Conquest Lunatic: First Time Through

Mandokarla

Double edged sword is not a term often applied to straight up invincible killbots. Abusers of the VLOD combo only need to take one hit per map to start their low hp vantage/guage abuse loop and you have total control over that hit, the vantage abusers stats are also completely within your control before the combat round. "Random death" happens to notodin vantage users when they lack damage, not so much bulk. Dipping a late exp paralouge is pretty much the best way to snag any 15 and it's mostly painless. Still you've mostly blown your exp paralouge load so this I can understand.

Not running full murderphelia also lets you enjoy the game instead of playing rock-on-the-keypad emblem so I advocate against it on a first playthrough in a vacume. Mentioned it cause vengeing the wall is some mad rng shenanigans.

Talismanspam!Xander also breaks the great wall nicely. Would use again.

On the note of Silias. Lets be fair 9 effective str over freaking Nina is pretty impressive lets not downplay that. With both in BK it's a mere +6(+9 on ep) lead but that's still a zerker pairup's worth of damage in guard stance and a fat chunk of damage in atk stance. Cav is really lame lategame.

Kaze is low key a really good pairup bot yo. Instapromo level, +allthespeed +move/ +randomly not dieing when you fucker up. Is very nice. He gets suprisingly little hype in this role (was not to Be) but he holds down a strong niche.

Edited by joshcja

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Double edged sword is not a term often applied to straight up invincible killbots. Abusers of the VLOD combo only need to take one hit per map to start their low hp vantage/guage abuse loop and you have total control over that hit, the vantage abusers stats are also completely within your control before the combat round. "Random death" happens to notodin vantage users when they lack damage, not so much bulk. Dipping a late exp paralouge is pretty much the best way to snag any 15 and it's mostly painless. Still you've mostly blown your exp paralouge load so this I can understand.

Not running full murderphelia also lets you enjoy the game instead of playing rock-on-the-keypad emblem so I advocate against it on a first playthrough in a vacume. Mentioned it cause vengeing the wall is some mad rng shenanigans.

Talismanspam!Xander also breaks the great wall nicely. Would use again.

On the note of Silias. Lets be fair 9 effective str over freaking Nina is pretty impressive lets not downplay that. With both in BK it's a mere +6(+9 on ep) lead but that's still a zerker pairup's worth of damage in guard stance and a fat chunk of damage in atk stance. Cav is really lame lategame.

Kaze is low key a really good pairup bot yo. Instapromo level, +allthespeed +move/ +randomly not dieing when you fucker up. Is very nice. He gets suprisingly little hype in this role (was not to Be) but he holds down a strong niche.

I usually use Kaze, but I felt like he wasn't needed this route. 

Also, just cleared the ninja cave. I had an easier time actually NOT bringing my full complement of units -- and the units I brought and beat it with were behind on exp, and now they are caught up. Kotaro though, I swear he's the hardest non-final boss in all of Fates. Good thing Silver Shuriken debuffs his ass. 

44 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

Also, just cleared the ninja cave. I had an easier time actually NOT bringing my full complement of units -- and the units I brought and beat it with were behind on exp, and now they are caught up. Kotaro though, I swear he's the hardest non-final boss in all of Fates. Good thing Silver Shuriken debuffs his ass. 

I see this and raise you chapter 23 Takumi. Good luck dealing with his two skills AND his high crit chance - you're gonna need it.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

Charlotte went to Laslow already

Oh, my bad, I wasn't aware. Peri should be fine then. Unless Beruka isn't paired with someone, I think she's a decent PU for Xander too.

3 hours ago, Mandokarla said:

I throw Calamity Gate on Kotaro. Feels good seeing near zero hitrate on him actually. Back in my first run Odin one shot him which is kinda sad

Also yeah debuff is awesome

46 minutes ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

Oh, my bad, I wasn't aware. Peri should be fine then. Unless Beruka isn't paired with someone, I think she's a decent PU for Xander too.

