First video game crush

Ronnie

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

So I'm sure many of us as kids had a crush on some video game character. So who was it?

My first video game crush was May from Pokémon Sapphire.
Ruby_Sapphire_May.png

Same here - easily the cutest girl 8-year-old me had ever seen.

After her I mostly ignored the ladies in games until my first MMO, when THIS beauty came along...

Spoiler

Unknown-3.jpeg.42b5d7196b5e33e96d82a106455b6a37.jpeg

The REAL reason choosing between Good and Evil was such a hard choice for 11-year-old me. Seriously, why couldn't they have just started me out in the Mirror Realm so I could go with the babe and still feel like my parents wouldn't be ashamed of me?

I dunno, I never really thought about it like that.

I do remember wanting to dress up like Link from the Legend of Zelda.  I would get one of my dad's shirt and put a belt around my waist like it was a tunic, and he made me a wooden sword that I could play around in the backyard with.

I remember crushing hard on Eirika from Sacred Stones. They figured out how to have armor on a schoolgirl outfit, I wasn't ready at just 12 years old. Plus her brother was my favorite lord at the time. Girls like it when you heap praise on their brother, right? Right. So I had an in.

I grew up into the sort of person that doesn't tally "best girls", but if I had to for sacred stones in particular, Eirika is a mid tier. L'Arachel has the right amount of crazy for me.

Well, what I can remember...

Probably either Sophitia from Soul Calibur...

Spoiler

7aEnbhq.jpg

her sister Cassandra...

Spoiler

57Sxcy8.jpg

or Presea from Tales of Symphonia.

Spoiler

1fNLSaG.jpg

Kinda drastically different characters, but they all were older than I was at the time I crushed on any of them.  Last one is a loli who never aged due to honestly messed up and depressing plot reasons.  Or at least I think it was; there might've been a different explanation than I remember.

Any further back, and it becomes extremely hazy.  Point is, I was into ladies that were significantly older or more mature than I was.

As a bonus, I'll tell what my first FE crush was...

Incidentally, even though I hadn't actually played FE at the time, I found myself crushing on Lyn as she appeared in Smash.

I know most here know what she looks like, but I'd just like to post these pics to show what I first saw of her.

Spoiler

Trophy showing her in-game model (glad her 3D render got a much-needed update with Warriors)

T0O91of.png

And her sticker (obviously was taken straight from the box art)

8yDz44X.jpg

Also notice how pretty much all my early crushes had exposed legs/thighs.

Spoiler

I was very much a perv in denial...

or I was just a teenage boy.

Either way, it's a big reason why I don't pretend my preferences are somehow better or more sophisticated than the next guy or gal's.

I think as far as from the first FE game I played, it was either Lucina or Female Robin that I was attracted to.  Most likely the former, though I remember liking the latter for their moveset in Smash.

Again, first saw 'em in Smash, though it was literally a few hours later that I played the game they originated from.  And yet again, pictures of them as I first saw them.

Spoiler

4qRUEmt.png

PkZ5NnR.png

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I remember crushing hard on Eirika from Sacred Stones. They figured out how to have armor on a schoolgirl outfit, I wasn't ready at just 12 years old. Plus her brother was my favorite lord at the time. Girls like it when you heap praise on their brother, right? Right. So I had an in.

But don't you know that Eirika and Ephraim totally got together in the end?

Spoiler

I find it funny that some people still believe that rumor, even after all these years.

4 hours ago, Dai said:

Oddly enough, back in Pokemon Blue.

b64c698bb195bde823069f9727d71941--n-poke

Her HGSS redesign is what got me into her

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Unsurprising, it's Tharja for me, maybe I like moody girls.

High five

22 minutes ago, Skylorella Con said:

Iori from King of fighters.

Kof was my first game and I was completely obsessed with it. Doesn't help that Iori was the coolest thing to me despite him being completely psychotic. 

images.jpeg

My boy Iori with the Tripp NYC pants. Terry Bogard is cooler :p

Best I remember, my first crush on a video game character was with Blue/Green/Leaf from the Pokémon Kanto remakes.

Spoiler

140px-FireRed_LeafGreen_Leaf.png

Although, considering that Pokémon main game protagonists don't really have what could be considered proper characterization (for those that don't have a significant role when not the PC), I'm not sure if she counts as a video game character. Making that distinction into account, then the first one would actually be Elli from the Harvest Moon series.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20100510203607

Ah, this does brings me back. It was fun playing Harvest Moon... and becoming rich selling lots of sweet potatoes every fall... lol

I'm not sure if I crushed on video game characters before him, but the first one I remember was Vincent Valentine... yes... the original one. To be fair, I liked his official art and the fan art, not the weird, blocky sprite xD 

Still hasn't gone away. Looking forward to seeing the FF7 remake :D 

...Although it'll probably take ten discs before he's introduced -.-

Hmm...I'm trying to remember and it's either Rose from Legend of Dragoon or Tifa from Final Fantasy VII.  I played both games pretty close to each other so I can't remember which one came first for me.  But to this day I do like both of them!  Italsoexplainsmyactualpreferencesindatingnowtoo

Hmm...

I think mine was Princess Peach, specifically from Mario Tennis on the N64. Other candidates would be the Valkyrie from Gauntlet Legends, as well as the Valkyrie class design from Ogre Battle 64. One should be seeing a trend here...

As for my first Fire Emblem one, gotta go with Lyn from Brawl. Her design and origin peaked my interest since she related to Marth and Roy from Melee. Lady Lyndis can be considered how I got into Fire Emblem, even though I ended up getting Sacred Stones as my first ever title.

Edited by Sire

As for my first video game crush I vividly remember, I'd have to pick Marta Lualdi from Tales of Symphonia, Dawn of the New World. Now, I did play games with female characters I liked before this one, but none really spoke to me like Marta did.
She's cute, her personality is endearing and funny and she's pretty strong, as well.
You can laugh at me if you want, but she's actually pretty much the reason I bought the game in the first place. Yup, I bought a game because this character was on the box. I didn't know anything about the game or the series it's a part of and now said series is my favourite gaming franchise... Looking back, it probably wasn't a good idea to get a game simply because one of the characters on the box art looked cute, but hey. What can you do?
image.png.56871f0c9a935f7539fd7802418550cb.png

Edited by DragonFlames

• 2 weeks later...

My real first video game crush was for the girls on the Water Club from Pokemon TCG on GBC (and it was the monochrome version... I just learned today that Amanda actually is blonde.)
Not sure if anyone remember them (or that game from that matter)

AS for FE, it was Karla and Louise.