Another FEH channel on the 14th: Post Talk

Jingle Jangle

I'm just going to say this. The 8% focus unit banner should have 4 of each type (with Fake-Elsa Fjorm), but the Stream contradicted its self.

At https://youtu.be/RGFbiZ9Rl3g?t=12m38s  it shows Regular Ike: SYjDeKS.jpg

But at https://youtu.be/RGFbiZ9Rl3g?t=16m35s it shows Brave Ike: y744mdt.jpg

Just something weird. Regular Sword Ike should be one of the Focus units to give 3 of each type.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to downplay some of the nice things presented in that Feh channel, but another 3-unit banner bugs me again. Considering they will be the 40% units on the next TT, this might actually be good to not have them on their own again as the optimal choice. However, we will never be done with all the characters at this pace. Also, Dorcas is Hector, but without movement restriction? Infantry Pulse will be hard to get, so I'm not gonna bother.

New story left me confused, as I was not convinced we reached a conclusion to the current story, but ok, whatever..., not like the story is that important in Heroes.

Upgrading weapons/staves is interesting, but leaves me worried (as always with balance) about future Arena. I'll wait and see.

No new modes is a bummer, as is no redo of the rarity pools.

The legendary banner will be decent to try out for me. I miss most of them, though I'll totally avoid pulling blue, lol.

Overall, any update is needed right now for me. It was getting a bit stale, but unfortunately, I did not see enough fresh ideas to hype me up too much. Another TT, probably followed by another Gauntlet, continuing the same cycle.... eh *shrugs*

I just finished watching Feh Channel and I must say I was really impressed by it. Staff buffs, expanded barracks, weapon forge finally implanted.

Killing weapons can finally be slaying weapons, weapons like Fujin Yumi and the Naga tome can be upgraded so Julia isn't outdone by Deirdre and Takumi might become more relevant again. Though I am concerned with how difficult it might be to gather the materials needed to do these upgrades not to mention nothing new for the Askr trio or their weapons.

Not really interested in any of the characters on the Farfetched heroes banner so I will gladly save my orbs for the Legendary Heroes event and get another chance for seasonal characters like Bride Cordelia since I never bothered with the bridal banner, more Hectors for merges and skill fodder, and I wouldn't mind more Celicas for merging.

I loved what I saw and can't wait to see more. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the news (despite not having played for some time due to both priorities, having to start over and losing my old phone that had said data). Though not to rain on the hype, there was one thing that bothered me upon realization after seeing book two.

The cinematic looks hype as hell, but one pervasive trend that I often see in media (particularly in video games and animated shows) is this apparent thing where dark skin = villain. Not to say that  ALL of them are as there are some notable exceptions, but there's a large majority of this in the minority, and after seeing it many times, becomes annoying that most of the time, the only time you see a dark skin character that actually looks and/or is interesting, with actual importance (basically, the characters you're "supposed" to like) that DOESN'T rely on stereotypes.... is as a villain. Kingdom Hearts has Xehanort. Zelda has Ganondorf and Demise.  FE is no exception to this with Gharnef, Medeus, Nuibaba, Duma (its harder to make out exactly, but his portrait makes him look noticeably darker than his sister Mila) Gangrel, Aversa, Validar, Garon (that neither of their children seem to inherit at all) and then Bruno. Don't even get me started on bandits/pirates

That Heroes is apparently going that route with this fire kingdom is just... distasteful. 

But hey, on the bright side, with the chance to upgrade weaponry, now folks that I like who arent the best unit wise may actually have a chance. "If you do not fear Michalis now..... you will soon"

Edited by Motendra
I remembered some more

Oh by the way, I forgot to mentioned that it's good to see the generic Wyvern Riders enemies are in Book II since the Emblian Empire didn't have a single generic Wyvern Rider fought in their army at Book I nor the Tempest Trial and Grand Hero Battle. But, I kinda wondered why we haven't seen any new male enemy bosses like Commanders besides Surtr and Bruno, I did seen those two new bosses fighting Alfonse and Sharena were both females. Also, I wondered if Bruno was not shown in the Book II movie, but Veronica is there since I don't know if Bruno must have been recovering his status, still searching for his answer, or probably gotten killed by one of those new villains?

Edited by King Marth 64

I wonder if they're going to allow us to switch between the type of buff on the weapon after it's upgraded. Certain situations might call for one stat over another so it'd be nice to be able to switch between the stat/skill buffs that come with the new weapon refinery. 