Xander mainly need speed though. Selena is pretty good too, and of course theres Berserker shenanigans

As for Leo i kinda like the strats where you use Odin and then drop him after Ch15 where he probably get married as a pair up bot to Leo to get A+ SM not to mention gazillion speed. Not as efficient in xp as marriage and less mag than Felicia and Advent Nyx i guess

15 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see this and raise you chapter 23 Takumi. Good luck dealing with his two skills AND his high crit chance - you're gonna need it.

Enfeeble spam and pray is going to be my strat

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

This reminds me, did you bother to get Draconic Hex?

I fucked up and HS'ed early to get Elbow Room and Defender, I'm gonna switch back to grab it soon. Might just stay in Nohr Noble tbh

37 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

I fucked up and HS'ed early to get Elbow Room and Defender, I'm gonna switch back to grab it soon. Might just stay in Nohr Noble tbh

Alright. I just wondered since -4 across the board that isn't limited like Enfeeble is (you can only buy two of them and I dunno if any more are obtainable) and that I don't have to worry about missing on the stuff that I'd really want to hit with Enfeeble is sweet.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Alright. I just wondered since -4 across the board that isn't limited like Enfeeble is (you can only buy two of them and I dunno if any more are obtainable) and that I don't have to worry about missing on the stuff that I'd really want to hit with Enfeeble is sweet.

One comes free in Ch11. 12 charges for 12 targets.

--------------------------------------------------

Hex is the most useful seal but it's a seal skill and not killing fools in one round of combat is just weaker than killing fools in one round of combat. Skill is useful for DS/DS+ tanking 3+ range mooks but it's basicly a weaker strong riposte in 1-2 situations.

Just lightning/Brave axe Ch23 Takumi with a full guard guage.

Edited by joshcja

2 hours ago, joshcja said:

Hex is the most useful seal but it's a seal skill and not killing fools in one round of combat is just weaker than killing fools in one round of combat. Skill is useful for DS/DS+ tanking 3+ range mooks but it's basicly a weaker strong riposte in 1-2 situations.

I have a forged lightning on Odin rn, so that was going to be my kill plan. Either him or Ophelia use it. 

3 hours ago, joshcja said:

Okay then.

I would disagree there, because one-rounding everything means allowing more enemies to attack and possibly overwhelm you.

Neither of those are exactly what I'd call reliable, especially the Brave Axe one, considering its 55 base hit (that would also not be an option considering my opinion of the axe users not named Camilla, which is very very low); also, this is assuming you even have a full shield gauge to begin with. What's more, because this needs a full shield gauge, this only works once, meaning if it fails, you better have a back up plan...

I have reached the Furry Genocide. I have no idea how I'm gonna tackle this chapter, because unfortunately it isn't "Defeat the Boss" which I can do it 3 turns. Everything with a chance to one shot the heathens has roughly 60% hitrate, and shockingly Keaton is the only one I can use to bait them in, with the beastrune and Camilla pair up he can take 3 hits. Barely. 

8 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

I have reached the Furry Genocide. I have no idea how I'm gonna tackle this chapter, because unfortunately it isn't "Defeat the Boss" which I can do it 3 turns. Everything with a chance to one shot the heathens has roughly 60% hitrate, and shockingly Keaton is the only one I can use to bait them in, with the beastrune and Camilla pair up he can take 3 hits. Barely. 

Do you have any Beast Killers, Hunter's Knives, or Hunter's Bows (btw, the latter two are really good here since the Kitsunes can't do jack against ranged attacks)? Anyway, this is one chapter that made me learn to stop worrying and love Attack Stance, since the +10 hit boost (minimum; can be further increased if multiple units are adjacent) from Attack Stance is a godsend here.

41 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

Left side:

Fatass draco (Heart seal Xander is the gold standard) and give em the beastkiller, or airdrop a MN with hunting knife into the fray, VSorc also works but chances are you're not stacked enough for that. Regardless of blend choice you're lowmanning this.

