Balthasaurus

Who should I pair Cordelia with? And any other Awakening pairings.

Recommended Posts

So, I have started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening (yes, I know, I'm pretty late to the party), and I noticed that Cordelia, despite having a crush on Chrom, isn't one of his support options. I'm new to the game and I'm playing on beginner mode, so I don't care about optimising the child units, but I'm wondering who can I pair Cordelia with and not get a depressing "I'll marry you even though I'm still attracted to Chrom" support conversation?

Oh, and I've already married Stahl and Gregor. So it can't be either of those two.

Edit: I guess I should list the pairings that I have already done, and the ones that I have planned, just so y'all can take a look.

Already married:

Chrom + Sumia, the game sort of pushed this one for me as I saw it in the opening and I though "Why not? The two of them are cute together."

Sully + Stahl, the red and green knights; restarting an old legend.

Gregor + Panne, because it becomes apparent that Panne has a crush on Gregor but doesn't want to admit it; Gregor gets her to open up her heart and release all of the pain that she has been hiding, and she feels happiness for probably the first time in her life.

Ricken + Maribelle, the "saved you" trope, and both of them are young and belong to noble houses.

Planned:

Libra + Nowi, they are both orphans and Libra is good with children, so they naturally get along well.

Henry + Tharja, their contrasting views on dark magic are pretty funny. And Noire needs a good father.

Virion + Cherche, cuz they both already know each other and Cherche understands that there's more to him than just philandering.

Olivia + Lon'qu, they're both shy and introduced to the shepherds by Basilio, and the thought of Inigo being Lon'qu's son sounds hilarious.

Other than those ones, I haven't really made up my mind yet. Feel free to give me advice on ANY good potential pairing for anyone.

Edited by Balthasaurus
More info for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chrom, nyeheheheheheheh

If you don't care about optimizing child units and just want a mildly satisfying end to Cordelia's Chrom obsession (at least, partially), you could pair with Virion.  That one ends well iirc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N said:

Chrom, nyeheheheheheheh

If you don't care about optimizing child units and just want a mildly satisfying end to Cordelia's Chrom obsession (at least, partially), you could pair with Virion.  That one ends well iirc.

*sigh* Hey, thanks for pointing that out. I'm probably just being difficult at this point, but I had planned to pair Virion and Cherche... Meh, I guess I'll keep looking around and figure something out. I intend to pair up all of the female characters so I have access to every unit in the game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stahl would've been perfect, because that's not a support where she just settles or anything.

If you aren't using a female Robin, then Frederick. He works really well as Severa's dad story-wise. And he's not bad for her gameplay wise either. Cordelia also doesn't settle for him here. She's basically like "I'm tired of Chrom not loving me, so I love you now." She might as well have said she's ditching Chrom for Frederick. lol

If you are using a female Robin, Frederick is still a great option, but he's also a great option for female Robin, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Male Robin?  Chrom isn't even mentioned in the support, and we have a pretty thorough exploration of one of the parts of her character that the other supports don't cover.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Stahl would've been perfect, because that's not a support where she just settles or anything.

If you aren't using a female Robin, then Frederick. He works really well as Severa's dad story-wise. And he's not bad for her gameplay wise either. Cordelia also doesn't settle for him here. She's basically like "I'm tired of Chrom not loving me, so I love you now." She might as well have said she's ditching Chrom for Frederick. lol

If you are using a female Robin, Frederick is still a great option, but he's also a great option for female Robin, imo.

Frederick seems like a good choice then, because I'm using male Robin (I never bother with character customisation and normally just use the default). I also heard elsewhere that Stahl would have been a good choice (something about a shared love of music?), but I already paired him with Sully. I know that that wasn't the best gameplay-wise because they both have the same class so Kjelle won't have great skills, but the two of them are both cavaliers so I thought it would be a good idea to pair characters who I would use in the same situations. And to be honest, I think I'd end up using Kellam much more often than Kjelle anyway, because he is one of my favourite characters.

I also intend to just mess around with Virion and try and get as many supports with female characters as possible. His C- and B- supports with Nowi made me grin, but I'm settled on pairing him with Cherche for marriage.

Edited by Balthasaurus
Fixed a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

Male Robin is the only marriage Cordelia has that doesn't bring up Chrom but as said it delivers a satisfying viewpoint of a otherwise not seen part of Cordelia

At this point I'm having a tough time deciding. There are just too many support options for someone like me. Might be a good idea to pair Cordelia with Robin then, I'm always interested in finding out more about the characters; with all of the support conversations available I'm having a really tough time picking a favourite. I guess I'll probably pair Cordelia with my Robin if that is the majority vote.

