Create and discuss new game modes, ideas, QOL changes, etc.

Raven

I've been bored of Heroes for some time, and it seems like many are in agreement and feel the same way - especially older players who have basically "completed" everything so far.

For me, current game modes are becoming stale and repetitive. GHBs are fine - when they are not repeats. BHBs are also interesting. These are, however, only considered "special maps" and not actual game modes, like Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlet.

With regards to Tempest Trials and Voting Gauntlets: At least once a month, these game modes are re-used, recycled, and are becoming increasingly stale with each cycle. The VG can also become increasingly stale if you're like me and don't actually care about who actually wins (although the salt of losing teams is pretty delicious, in and of itself).

I don't mind if we keep these, but I think we need more (permanent) modes to keep long-time players engaged and interested in playing. We can use this topic to think up new game modes, ideas, and maybe general quality of life improvements to the game.

- - - - - - - - - -

Infinite Dungeon Run

- Use your whole barracks, including multiples of the same units. Got a 4*+10 and a 5*+1 Cecilia? You can use them both.
- Units are eliminated as they reach 0 HP, and cannot be used again for the rest of the run.
- Always replace fallen units between each map, so you always begin the next map as a 4-unit squad. Damaged units stay damaged between maps.
- Maps go on for as long as you have units remaining in your barracks, and the mode ends once all your barracks are defeated.
- The state of your barracks is saved when the run begins. You can pause the run between maps to do other things, so people with large barracks are not forced to quit early, and when you return everything will be the same as before you paused the run -  even if you leveled up units or got new ones outside of the mode.
- The maps become increasingly harder. Only the Wailords of whales will reach the highest of levels and earn the most rewards, but even they too will eventually fall.
- Cannot repeat the maps to re-earn given rewards. However, for example, beating map 50 and losing, then returning to beat 51 will continue to reward you.
- Rewards could be given out on a per-map completion. Maybe one Orb per 5 maps completed, with various amounts of Sacred Seals, Feathers, Badges, Universal Shards/Crystals in between.
- Rewards could be refreshed on a fortnightly basis, so you have incentive to come back and play it often to earn them. Bonus Feathers and Orbs can be rewarded between resets depending on a person's rank for that fortnight (based on how many maps a person cleared before quitting/losing all units). E.g. Top 1,000 earn 3,000 Feathers and 30 Sacred Coins, top 5,000 earn 2,500 Feathers and 25 Sacred Coins, etc.
- Units cannot earn EXP, SP, or increase support levels, for the sake of keeping the units in the run secluded from the rest of the game, as mentioned above. Hero Merit? Yeah, why not.

Guilds, and Guild events

I used to play a gacha card game on Kongregate, called Spellstone. Players could form guilds with max. 50 players per guild, and every other weekend - usually starting Friday and lasting 72 hours - there would be events where the guild fought against AI-controlled decks of players from opposing guilds. The highest-ranking guilds would earn the best/most rewards (since they were highly saturated with whales) and lower ranks would earn less rewards, but still respectable. The game has more than simply guild vs guild, like guilds vs raid bosses, and the guilds that reached the higher levels would earn the best rewards there.

I believe the same can be applied to Heroes. There are so many gachas these days that allow for guild/team creation, it's pretty crazy that heroes itself has still yet to implement it. We still can't interact with our friends list outside of using their lead units during Voting Gauntlets.

Considering the massive size of the active playerbase, even a maximum guild size of 100 would still be considered "small." But I think it's perfect for creating stiff competition in higher ranks. Any more and guild founders/managers are gonna have a hard time trying to take care of things between inactives, people not pulling their weight during guild events, etc. - several larger communities will probably have several guilds under the same banner with similar names.

With regards to actual guild game modes, the guild clash events would be most interesting. Every 8 hours or so, new rounds begin and guilds are pitted against other guilds based on rank, and rise and fall based on how much they have scored in total. Each player gets 10 random opponents from the opposing guild per round, and earn points from both killing enemy units, and having your own units survive a battle. So even if you lose all 4 of your units in a battle, you can still earn points by having killed at least one enemy unit. A player is able to see exactly who fought their defense team and how much they scored, and whether they won or lost. A player's offensive and defensive scores are tallied and adds to the guild's total score. The higher the guild's score by the end of the event, the higher they rank, the better the rewards for all players within the guild. Activity is also a huge factor since rounds refresh and new opponents come often.

A guild chat could also be implemented, for easy in-game communication between guild members. Of course people are still gonna use things like Discord (and in Eastern Asia, LINE, most probably) to chat between members.

- - - - - - - - - -

What are your thoughts? Maybe you have other ideas for game modes and QOL changes, or something similar but slightly different?

Outside of implementing social features, I am not sure what else they can do to really revitalize my enthusiasm. For me, the game feels more and more like a chore with every Tempest Trial and Voting Gauntlet.

The only part of the game that I still enjoy is summoning new units, but it is only a matter of time before I get bored of that too.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Outside of implementing social features, I am not sure what else they can do to really revitalize my enthusiasm. For me, the game feels more and more like a chore with every Tempest Trial and Voting Gauntlet.