Right side:

Abuse heartseeker and +hit supports (Elise) in attack stance. No need to bait since the fuzzies run madly ro their doom.

Edited by joshcja

Do you have any Heart Seals left? Wyvern Lord Xander blitzes the 19-21 stretch - you unlock the level 3 shop after 21 to reclass him back to a sword class if you wish. Picking up wyvern skills is sweet as well.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Do you have any Beast Killers, Hunter's Knives, or Hunter's Bows (btw, the latter two are really good here since the Kitsunes can't do jack against ranged attacks)? Anyway, this is one chapter that made me learn to stop worrying and love Attack Stance, since the +10 hit boost (minimum; can be further increased if multiple units are adjacent) from Attack Stance is a godsend here.

I have no Hunter's Bows --- those would be nice to have, but I can't buy them. I have exactly one Beast Killer, and nobody that is strong can use Hunter's Knives yet. I'm about to grab Soleil to get my MN, but she won't have the dagger rank for it. I'll figure something out

48 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

I have no Hunter's Bows --- those would be nice to have, but I can't buy them. I have exactly one Beast Killer, and nobody that is strong can use Hunter's Knives yet. I'm about to grab Soleil to get my MN, but she won't have the dagger rank for it. I'll figure something out

Guess no interactions with your party at the castle yielded one then... Also, what's your party looking like ATM? What's more, this is part of why I say delaying the recruitments of children is not worth it - if my plans are to reclass a kid, I'd want as much time as possible to get their new weapon ranks up.

11 hours ago, Mandokarla said:

Burn the arms scroll. You get 3 more in 21.

19 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Guess no interactions with your party at the castle yielded one then... Also, what's your party looking like ATM? What's more, this is part of why I say delaying the recruitments of children is not worth it - if my plans are to reclass a kid, I'd want as much time as possible to get their new weapon ranks up.

My party is a little bit in a bad spot right now, I made a few mistakes playing foolishly at 1 am, because I felt like playing and didn't realize how tired I was. My team (of units strong enough to be worth using) is as follows: 

Cornflake - lvl6 Paladin: 22 str, 5 mag, 29 skl, 23 spd, 27 lck, 22 def, 14 res

Laslow - lvl6 Hero: 26 str, 0 mag, 29 skl, 17 spd, 26 lck, 17 def, 8 res (NOTES: He hasn't learned Sol yet...he's learning the Fighter skills. Have I played this game as much as I have without realizing something about skills or am I just dumb and didn't notice before?)

Niles - lvl6 Bow Knight: 16 str, 4 mag, 20 skl, 25 spd, 11 lck, 13 def, 23 res

Odin - lvl6 Sorcerer: 11 str, 21 mag, 22 skl, 18 spd, 20 lck, 17 def, 19 res (NOTE: Has samurai skills)

Ophelia - lvl28 Witch: 6 str,  32 mag, 18 skl, 26 spd, 31 (capped) lck, 10 def, 19 res (NOTE: Has Vantage and Vengeance)

Elise - lvl8 Strategist: 6 str, 26 mag, 7 skl (ugh), 19 spd, 27 lck, 8 def, 22 res

Nina - lvl4 Adventurer: 18 str, 15 mag, 20 skl, 26 spd, 23 lck, 9 def, 23 res (NOTE: Has Rally Skill from Niles)

Camilla - lvl8 Malig Knight: 26 str, 14 mag, 20 skl, 24 spd, 14 lck, 21 def, 20 res 

Keaton - Lvl6 Wolfssenger: 30 str, 0 mag, 14 skl, 22 spd, 15 lck, 22 def, 9 res (Note: Has Fighter skills + Rally Strength --- I wanted to make Velouria have both physical rally skills, but unfortunately for Camilla one of those 1 am mistakes was selling a heart seal on accident. Soo....yeah.) 

