox said:

Decidueye, Lilligant, Leafeon, Lurantis, Tsareena, Alola Exeggutor.

My team from Moon. Of course I might switch Alola Exeggutor for something else.

Someone likes monotyping.

I think I’ll go with Primarina, Magnezone, Tsareena, Goodra and the last two I’m deciding. I was going to add Houndoom, but apparently it’s a late game pokemon, so I think pick another Fire type. Does anyone if the think with Alolan Marowak only learning Shadow Bone through Move Reminders was fixed?

My starter is gonna be Decidueye, 'cause I was debating between Rowlet and Litten during Moon and ultimately went with Litten.  Salazzle is a Pokemon I like, but didn't use at all in Moon (because I had Incineroar) so I'm going with Salazzle.  Mimikyu is another Pokemon I like, but didn't use.  Palossand looks like a fun Pokemon to use.  Dusk Lycanroc to see how it differs from the other Lycanrocs.  And Golisopod, again, because I just love the thing so much.  I may or may not be switching Lycanroc out for Noivern though since I haven't used Noivern for a playthrough before and I really like it.
I have a lot of ghost-types on this team..

Except for my starter, I want to go with a totally different team this time than I had in Sun. So far I'm thinking:

Primarina
Lopunny
Leafeon
Houndoom

I dunno who the final two will be yet. I might decide to use Mudsdale again because of my horse bias tho. XD

For me, I'll be using 5 Pokémon I never used in Moon and my starter from it.

Decidueye, Salazzle, Mega Gyarados (when possible), Totem Kommo-o, Dusk Lycanroc and Solgaleo.

I even plan on making sure that Solgaleo isn't the story one by sending over a Cosmog at the beginning of the game.

Edited by Light Strategist

I'll be using a team of Decideye, Arcanine, Gyarados, Salamence, Mudsdale, and Metagross. The best part is that I will have 4 out of 6 of the members during the first island. Well, I will use this team once I get the game.

I hadn't quite settled fully on a team, but catching a Noibat on a whim and getting a Modest one swayed me. The team seems like it'll end up being:

Decidueye, Houndoom, Vikavolt, Gardevoir, Swampert, and Noivern

Are Porygon, Sneasel, and Glaceon post-game/near endgame? I'd like to use two out of three of these but not if they come right before/after the elite four.

As for my team, it's Primarina, Hawlucha, Alakazam, and Gengar. Might add in random stuff if the above 3 are lategame.

2 hours ago, Reloaded said:

Are Porygon, Sneasel, and Glaceon post-game/near endgame? I'd like to use two out of three of these but not if they come right before/after the elite four.

Sneasel and Glaceon are unfortunately very near endgame, unless something has changed since Sun and Moon (Which I doubt it has), but Porygon is available around the beginning of Island 3, although I'm not too sure where the Up-Grade and Dubious Disc are located.

Final in-game team is slated to be:

Primarina

Alolan-Marowak

Alakazam

Magnezone

Mudsdale

Hawlucha

I use a different team for post-game and second E4 and that's yet to be determined.