Community Based Functions!

What do y'all want to see? Any new ideas, or would you rather something old returns? I haven't dabbled in much of the recent games when it came to local or WiFi play, so I can't speak for much. Best thing I can think of is maybe a snapshot mode similar to what was in SMO. Some dynamic FE shots would be beautiful.

As for older features, maybe the gossip system from Echoes, the Double Duel from Awakening, and the Link Arena from the GBA days? That could be quite fun to do with friends.

I would like to see some sort of level creator à la Mario Maker but that might be better saved for a game on its own. The return of Link Arena would be cool because I would like to be able to finally go up against other player controlled characters.

I would love if they were able to refine the community stuff from my castle, I thought it was fun, flawed but fun, and I feel like it could be fun to have map creator which my castle was close to being, with rewards for beating them.

I don't care much for recruitable avatars, then again, if the avatars weren't just the same avatar with different hair or eyes and little variation, I would actually care if they are made more customizable otherwise, I don't care. I love how you have more options for changing where corrin is from than options for his face.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Frankly, I don't want anything added that would make the singleplayer into a less whole experience without it or, even worse, is either way too hard without using it and way too easy using it.

For a specific example, I think they did the base resources (food and gems) poorly in Fates. They should've made it so that you got, like, three times the food and gems, and you could then trade your supplies with either randomly generated merchants who want and offer randomly generated things (though with a 50% chance they want the thing your base produces) or a limited number of people online per battle you complete. That way it's still a finite resource management system, but you actually have a reasonable amount to work with rather than being forced to choose between "way too little" and "infinite".

I have a handful of ideas that I think would just make the game more enjoyable on the whole. Do note that these would all be postgame content accessible only after clearing the game once through.

• Built-in randomizer. Hacking is clearly discouraged, and a built-in randomizer would remove a lot of incentive to hack the game. Besides randomizing stats, it could also be used simply to edit characters stats items, recruitment, etc., making it simpler to do something such as solo the game with a unit or to use only a specific class. Game files edited with this tool would not have access to potential multiplayer content.
  • A mode that gives you a team of generic units to fight another team of generic units on any map. The most enjoyable part of the, games in my opinion, is that your units will always turn out differently than they did last time. I'd like to take this even further with a mode that forces you to make do and partake in battles with a team of random units.
  • Alternate stories, in the same vein as Hector mode. Supposing our protagonist has a close friend, it'd be fun to have a mode that shifts the focus to said friend. It could help flesh them out further, and they could potentially serve to narrate the protagonist's story as Watson does for Holmes.
  • Continuing on with our alternate story theme, a story focusing on a major villain, perhaps even a story focused on this game's Camus, would be undoubtedly interesting.They wouldn't need to write a 'bad timeline', but simply tell the story on the enemy side. It would make them seem more real, like more than just the enemy.

I want the game to still be playable in 15 years when the servers are down. my main issue with how foreging works in fates is that geting aditional types of raw materails is really hard is you don't have internet access. A good example of a multiplayer feature that is fun, but not required to play the game well is dragon quest 9's ability to have other players in your party. It's nice, but you can use generics (who are just as good, but not multiplayer) if you don't have internet, or the servers are down (which they are now, because dq9 was a 3ds game). On the other hand, lots of the postgame was free dlc, and is not accessable anymore.