Which version is better?

KusanagiShiro

Switch version can show more enemy AI at a time than 3DS, in addition to HD as far as differences go. Not to say that 3DS is bad by any means since it runs better than its predecessor, Hyrule Warriors Legends, but generally, console trumps portable, simply for being more powerful. Doubly so, when you have a console that is also portable at the same time, which is why I spent the extra 100 for it, instead of a New3DS.

The better question is, which version do you WANT, and do you already have a NEW 3DS? 

Edited by Motendra

I am playing it on the New 3DS and it's playing there just fine. I've not tried it on the Switch, but it will likely play better on there since things always get lost when bringing things to portable small screen (although the Switch also has a portable small screen so not sure how that works).

I think the main factors should be which consoles you already own (if both, go for the Switch version, since then you have option for both portable and not). If you don't have either console, see which other games you want on those consoles and go for the one with the best catalogue ^.^