I should mention that this is actually my second playthrough of Awakening, but in my first I wasn't sure how the support system worked so I ended up with some really weird pairings, and all of my favourite characters died permanently. Therefore, I started again to try and increase my overall enjoyment of the game. Cordelia died in the first playthrough before being married.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Balthasaurus said:

Frederick seems like a good choice then, because I'm using male Robin (I never bother with character customisation and normally just use the default). I also heard elsewhere that Stahl would have been a good choice (something about a shared love of music?), but I already paired him with Sully. I know that that wasn't the best gameplay-wise because they both have the same class so Kjelle won't have great skills, but the two of them are both cavaliers so I thought it would be a good idea to pair characters who I would use in the same situations. And to be honest, I think I'd end up using Kellam much more often than Kjelle anyway, because he is one of my favourite characters.

I also intend to just mess around with Virion and try and get as many supports with female characters as possible. His C- and B- supports with Nowi made me grin, but I'm settled on pairing him with Cherche for marriage.

Yeah, Frederick is a great option since he makes a LOT of sense as Severa's dad. Her conversation with her dad fits him to a T, imo.

The only thing I don't like is how Cordelia whined off-screen in her support with Frederick. But that's the only bad part and it's a small bad part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always paired Cordelia with Gaius and never looked back. He gives Severa the closest hair to her canonical color, and he also gives her decent growths as well. The fact she's so demanding for sweets and has an attitude makes Gaius a fairly realistic father in my eyes. For me it just fits too well.

Probably not the optimal choice, but one that has always worked from a gameplay and story perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Probably not the optimal choice, but one that has always worked from a gameplay and story perspective.

Oh don't worry about that. I'm playling on normal difficulty so I don't care about optimal pairing because they won't make too much difference.

Thanks for the help everyone! Robin, Frederick and Gaius all seem like good husbands for her then. I guess I'll just try out each of their support conversations and see which one I like the most!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Aren't Gregor and Ricken's hair colors closer to red?

Yeah, good point. Canonically, isn't Severa's hair colour red? Weird because it's impossible for her to inherit that from Cordelia. Can't do any thing about that though. Gregor is already married to Panne and I just married Ricken to Maribelle earlier today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Balthasaurus said:

Yeah, good point. Canonically, isn't Severa's hair colour red? Weird because it's impossible for her to inherit that from Cordelia. Can't do any thing about that though. Gregor is already married to Panne and I just married Ricken to Maribelle earlier today.

Yep, Severa's canon hair color is red since that's Cordelia's hair color. But I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, Severa's canon hair color is red since that's Cordelia's hair color. But I see.

Well, I understand that canon for awakening tends to be confusing, as there are probably thousands of different marriage combinations, so I understand that it is all generally up to debate and everyone has their headcanon pairings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always ended up pairing Cordelia with Kellam, mostly by accident. Cordelia gets a great defense boost early on and their supports are pretty cute. Also one with no mention of Chrom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎12 at 2:44 PM, astrophys said:

Male Robin?  Chrom isn't even mentioned in the support, and we have a pretty thorough exploration of one of the parts of her character that the other supports don't cover.    

 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎12 at 3:33 PM, LucarioGamer812 said:

Male Robin is the only marriage Cordelia has that doesn't bring up Chrom but as said it delivers a satisfying viewpoint of a otherwise not seen part of Cordelia

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Male Robin has a very good support with Cordelia that explores a part of Cordelia the story briefly touches on but no other conversations really explore. Honestly I liked it enough that I paired up male Robin and her for half of my playthroughs, and male Robin and someone else who I cannot say without spoilers for the other half...

Spoiler

Lucina. The other half of the time, I pair male Robin with Lucina.

If not male Robin, Lon'qu is alright. The first three conversations have to do with them helping each other, despite Lon'qu's fear of women. Lon'qu's the only guy that figures out for himself that Cordelia likes Chrom, and Cordelia at least claims that her crush on Chrom is in the past now that she's begun falling for Lon'qu (no idea if she's telling the truth though). So at least there's that. 

On ‎2017‎-‎11‎-‎12 at 12:51 PM, Balthasaurus said:

Oh, and I've already married Stahl and Gregor. So it can't be either of those two.

