NOCTIS FROM FFXV IN TEKKEN 7

Ronnie

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

All this guest characters announcement & Marvel refuse to use the X-Men for MVC: I. What kind of world am I living in right now?

Well. That might be changing soon considering Disney is in the process of buying Fox.

Fighting games are going insane. At this point Sakurai is really going to have to up his game with Smash, because he has some major competition right now with crazy reveals. Sakurai better be negotiating his ass off for something crazy.

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Well. That might be changing soon considering Disney is in the process of buying Fox.

Fighting games are going insane. At this point Sakurai is really going to have to up his game with Smash, because he has some major competition right now with crazy reveals. Sakurai better be negotiating his ass off for something crazy.

Speaking of which, relevant tweet:

Fighting games are great, man. I love seeing developers making their audience go crazy and hype.

4 hours ago, lyscalibur said:

Didn't see that coming. Looks pretty fun though. Does anyone here play Tekken? I've looked into the series a few times, but I've never played it.

I got into the series with 7, its very fun to just play casually even. So I'd advise to give it a shot ^^

lmao, I saw a topic on GameFAQs about it and was like "Is this guy high?"

Then I looked at the Steam news feed for it and saw it was an actual thing.

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

Fighting games have been on crack lately.

Given that Injustice 2 got TMNT and some other strange fighting game roster stuff has happened, I'm inclined to agree with this statement.

And this is coming from a guy who bought all the DLC for T7.

7 hours ago, Magical CC said:

a rich kid with family problem is not a new thing in Tekken.

I guess you have a point there.

The entire storyline of Tekken essentially revolves around family problems...

Spoiler

MCDrD0F.jpg

And a certain father-son pair who have a passion for throwing each other into volcanoes and off of cliffs.

5 hours ago, lyscalibur said:

Does anyone here play Tekken?

I've played 3, 4, both Tag Tournament games, 6, and 7.

I think it's fun, both casually and in the competitive scene.  I used to play it with my family, though I wasn't all that great.  It's a great fighting game that's both pretty easy to understand and fairly technical.  Unlike something like Street Fighter, you are able to move in eight directions, and each button corresponds to a limb (e.g. A is right arm, B is left leg, X is left arm), so you kind of have an idea of how your character will attack.

Also, it's got a cyborg samurai who only gets weirder and weirder looking with every new entry, an old dude with crazy hair and lightning fists, a few literal demon people who essentially rule the world, an extremely agile obese dude, a kung fu school girl who studied under a somewhat quirky sensei and has a crush on one of the before-mentioned demon people, a robot girl who can detach her head in some of her attacks, not!Jackie Chan, and not!Bruce Lee.

It probably has every character archetype you could possibly imagine.  And their fighting styles are just as diverse.

13 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Smash has 6 guest characters, which it's tie with DOA 5 with the most guest characters. MK X has 4, while Injustice 2, Killer Instinct, & Tekken 7 has 3 so far but I2 is more than likely going to have a 4th one. Can anyone confirm if Noctis is supposed to the last DLC characters? Because T7 is still missing a lot of the veterans.

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Smash has 6 guest characters, which it's tie with DOA 5 with the most guest characters. MK X has 4, while Injustice 2, Killer Instinct, & Tekken 7 has 3 so far but I2 is more than likely going to have a 4th one. Can anyone confirm if Noctis is supposed to the last DLC characters? Because T7 is still missing a lot of the veterans.

Sure, but I wouldnt say any of its guest characters besides Cloud and Snake were exactly shockers. TMNT in Injustice? Hellboy? Noctis in Tekken? Every guest character at least had a history with Nintendo in some way, besides the two I named, and maybe Pacman.

And my comment was more of a joke to begin with, because before then, who was really doing the crazy crossover stuff? Smash was the big "icon" of the crossover potential, now you got Injustice, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, etc all joining in on the craze. Sakurai has a bit of competition now on the crossover front.

On 11/13/2017 at 12:25 AM, Magical CC said:

This is as random as it would be but hey, a rich kid with family problem is not a new thing in Tekken.

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

---

Currently playing through FFXV, and this happens.  It's a really cool coincidence.  It also means I need to pick this game up (and it totally has nothing to do with Geese, I swear).

If there's a fishing pole prop, I know who it's going to.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2017 at 9:46 AM, eclipse said:

Thanks for the laugh this morning!

---

Currently playing through FFXV, and this happens.  It's a really cool coincidence.  It also means I need to pick this game up (and it totally has nothing to do with Geese, I swear).

If there's a fishing pole prop, I know who it's going to.

I forget if theres a fishing pole prop but I did make Akuma into a Pizza Boy. 

On 11/22/2017 at 9:29 AM, Jedi said:

I forget if theres a fishing pole prop but I did make Akuma into a Pizza Boy. 

Late game FFXV spoilers. . .

Spoiler

This would be fitting on Noctis, too.  Like, REALLY fitting.