The only part of the game that I still enjoy is summoning new units, but it is only a matter of time before I get bored of that too.

I'm already done with summoning units, there's nothing I really want right now so I'm just saving orbs. And I'm already bored of repeating the same TT and VG over and over, so I'm hoping something fresh, engaging and rewarding will show up soon.

I’m beginning to wonder if it’s possible make maps larger than 6x8 tiles, if it’s possible to have more than 6 enemy units per map. The Warriors Maps show how quickly crowded the play area can get, so by increasing the size to accommodate more enemies, there can be potential for harder, albeit lengthier content.

But how do we allow for bigger maps? Left/Right and Up/Down scrolling. The play area would still show only 6x8 tiles, but you can “lock” the position of the grid when moving units and “unlock” it when navigating the map and checking enemy ranges. I am not sure if it would require an overhaul or if the larger size would be too much for certain devices, though, so this isn’t likely.

I would also like to see features that make use of the friends list. It is currently completely pointless outside of Voting Gauntlets, and the maximum friend cap is even more arbitrary. Being able to do something as simple as call in a friend support, like in some mobages, would suddenly make it a lot more useful.

Lastly, I’d like to see an increase in the deployment limit for more challenging content. Currently, the deployment limit is static across all content, and is small enough that fielding 4 offensive units is far more optimal than bringing a more balanced setup that includes a healer. This change would accordingly be met with an increase in enemy density to keep the difficulty from dropping. The 5* rate is generous and by now even free-to-players who have been around since launch have obtained nearly 50 5* units; only being able to use a tiny portion of that for any given content feels like a waste. So far, the only mode that accounts for the size of the player’s roster is arena assault, but it too suffers from being short and repetititve.

I want a uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh way to get Genny below 5 stars so that I can make Genny Emblem and win all the time by the power of waifus.

I also want a full Genny banner but it cannot be limited time since I can count on one hand the number of times I've pulled a focus unit.

Also a Genny arena where your team has to include Genny or you get banned.

Also remove Horse Emblem buffs and replace them with Genny Emblem buffs.

Oh yeah and Quan.

Guilds are a typical gacha thing. I guess it could be added in the future. Some games wait before they release any guild capabilities so it's possible, though I imagine it to be.... unlikely. Since there wouldn't be a place for it in the heroes UI (not anywhere that I'd see)

And in saying that, I don't think we need more modes. SA is great, AA is great, the story is cool I guess, CC is is nice, Arena is nice, VG is.... nice LOL and TT is cool too~ Not to mention the ever-so-precious paralogues. We have our GHBs and BHBs, special quests for each rerun of those too, in addition to the actual monthly quests we get as well. 

I just want more SA. That is my favorite game mode to play <3

Just now, Gebby said:

I want a uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh way to get Genny below 5 stars so that I can make Genny Emblem and win all the time by the power of waifus.

I also want a full Genny banner but it cannot be limited time since I can count on one hand the number of times I've pulled a focus unit.

Also a Genny arena where your team has to include Genny or you get banned.

Also remove Horse Emblem buffs and replace them with Genny Emblem buffs.

Oh yeah and Quan.

Posting crap is against the rules!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Guilds are a typical gacha thing. I guess it could be added in the future. Some games wait before they release any guild capabilities so it's possible, though I imagine it to be.... unlikely. Since there wouldn't be a place for it in the heroes UI (not anywhere that I'd see)

And in saying that, I don't think we need more modes. SA is great, AA is great, the story is cool I guess, CC is is nice, Arena is nice, VG is.... nice LOL and TT is cool too~ Not to mention the ever-so-precious paralogues. We have our GHBs and BHBs, special quests for each rerun of those too, in addition to the actual monthly quests we get as well. 

Posting crap is against the rules!

Wtf you mean, that post is nothing but my legitimate hopes >:(

But uhhhh for serious now.

Maybe a mode where you get to use other people's' teams in some way, maybe for bonus points in Arena or TT you have to use a randomly selected team, possibly from the friends list to make it more relevant, or just randomly selected from any other player. It'd hopefully at least make the game more interesting in some way, and make arena/TT slightly more doable for newer players or players without good units, but make it hard to reach a streak because who the fuck knows what you'll be getting.

...is what I would say but Horse Emblem exists, so fuck you, let me be happy and have Genny Emblem.

I made this suggestion before, and it wasn't well received. But then again, the middle of a Bound Hero Battle thread isn't a great place for discussion.

So take the concept of Voting Gauntlets giving you two random teammates alongside your one. One from your friendlist, the other... pretty much random.

Now take the unit taken from the random bucket, and multiply that by four, and also remove the one unit you bring (but use the first unit in your current team as a basis for the unit pool the game takes from in terms of equal investment).

Bam, you are battling with four random units taken from the world round, and you have to use them despite what overwhelming or underwhelming synergy they might have.

...or take units with preset builds (their default kit plus the empty skill slots being filled in with... something) into battle. Renting units.

Throw some battles our way that can take advantage of you using units that are not your own. Might be interesting being forced to work with what you are given instead of what you have.

How about a game mode with big rewards but also big risks (aka permanent death)? 

