That was a nice touch

DisobeyedCargo

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Indeed. I know Robin and Cordelia have one (I think Robin has at least one with all the Awakening cast), but I'm not sure what the A rank one may be. Or multiple given that it gives Robin and Lucina at least three counting both vanguards.

I didn't notice Robin and Lucina's dialogue changing for Robin as the Vanguard (still only got "Shall we work together?" "I like that idea!"), but I haven't used them together since that map so I might need to do more testing.

My Marth also happens to have A-Rank with EVERY character now (for obvious reasons), so I might be able to do some of that too.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

I didn't notice Robin and Lucina's dialogue changing for Robin as the Vanguard (still only got "Shall we work together?" "I like that idea!"), but I haven't used them together since that map so I might need to do more testing.

My Marth also happens to have A-Rank with EVERY character now (for obvious reasons), so I might be able to do some of that too.

Something about their bonds spanning time itself with Robin shouting "We can't lose!" Technically, Lucina's statement is true of all the other playable Awakening characters (or untrue depending on how you look at it).

Just played one, and Robin and Ryoma don't seem to say anything pre A rank.

14 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I was considering that too, yeah. They were A-Rank when I did that mission.

That complicates things, especially since the two of them don't even have a support convo. Now we gotta test every character combination at A-Rank.

lol yup. and before a-rank to distinguish the lines.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Something about their bonds spanning time itself with Robin shouting "We can't lose!" Technically, Lucina's statement is true of all the other playable Awakening characters (or untrue depending on how you look at it).

Just played one, and Robin and Ryoma don't seem to say anything pre A rank.

Wait, you're right, I remember her rambling about bonds that transcend time.

Oddly, both of Robin and Lucina's lines when Robin's the vanguard sound oddly generic and don't call each other by name. I wonder if they're shared with other Awakening characters.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Wait, you're right, I remember her rambling about bonds that transcend time.

Oddly, both of Robin and Lucina's lines when Robin's the vanguard sound oddly generic and don't call each other by name. I wonder if they're shared with other Awakening characters.

If you're referring to the pre-A rank lines, yeah they're pretty generic to the point I thought they didn't have a special line at first. I don't think the others have it though.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Now I wonder if theres extra special lines for A rank O_O

I thought we already determined that there were? 

Either way, with Chrom as vanguard with Celica, it's weird. It seems like her quote is generic, but he names her specifically. However, it is wholly unique in the reverse.

Edited by Arthur97

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I thought we already determined that there were? 

Either way, with Chrom as vanguard with Celica, it's weird. It seems like her quote is generic, but he names her specifically.

Oh maybe lol. I thought we only determined extra generic lines at A-rank. My bad.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

No, the extra lines they got were unique as in one he names Lucina specifically.

Actually, Robin only names Lucina in his pre-A-Rank quote with her as the vanguard ("Are you with me, Lucina?"). He never calls out her name in the other three possible combinations, and she never says Robin's name period.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Actually, Robin only names Lucina in his pre-A-Rank quote with her as the vanguard ("Are you with me, Lucina?"). He never calls out her name in the other three possible combinations, and she never says Robin's name period.

Huh, my bad. But they still appear to be unique. Though, I thought that was an A rank quote.

Also, Lucina and Celica have a unique one with Celica up front, but I'm kind of iffy on the reverse.

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Spoiler

Because someone's still salty over daddy's death.

I'm still playing with leo's combos. I'll probably not finish until morning.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Camilla seems oddly enamoured with Robin. Guess Robin's just cursed to always draw the attention of the dark fanservice women.

And Celica if her 1000 KOs achieved quote is something to go by.

His ability to attract beautiful women apparently transcends time and space.

Actually all of Fates royals have combo dialogue (at least in the Japaneae version, but I don't see why they wouldn't in English) and the Hoshidans and Nohrians have special dialogue for encountering their siblings as enemies and after defeating them. 

My favourite of the combo lines have to be Leon and Takumi's ("It can't be helped. Prince Takumi, give me a hand." "What do you mean "It can't be helped"!?" and "Hey, Prince Leon..." "If you need my help, you can always just ask.")