Too busy watching the Japanese video while half asleep to read post, so some stuff might be repeats, but things I've noticed:

• They kept the old misspelled name for Audhumla. Great.
  • New effect for no damage. It pings more.
  • Siegmund's unique upgrade effect is an automatic follow-up attack when initiating at 90% or higher HP.
  • I'm hoping to be able to swap between refine branches for free. It would be annoying to have to upgrade each one individually because fuck limited resources.
  • Fjorm is best new girl. Forget Sharena; she should come be friends with Ninian. She had also better stay in the summoning pool.
    • Leiptr, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def? Bond, Shield Pulse, Drive Atk, by the looks of it.
    • She looks to have a moderately tanky stat spread.
    • Also some funky icons next to her face in the ribbon.
    • Ice Mirror looks like it adds the damage that would have been done to her to the next attack. Also, Leiptr has Distant Counter.
  • I wonder if this means we might finally get Bruno (but not Veronica).
  • Enemy Dragon Knights!
  • Can we please get actual magic weapons already?
  • I really don't like English Feh's voice. It sounds like someone pretending to be a snotty high schooler.

Also, 100 more barracks space is not nearly enough.

EDIT:

• Four-charge Astra doesn't help the skill at all. Now it competes on even terms with Dragon Fang, Ignis, and Glacies, but it still has the exact same problem as (old) Glimmer.
  • The one faster charge on the Sol line is nice, though. It'll make AI-controlled vanilla Faye even more of a headache to deal with, though.
  • The one faster charge on the AoE specials is still rather meh. I still don't see them being too viable in short maps like the Arena since they only activate on initiation.

EDIT2:

• Glimmer at 2 charge makes it a better option than Moonbow for Litrblade.
  • Wo Dao variants and Wrath users probably still want Moonbow for more consistent damage.

EDIT3:

• Where did Veronica get that Lyn plushie from? I want a Lyn plushie.
Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  • Also some funky icons next to her face in the ribbon.

I noticed this too, I wonder if it's to imply that a unit is under the effect of spurs or something like that, since there's a Speed icon in there.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

I noticed this too, I wonder if it's to imply that a unit is under the effect of spurs or something like that, since there's a Speed icon in there.

It wouldn't be Spur, though, since she moved 2 squares and still had the icons up there.

Well that was some great news although mildly disappointing that the yellow orb wasn’t a summoning orb for beast units.

Aside from seasonal units reappearing, the stuff that impressed me the most were the staff buffs and weapon forging. Was hoping that staff units would just deal damage regularly but the buffs make up for it I feel.

W̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶F̶r̶o̶z̶e̶n̶ Did Fjorm just leap 5 ft in the air to attack an enemy? Didn’t think new animations would’ve been added into the game

3 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Well that was some great news although mildly disappointing that the yellow orb wasn’t a summoning orb for beast units.

Yellow orbs have been in Feh Channel since the beginning.

Did Fjorm just leap 5 ft in the air to attack an enemy? Didn’t think new animations would’ve been added into the game

Lance infantry all do that for certain special skill activations, and she had Ice Mirror's effect active for that attack (which is probably what the afterimages were for).

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yellow orbs have been in Feh Channel since the beginning.

Lance infantry all do that for certain special skill activations, and she had Ice Mirror's effect active for that attack (which is probably what the afterimages were for).

Wow :facepalm:  I guess I just forgot about it/never noticed

On another note, the summoner was fighting with Veronica in the cutscene so possible that summoner will be usable as a unit in the future?

On another note, the summoner was fighting with Veronica in the cutscene so possible that summoner will be usable as a unit in the future?

I wouldn't count on it. Kiran was probably just stuffing more orbs into his gun to drop a dragon on her or something.

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

I don't think Ice Mirror negates damage. People are forgetting that she has Shield Pulse which reduces damage by 5.

True. Ice Mirror could be physical AND ranged attack reduction. Like Aegis and Pavise combined. That would be pretty neat.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

EDIT2:

• Glimmer at 2 charge makes it a better option than Moonbow for Litrblade.
  • Wo Dao variants and Wrath users probably still want Moonbow for more consistent damage.

Consistent damage is for people who don't run Noontime for Wo Dao Wrath builds!

: D

(If you need extra damage on top of +20 your stat spread is 50 kinds of horrible, especially since you're either an infantry or an armor unit.)

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not everyone has the resources to put both a Wo Dao variant and Wrath on a single unit.

Wo Dao's fairly common at this point, isn't it? (Athena's even 4*).

So Wrath is the only real issue and I doubt they'd keep it Neph only for long. (Helps that Wrath being so limited means there's not many good places you can use it at the moment anyway, so you might as well meme-build with it.)

I guess I like the new content overall. The barracks upgrade is very nice even though I would have preferred to get the space in orbs to decide myself if I want more space for units or more units in general.

I'm also happy about the new free Askr unit just for the sake of her probably being blue and a replacement Sharena. Hopefully she's got a decent voice actress.

Weapon refinery feels like a mixed bag. So we can only upgrade a weapon once it is a +Version, right? So no upgrade from Ruby Sword to Ruby Sword+ for example. That would have been great. Also I feel like there are way too many currencies now with all the different things to collect. But if it's a way to make some units viable and encourages creative builds, that's fine enough.

The healer and special buffs are also quite nice. Is it time to inherit Glimmer to Nino now?