Pokémon Generations - something for Fire Emblem?

Thane

Hello chaps.

Some time ago, Pokémon's YouTube channel uploaded 18 short animated episodes featuring key scenes from the games that were either not seen or had only been alluded to. I don't believe they were ever much longer than five minutes, and they filled in a few gaps very nicely.

This could be a perfect way to test the waters of a Fire Emblem anime. Fire Emblem has a lot of key scenes that would make for excellent shorts. Rather than having to focus on a huge cast of characters on an epic journey to slay a dragon, something that would be quite costly to produce, they could focus on character development and things that happened behind the scenes. 

For example, the shorts could be about...

• Reyson fleeing to Phoenicis with his father

• The Laguz Alliance declaring war on Begnion

• Dheginsea making the covenant with Ashera

• The dragon kids saying goodbye to Nergal

• Lyon, Ephraim and Eirika sparring together (not a singular key scene but seeing their friendship would be swell)

• Virion fleeing Rosanne

• Lucina heading to the past (I believe there's a drama CD for this, but I'd like to actually see it)

• Garon dying and being replaced by that goo monster

And so on.

Do you think something like this would be possible? What scenes would you like to see in this format?

Edited by Thane

The Isaach Civil War prior to FE4 that started with Rivough invading Grannvale.

I believe that the implication is that this is the Lopto Cult's doing, and kind of the first thing they did to kick off the massive war that devastated Jugdral and allowed them to take control. But we never really get much on it.

This seems like it might be too big for a 3-5 minute short, though.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I don't think they'd do anything but give us FE1/3/11/12 and 13, 14 stuff if they did this

Maybe. However, Pokémon is obsessed with fan service for the first generation, yet it received three episodes, same as the other five generations featured. I'd prefer Intelligent Systems doing something similar.

Edited by Thane

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

I don't think they'd do anything but give us FE1/3/11/12 and 13, 14 stuff if they did this

Whoa there, who said KT would be in charge of it? XD

I want a Zephiel focused episode. The night he's saved by the FE7 lords to the moment Roy's army is breaking down the gates. Also Narcian has to appear briefly in one scene, since I wouldn't expect he would get an episode despite my constant protesting.

I've been rooting for this idea for a while now.

I'd say about 3 episodes per continent soooo...exception for Elibe perhaps?

Archanea: An assassination attempt on Marth, Camus and Nyna's first meeting, Xane throwing away his dragonstone.

Valentia: Leon, Valbar and Kamui meeting, the Ram Kids' childhood, Rudolf and Mycen in their youth.

Jugdral: Idk, haven't played.

Eliwood's Elibe: Hector and Eliwood with Roy and Lilina, Ninian and Nils with Nergal or Elbert during their captivity, Raven and Priscilla in their youth.

Roy's Elibe: Anything with Roy. Maybe him and Lilina in their studies?

Magvel: Joshua after running away, idk Magvel doesn't interest me too much.

Tellius: The Serenes Massacre, the recruitment of the GMs, Gatrie with his tree-in-a-skirt.

Ylisse: Robin and his mother, Chrom's father, Virion and Cherche in Rosanne.

Fateslandia: The Concubine Wars, Arete and Mikoto in Valla, Saizo and Kaze.

Id personally like to see the breaking point for zephiel, where he killed his father from all the assassination attempts. It would be real nice to see some murder happening.

3 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

only if we get Spike Spencer to voice Marth again

That's definitely unlikely since ADV Films was the one dubbed the OVA since Nintendo probably didn't know about it and the localization for the Archanea games didn't existed back then in when the OVA got dubbed.

Also, for the Pokemon Generation short similarity for the Fire Emblem:

Archanea:

• A scene where Elice gets kidnapped after Marth escapes.
  • A scene where Frey gotten injured alive from Gra after Marth escaped in the Prologue.
  • I like to see how Norne didn't join Marth if no one died and Frey act as a Decoy.
  • How Medeus gets revived by Gharnef and how Gharnef became evil.

Valentia:

• I really would like to see how Rudolf didn't save his own nephew Berkut from Duma while he did gave his own son to Mycen inorder to not get Alm involved by the hands of the Duma Faithful.
  • A scene where Mycen first took Celica to the Ram Village and Alm first meets Celica.
  • A scene where Sonya abandoned and runs away from her family after her two sisters lost their souls to Duma.
  • I like to see how Est gets captured and her two sisters get reacted to Est's capture in Archanea and transported to Valentia in the hands of Grieth.

Judgral:

• Showing Sigurd first meet Arvis.
  • Showing how Deirdre was kept hidden.

Elibe:

• A scene where Roy and his mother have moments together.
  • A scene where Hector gets to see how Lilina got born and to see his reaction.
  • A scene where Nergal and his two children gotten separated.

Margvel:

• A scene where Eirika, Emphriam, and Lyon became friends.
  • A scene where Lyon's father died and Lyon wanted to see him resurrected.
  • A scene where Lyon accidentally gotten his body taken over by the Demon King.

