Pokémon Generations - something for Fire Emblem?

Thane

It's a nice idea, but at this point I have no doubt we would only get random "comedic" shorts featuring Awakening and Fates with the odd sentimental one thrown in, and maybe one or two about Marth. 

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Arvis may also benifit from such scenes. His redeeming quality is that he honestly loves the people he loves so depicting scenes with Azelle, Deirdre and his kids would help his character a good deal. 

Perhaps some kind of work depicting what goes on in Arvis' head about the time of Belhalla, during the Lopt ascendancy, and when Seliph kills him then?

11 hours ago, Book Bro said:

It's a nice idea, but at this point I have no doubt we would only get random "comedic" shorts featuring Awakening and Fates with the odd sentimental one thrown in, and maybe one or two about Marth. 

You know, it really is sad when we expect Pokémon to have more competently told and more serious stories than Fire Emblem. I mean Sun & Moon's story had a better plot and characterization than your average Fire Emblem game, too. 

Edited by Thane

7 hours ago, Thane said:

You know, it really is sad when we expect Pokémon to have more competently told and more serious stories than Fire Emblem. I mean Sun & Moon's story had a better plot and characterization than your average Fire Emblem game, too. 

Sun and Moon had a better story than any FE game full stop. So, for that matter, did Black and White. I guess it might be because FE's genre lends itself too easily to taking itself too seriously.

34 minutes ago, blah the Prussian said:

Sun and Moon had a better story than any FE game full stop. So, for that matter, did Black and White. I guess it might be because FE's genre lends itself too easily to taking itself too seriously.

I'd say what holds Fire Emblem back in general is its conservatism. I rarely feel like a Fire Emblem game is treading new ground outside of the Tellius games; IS generally plays it safe with premises, themes, villains and for the most part playable characters. When you compare this to, since we're talking about them already, Black & White and Sun & Moon, the supposedly more mature series feels rather childish.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh, I just forgot about to add something for the Awakening arc. I do like to see the scene sometime in Lucina's childhood after Chrom died in her timeline and see how Lissa becomes the Exalt during in Lucina's timeline. I do remembered that Lissa is the only surviving sibiling after Emmeryn and Chrom died in Lucina's timeline before Grima destroyed Lucina's timeline and gets killed by archers since Owain's support with his father mentioned that his own parents from his timeline did get killed by archers. I do remembered that Owain did called Lucina as a future queen of Ylisse in his support with Lucina since I believe Lissa could have possibly been a queen back then before the destruction happened.

Edited by King Marth 64