Another FEH channel on the 14th: Post Talk

Jingle Jangle

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

It's gonna be a crazy banner for basically anything. Want DC fodder or Wrathful Staff fodder? Even if you don't get them you might get a great past-limited unit, CYL Lyn or other nice options. Only blue seems bad here since you might get Spring Xander (who's both weak and one of the least liked seasonals) while trying for a non-neutral Fjorn. 

I'm probably the only person crazy enough to want multiple copies of Xander.  One because I think he's amusing, and more so I can donate his lance to other people.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anacybele said:

But literally the only thing these two have in common is ice? I guess Flora and Felicia are Elsas too then. :/

Not true, Fjorm and Elsa have the same hair and eye color so they must exactly the same.

To be real though, when I first saw Fjorm's silhouette, I thought she was Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2...

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

They weren't on the list, so we should probably assume they can't be.  But we won't know for certain until the update actually drops.

The Askr weapons not being on the list of upgradable weapons is sort of odd though.

That sucks. It isn't fair to characters that have brave weapons at base. And I spent 20,000 feathers to give Frederick a brave axe+, now it's going to be outclassed and not as useful anymore?

I also agree with your second point, you'd think they'd want to make the Askr trio more viable with this.

Just now, Alkaid said:

It's gonna be a crazy banner for basically anything. Want DC fodder or Wrathful Staff fodder? Even if you don't get them you might get a great past-limited unit, CYL Lyn or other nice options. Only blue seems bad here since you might get Spring Xander (who's both weak and one of the least liked seasonals) while trying for a non-neutral Fjorn. 

Yeah, blue seems like the big loser here since neither of the seasonals are particularly exciting and everyone will get Fjorn for free. Green is really sweet, though, while colorless has the top archers and red is limited to infantry but has the best red infantry.

Total of four seasonal units here: half the spring banner and half the bride banner. I guess we'll probably get a rerun of half the two summer banners in a couple of months, including s!Corrin since they've been including the really big hits out of them.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'm probably the only person crazy enough to want multiple copies of Xander.  One because I think he's amusing, and more so I can donate his lance to other people.

I'm glad you'd give him some more love. He deserves it for being stuck in that getup. 

I can already see all the angry posts at him pity breaking Fjorn. 

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

The list they showed of legendary weapons that can be refined only had weapons available on 5* exclusive units, so that might be why they left out Eirika. TThey don't seem to have the same restriction on evolving weapons since Durandal, Excalibur and Tyrfing can all be upgraded to their shinier version despite being on 3* and 4* characters.

I see. I hope they buff it one day then, it's only fair considering they're twins. After all this opens a huge can of worms for IS to try and balance every weapon/unit now.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

U takez that backs. Dorcas is faithful man that would save his wife by killing his wife!

He's a good dude but come on. He isn't good looking in his FE7 portrait.

Maybe some people whose sexual orientation is attracted to men can help clarify? As a straight male, I might not have the most qualified opinion.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But literally the only thing these two have in common is ice? I guess Flora and Felicia are Elsas too then. :/

I'd like Celica from that legendary heroes event...and I wouldn't mind more Ikes to merge with either. But I don't really care to get Ayra. This is tough...

That plus the blue outfit, the blond hair, the title of ice princess and Feh's "The cold didn't bother me" joke likely prompted that comment, which, as one who likes Fjorm, I found funny.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That sucks. It isn't fair to characters that have brave weapons at base. And I spent 20,000 feathers to give Frederick a brave axe+, now it's going to be outclassed and not as useful anymore?

I also agree with your second point, you'd think they'd want to make the Askr trio more viable with this.

It's because brave weapons were already the best. All this does is help the others catch up.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

To be real though, when I first saw Fjorm's silhouette, I thought she was Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2...

I would've actually liked that. Give some nice cross-promotion for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 though they already did that with Breath of the Wild.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Maybe some people whose sexual orientation is attracted to men can help clarify? As a straight male, I might not have the most qualified opinion.

He's a LOT better-looking in his Heroes art.  His FE7 portrait made him seem rather boring.  The Heroes art makes his hair stand out more, among other things!

The 12 character focus banner is what I'll continue to save for. I own only three of those characters.

But there's something weird about it. In the first shot of that banner, normal Ike is part of it. But in the final shot, Brave Ike is in the banner. Which one is it?

Edited by Glennstavos

1 minute ago, Othin said:

It's because brave weapons were already the best. All this does is help the others catch up.

This is going to make other weapons better now though. Brave weapons are going to become the worst and people who spent a lot of feathers to give them to certain characters will have wasted their resources.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

That plus the blue outfit, the blond hair, the title of ice princess and Feh's "The cold didn't bother me" joke likely prompted that comment, which, as one who likes Fjorm, I found funny.

The outfit and hair don't look anything like Elsa's though. The colors are a minor similarity, imo.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Seconded, brave weapons seem pretty strong nowadays since the speed loss doesn't really prevent double attacks since that's built in.

Just now, eclipse said:

He's a LOT better-looking in his Heroes art.  His FE7 portrait made him seem rather boring.  The Heroes art makes his hair stand out more, among other things!

Ok that's what I thought!

I always kinda pictured him as having elephantitis and having a very low IQ in FE7...

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The list they showed of legendary weapons that can be refined only had weapons available on 5* exclusive units, so that might be why they left out Eirika.

I'm gonna hold you to this, just so you know. glares

I was expecting the Siegmund buff to add Hone Atk 3, but Ephraim instead got something for himself. I like that.

Also, I had a look at the datamined skills for the CYL Heroes and it looks like we're in for some fun movesets. I won't elaborate for the sake of spoilers, but I can't wait for the daily refresh!!

This is going to make other weapons better now though. Brave weapons are going to become the worst and people who spent a lot of feathers to give them to certain characters will have wasted their resources.

The outfit and hair don't look anything like Elsa's though. The colors are a minor similarity, imo.

Still similar enough to make a small meme about. :P

When I first saw Fjorn's silhouette, I was actually thinking it was a human version of Feh, because Feh seemed to be really interested in her, and Fjorn looked like she was wearing something that looked like a wing of a bird. But, I mean, I like this ice princess a lot more.

Too bad she's a blue unit. I have enough of them already... not that I'm really complaining.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, they're both princesses that appear to rule over an ice castle as well, so the resemblance isn't too far fetched, just, slightly far fetched.

Brave weapons are still going to be super good, right now people run them over legendary weapons sometimes as is. No amount of buffs to other weapon types will let them do what Braves do, you have no reason to worry.

4 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

What I can say? He's good looking dude who looks reliable. That & he also looks eon better than his GBA potrait.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Brave weapons don't really need the upgrade though, and just the addition of stats to other inheritable weapons doesn't make them superior to Braves.  A Brave Weapon still doubles your damage, while at least from what we've seen inheritable weapons only get stat boosts (which won't come close to increasing output as much as a Brave usually will).  It remains to be seen whether this will affect Arena score, but in terms of PVE content, and generally in Arena (ignoring score), Braves won't be anywhere close to outclassed.

The only weapons that appear to be able to get new skills are all PRFs, since they showcased that using Seigmund.