Tellius:

• A scene where Ike wakes up after he lost his memory of his mother's death.
  • A scene where Greil used to be in the Daein Army before he left along with his wife.
  • A scene that Soren gotten separated from his parents. And how Pelleas was involved as a false Daein Prince.

Ylisse:

• I like to see how Archanea became Ylisse.
  • A scene of Chrom's father and his battle in Plegia.
  • A scene where baby Lucina and her friends gotten take care of while Chrom died in Lucina's timeline.

Fates:

• I like to see how Mikota and baby Corrin escaped from Vallite.
  • A scene where Corrin first meets his Nohrian siblings.
  • A scene where the Hoshido siblings first meets Azura.
  • A scene where Shura kidnaps Azura.

I guess I'll go through episodes that I think would be good from the games I've played 

- Sacred Stones: ditto friendship moment scene; maybe something about Carcino or Caer Payl (Saleh's village) domestic politics.  

- Awakening: what the Shepards and Lucina were doing during the 2 year timeskip. Some way of tying in Grima's backstory.

- Fates: 1 episode each on Nohr Hoshido and Valla. Maybe showing Anankos' decimation of Valla?

SoV: Interaction between Alm Celica and Marth. Showing cross army interactions during the final battle.

4 hours ago, Thane said:

Dheginsea making the covenant with Ashera

We do have the Sephiran memory scene of the covenant, but only Altina and Lehran talk there. Dheginsea and Soan (who really gets the short stick of the 4 legends) are there but don't talk for some reason.

Knowing what happened to Soan would on that note be a good idea. It doesn't appear Dheg or Lehran knows he sired a Branded for some reason. Stefan doesn't even get Tower boss convos when Jill somehow does.

4 hours ago, Slumber said:

The Isaach Civil War prior to FE4 that started with Rivough invading Grannvale.

I believe that the implication is that this is the Lopto Cult's doing, and kind of the first thing they did to kick off the massive war that devastated Jugdral and allowed them to take control. But we never really get much on it.

This seems like it might be too big for a 3-5 minute short, though.

They could do this in a half hour. Or just make it FE4 Remake DLC with fixed units. I'd like the Issach Campaign itself to be done like this- get some time in for Byron, Kurth, and Mariccle.

Also, a good day in the life of the Arvis and his happy wife and children as the imperial family of the world- before Julius goes evil.

5 hours ago, Thane said:
  • The dragon kids saying goodbye to Nergal

•  

I want them to fill in the gap in our understanding of Nergal. When he left his kids at the Dragon's Gate to get his wife Aenir. We see her die, Nergal's grief thereafter, and the beginnings of his life thereafter leading to his meeting with Athos.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, if it only lasted two episodes, obviously it was.

I have no idea what an OVA means, but that show definitely seemed like a pilot that just wasn't good enough to get picked up for a series. 

We could have had a squeaky, annoying voice playing Tiki. We could have had Prince Mars avoiding Shiida's advances for a whole season. We could have had a filler, side story episode about Gordon getting lost and saving a maiden from bandits. That could have been real.

Archanea: Marth's speech when he retakes Altea in FE1/11.

Jugdral: Wouldn't mind a little Sigurd/Deirdre slice-of-life.  They fell in love, but the game does a terrible job explaining what they saw in each other.

Elibe: Zephiel vs. Hector

Magvel: Whatever the hell Ephraim and Co. were doing between Chapters 6 and 8.

Tellius: The epic of the 3-13 archer.

Ylisse: Robin's mom fleeing with Robin.

Fates: The Party in Izumo (Conquest).

I wouldn't be opposed to this, but my rule would by no lords. They get enough screentime as is, so leave the shorts for other characters. 

Here are a couple ideas I brainstormed. 

1) Anri vs. Medeus

The battle that started it all, show Anri using the Falchion to end Medeus's reign of terror. Perhaps the opening could even show how Anri and Artemis met. 

2) Battle of the Menedy River 

Detail the battle between King Cornelius and Camus, which led to the defeat of the Altean army. 

3) Child Hunts

Focus on two children hiding from the Loptyr cult so that we can see the terror from their point of view. 

Some ideas for Tellius:

Zelgius meeting Sephiran, Ashnard's early service with the Daein army, Apostle Misaha, the day Crimea fell to Ashnard, Micaiah being taken to Daein after Misaha's death(probably in the same episode dealing with Misaha).

22 hours ago, Thane said:

Dheginsea making the covenant with Ashera

I think that one is already in the game and its even fully voiced. One of Lehran's flashbacks shows him and the others giving their vows to Ashera. 

6 hours ago, blah the Prussian said:

Zelgius meeting Sephiran

That one is also present in the flashbacks. 

As for scenes. I think we really, really need to have some scene with the real Garon so a flashback with him would be welcome.

Arvis may also benifit from such scenes. His redeeming quality is that he honestly loves the people he loves so depicting scenes with Azelle, Deirdre and his kids would help his character a good deal.