I'm honestly not sure why so many people pair Stahl and Cordelia anyway. I usually pair Stahl with Panne (it's absolutely hilarious). Who did you pair Stahl with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if you've already paired her but I'm gonna throw in my vote.

I paired her with Gregor, mainly because I though the support was cute. Gregor gives her terrible love advice while simultaneously building her confidence with compliments and Cordelia slowly begins to fall for stupendous mercenary with heart of gold. Chrom is mentioned (sort of) but, overall, there is no settling for Cordelia.

Also, this could  be me but I pair Stahl with Cordelia entirely because of I like the thought of him being Severa's father. This is due to their The Future Past 3 special conversation in which Severa says, "I loved you so much. You were always so gentle and easy to get along with . . . Nothing at all like my mother, Miss Perfect." Thought it was really cute and I liked to imagine Severa being a huge Daddy's Girl. So basically, I paired them for headcanon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TC has already paired off Gregor and Stahl with other people, however, so unfortunately this does not help them for this file, as those options are no longer open. 

Edited by astrophys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I'm honestly not sure why so many people pair Stahl and Cordelia anyway. I usually pair Stahl with Panne (it's absolutely hilarious). Who did you pair Stahl with?

I paired Stahl with Sully. I know it's not the best for optimising Kjelle, but I don't really like her anyway. I just thought it would be nice to pair the two cavaliers together because I use them together in battle frequently anyway and I liked that you could sort of pair the red knight with the green knight. They talked about the Bull and the Panther, which I assume is a reference to Shadow Dragon, and it would be cool for them to sort of restart a legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note for everyone! I've added some extra info about my pairings to the topic description, so check it out!

Edited by Balthasaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Balthasaurus said:

Already married:

Chrom + Sumia, the game sort of pushed this one for me as I saw it in the opening and I though "Why not? The two of them are cute together."

Sully + Stahl, the red and green knights; restarting an old legend.

Gregor + Panne, because it becomes apparent that Panne has a crush on Gregor but doesn't want to admit it; Gregor gets her to open up her heart and release all of the pain that she has been hiding, and she feels happiness for probably the first time in her life.

Ricken + Maribelle, the "saved you" trope, and both of them are young and belong to noble houses.

Planned:

Libra + Nowi, they are both orphans and Libra is good with children.

Henry + Tharja, their contrasting views on dark magic are pretty funny. And Noire needs a good father.

Virion + Cherche, cuz they both already know each other and Cherche understands that there's more to him than just philandering.

Olivia + Lon'qu, they're both shy and introduced to the shepherds by Basilio, and the thought of Inigo being Lon'qu's son sounds hilarious.

Other than those ones, I haven't really made up my mind yet. Feel free to give me advice on ANY good potential pairing for anyone.

 

Already - 

Chrom +  Sumia - also legitimately excellent from a gameplay perspective.  

Sully + Stahl. - you don't care about optimizing the child units, so the normal advice (Donnel or Gaius) does not apply.   Character wise its fine. 

No real opinion on Gregor and Panne.  

Ricken + Maribelle is cute. 

 

Planned - 

Libra/Nowi - Never thought of that pairing before.  Don't know enough about it.  

(Libra has a higher support growth [more accurately, requires less points to rank up] with Cordelia than any other character, but Libra DOES bring up Chrom during the S support which goes against the spirit of the criteria)

Henry/Tharja  - well, Henry does make a good father from story standpoints, so sure.  

Virion/Cherche and Olivia/Lon'qu are fine. 

 

 

I still recommend marrying Cordelia yourself with your male Avatar.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I am a bit late to this but I feel like I might as well reply anyway. A pairing I like to go with sometimes is with Gaius. While this does sacrifice giving Galeforce to a child who otherwise wouldn't be able to get the skill, Severa can become a ridiculous offensive unit. With Acrobat combined with Galeforce, a mount from the Bow Knight class and her offensive growths can be hilarious. It gets even more ridiculous if she is supported by Kjelle or some other general due to the completely absurd pair-up stat boosts given by units of that class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2017 at 12:51 PM, Balthasaurus said:

Virion + Cherche, cuz they both already know each other and Cherche understands that there's more to him than just philandering.

Olivia + Lon'qu, they're both shy and introduced to the shepherds by Basilio, and the thought of Inigo being Lon'qu's son sounds hilarious.

If you are pairing people based on the characters themselves, I know you have Lonqu and Cherche already paired but I highly suggest reading their supports at the very least. Just trust me. Also Cherche's kid, Gerome, is quite similar to Lonqu in some aspects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.