Xander - lvl5 Paladin: 27 str, 4 mag, 20 skl, 19 spd, 25 lck, 28 def, 14 res (Including siegfried bonus is stat spread)

Leo - lvl4 Dark Knight: 16 str, 23 mag, 15 skl, 18 spd, 21 lck, 17 def, 25 res

Azura is lvl 20, Effie doesn't have wary fighter because I didn't field her in Zola's chapter, so she gets one-rounded by the furries. Shigure is a joke as usual, no strength at all. Jakob is lvl19. Silas is lvl2 paladin. 

40 minutes ago, Mandokarla said:

My party is a little bit in a bad spot right now, I made a few mistakes playing foolishly at 1 am, because I felt like playing and didn't realize how tired I was. My team (of units strong enough to be worth using) is as follows: 

Cornflake - lvl6 Paladin: 22 str, 5 mag, 29 skl, 23 spd, 27 lck, 22 def, 14 res

Laslow - lvl6 Hero: 26 str, 0 mag, 29 skl, 17 spd, 26 lck, 17 def, 8 res (NOTES: He hasn't learned Sol yet...he's learning the Fighter skills. Have I played this game as much as I have without realizing something about skills or am I just dumb and didn't notice before?)

Niles - lvl6 Bow Knight: 16 str, 4 mag, 20 skl, 25 spd, 11 lck, 13 def, 23 res

Odin - lvl6 Sorcerer: 11 str, 21 mag, 22 skl, 18 spd, 20 lck, 17 def, 19 res (NOTE: Has samurai skills)

Ophelia - lvl28 Witch: 6 str,  32 mag, 18 skl, 26 spd, 31 (capped) lck, 10 def, 19 res (NOTE: Has Vantage and Vengeance)

Elise - lvl8 Strategist: 6 str, 26 mag, 7 skl (ugh), 19 spd, 27 lck, 8 def, 22 res

Nina - lvl4 Adventurer: 18 str, 15 mag, 20 skl, 26 spd, 23 lck, 9 def, 23 res (NOTE: Has Rally Skill from Niles)

Camilla - lvl8 Malig Knight: 26 str, 14 mag, 20 skl, 24 spd, 14 lck, 21 def, 20 res 

Keaton - Lvl6 Wolfssenger: 30 str, 0 mag, 14 skl, 22 spd, 15 lck, 22 def, 9 res (Note: Has Fighter skills + Rally Strength --- I wanted to make Velouria have both physical rally skills, but unfortunately for Camilla one of those 1 am mistakes was selling a heart seal on accident. Soo....yeah.) 

Xander - lvl5 Paladin: 27 str, 4 mag, 20 skl, 19 spd, 25 lck, 28 def, 14 res (Including siegfried bonus is stat spread)

Leo - lvl4 Dark Knight: 16 str, 23 mag, 15 skl, 18 spd, 21 lck, 17 def, 25 res

Azura is lvl 20, Effie doesn't have wary fighter because I didn't field her in Zola's chapter, so she gets one-rounded by the furries. Shigure is a joke as usual, no strength at all. Jakob is lvl19. Silas is lvl2 paladin. 

Okay then. Also, you sold a heart seal on accident? Ouch. Anyway, as for your skill observation, it has to do with Mercenary and Fighter both sharing a promotion (in this case, Hero); as a result of marrying Charlotte, Laslow's treated as having access to the Fighter tree as well, which is why he's learning those skills.

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then. Also, you sold a heart seal on accident? Ouch. Anyway, as for your skill observation, it has to do with Mercenary and Fighter both sharing a promotion (in this case, Hero); as a result of marrying Charlotte, Laslow's treated as having access to the Fighter tree as well, which is why he's learning those skills.

Oh okay, that's good to know. 

I went and recruited Soleil. Effie got WF, everyone else got some levels. Soleil is looking strong, but without that HS I cant abuse Hunter Knife. I think I can do it though