Another one I love is Sakura and Takumi ("Big brother Takumi, I... um.." "I'll help you out, so calm down, okay?") and Hinoka and Takumi's A-rank line ("With our strength as the royal siblings of Hoshido..." "... We'll wipe out the enemy!"). 

Another nice touch, that likely wasn't localized, is that Leon and Takumi are both extremely polite when talking to Ryouma/Hinoka and Xander/Camilla respectively. Even outside their supports with the other's big bro, their entire in-battle dialogue changes to accomodate that when they are paired up with those guys.  

All these characters also have individual "praise" lines (not sure what triggers them, just doing something great I guess) with the other. For exampel: Ryouma will say he is proud to be Takumi's older brother and Takumi will be like "He praised me!!!".

Really, the battle dialogue in this game is actually very extensive, I could gush over it for hours. It almost makes up for the sparse seeding of supports really.

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Wait, so does Robin & Lucina say anything or not? Cuz I saw them teaming up & it sounded generic.

It sounds generic without an A rank, but it is unique with and without one as far as I can tell. At least with Lucina as the vanguard.

11 hours ago, Nanima said:

Actually all of Fates royals have combo dialogue (at least in the Japaneae version, but I don't see why they wouldn't in English) and the Hoshidans and Nohrians have special dialogue for encountering their siblings as enemies and after defeating them. 

My favourite of the combo lines have to be Leon and Takumi's ("It can't be helped. Prince Takumi, give me a hand." "What do you mean "It can't be helped"!?" and "Hey, Prince Leon..." "If you need my help, you can always just ask.")

Another one I love is Sakura and Takumi ("Big brother Takumi, I... um.." "I'll help you out, so calm down, okay?") and Hinoka and Takumi's A-rank line ("With our strength as the royal siblings of Hoshido..." "... We'll wipe out the enemy!"). 

Another nice touch, that likely wasn't localized, is that Leon and Takumi are both extremely polite when talking to Ryouma/Hinoka and Xander/Camilla respectively. Even outside their supports with the other's big bro, their entire in-battle dialogue changes to accomodate that when they are paired up with those guys.  

All these characters also have individual "praise" lines (not sure what triggers them, just doing something great I guess) with the other. For exampel: Ryouma will say he is proud to be Takumi's older brother and Takumi will be like "He praised me!!!".

Really, the battle dialogue in this game is actually very extensive, I could gush over it for hours. It almost makes up for the sparse seeding of supports really.

So that's what he said. I couldnt tell if if Takumi said "You made it come to this!" or "What do you mean "it's come to this?"" I presume yours is the translation from JP. 

25 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

So that's what he said. I couldnt tell if if Takumi said "You made it come to this!" or "What do you mean "it's come to this?"" I presume yours is the translation from JP. 

Yeah, those are my translations. I couldn't tell you anything about what the did localization though (since I play entirely in Japanese, not just voices).

16 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

It sounds generic without an A rank, but it is unique with and without one as far as I can tell. At least with Lucina as the vanguard.

Still kind of annoying that Robin doesn't have any interaction with Lissa, Coredelia, & Lucina.

That thing you're probably talking with Lucina & Robin will probably more than likely be share with Owain as well.

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Still kind of annoying that Robin doesn't have any interaction with Lissa, Coredelia, & Lucina.

That thing you're probably talking with Lucina & Robin will probably more than likely be share with Owain as well.

I doubt it. As generic as it sounds, it is unique and I don't think any unique lines are shared with other characters.

The unique dual strike lines are definitely amusing.  I don't know if Hinoka and Camilla were meant to sound like they're barely tolerating each other, but that's how it came across to me.

I think Lissa/Lianna had one, but I'm not positive.

35 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The unique dual strike lines are definitely amusing.  I don't know if Hinoka and Camilla were meant to sound like they're barely tolerating each other, but that's how it came across to me.

I think Lissa/Lianna had one, but I'm not positive.

They do. At least Lianna clearly says "Rizu-san" during it, though i do not remember the entire quote.