I like the idea of an Infinite Dungeon Run, but not with the full roster, since many units are kept at level 1 for SI reasons. 

Edited by mampfoid

42 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I made this suggestion before, and it wasn't well received. But then again, the middle of a Bound Hero Battle thread isn't a great place for discussion.

So take the concept of Voting Gauntlets giving you two random teammates alongside your one. One from your friendlist, the other... pretty much random.

Now take the unit taken from the random bucket, and multiply that by four, and also remove the one unit you bring (but use the first unit in your current team as a basis for the unit pool the game takes from in terms of equal investment).

Bam, you are battling with four random units taken from the world round, and you have to use them despite what overwhelming or underwhelming synergy they might have.

...or take units with preset builds (their default kit plus the empty skill slots being filled in with... something) into battle. Renting units.

Throw some battles our way that can take advantage of you using units that are not your own. Might be interesting being forced to work with what you are given instead of what you have.

I love this idea and I want to see it happen.

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

How about a game mode with big rewards but also big risks (aka permanent death)? 

Permanent death in a game where you can pay real money for a chance of getting your favourite characters is a HUGE no-no.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Permanent death in a game where you can pay real money for a chance of getting your favourite characters is a HUGE no-no.

Alternatively you could risk to get the rarity of a character demoted. 

Friend list interaction is a common request. I was thinking of a “friend arena” where you fight the arena teams of the people in your friends list. Alternatively, we fight arena teams using random units from our friend’s list. 

7 hours ago, Raven said:

I've been bored of Heroes for some time, and it seems like many are in agreement and feel the same way - especially older players who have basically "completed" everything so far.

Nope. I'd still be hanging in there even if there wasn't going to be a 20 minute broadcast of new stuff coming up tomorrow night.

But I do think they really need to address the bloated 5 star pool sooner rather than later. Especially now that people have found the feedback button. And I've thought of a QoL change to go with a round of demotions. The reason why demoting 5 stars is a problem is because of whales. They want to make +10 versions, and they can't do it easily or quickly if units are becoming 3-4*. So here's a proposal that would be cool for F2P and whales alike, a personal focus unit. Choose any non-seasonal unit you've encountered  from your Catalogue of Heroes. That unit will share a chance of being summoned alongside other focus units on any banner. However, you can't switch this unit freely, you must pay an orb. So if you're working on a +10 Azura, but a new blue focus unit arrives that you want, then you'd better decide if you want to switch. Ditto for F2P players that finally got their first Azura and need to decide a new unit they want. It can also serve as a gateway for F2P players to get higher merged characters with enough effort.

The problem with having a Pause feature for a consecutive map mode like this Endless Dungeon or TT is that it opens the door for cheating. You see what the next group of enemies are, pause, equip an appropriate build with the right breaker, TA if you need it, raven tomes, there's a lot of players content with filling out their standard characters' resume with more builds if it means not relying on characters they don't care for as much. Thereby defeating the purpose of a consecutive map mode. And don't get me started on seals. If you do let some of your units die, you could just pause and move their seals to the new team. So you're probably thinking don't allow the player to do it. Grey out that character's icon on the equip skills/seals screen. Well yeah, but you wouldn't be able to use that character for any other mode. And that will make player's furious. The designers will be worried about you putting in a new character that can level up, or receive upgrades to their seal which happens outside the equip seals screen. For a Pause feature to be implemented, the designers need to set a LOT of new precedent that they're clearly unwilling to do now that we have three of this type of mode.

Also, more consecutive map modes are probably not the answer. The amount of players doing arena assault still are dropping. Only having risen a tiny bit on the week the Sacred Coin shop was introduced. I think if you want to introduce a new game mode, you've gotta make it short. Voting Gauntlet short where the preparation stuff doesn't matter.

• Sparring Mode, where you can go up against your friends' defensive teams freely. To expand on it, add things like giving feedback (in fixed predetermined messages), or play AS your friends against your own team. This would help people figure out their defensive teams and see what their friends are up to.
  • Bottle up Stamina when you're at 99/99. This would be pretty nice on days when you can't or don't feel like playing, and save that stamina for the weekends, Tempests, etc.
  • BGM player I guess

1 minute ago, Johann said:
  • Sparring Mode, where you can go up against your friends' defensive teams freely. To expand on it, add things like giving feedback (in fixed predetermined messages), or play AS your friends against your own team. This would help people figure out their defensive teams and see what their friends are up to.

That's a great idea! I would add the possibility for each friend so the the match or at least the result. 

A tournament mode would be nice, though I'd prefer it if it pitted your own units against each other to see who comes out on top. You could even bet stuff on them, like feathers, badges, sacred coins or shards. Rewards would be orbs or whatever.

18 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Squad Assault is a one-off thing; you earn nothing after first completion of each run. It is a nice challenge until you figure out a team that can successfully beat each map, at least. No real complaints about it from me.

Arena Assault is still becoming less and less popular, probably because people play it once in the week to get a decent score and to earn at least some feathers and coins, just to get it out of the way.

Story mode is the same thing as Chain Challenge to me; finish the chapters once for the orbs, no replay value. Even less replay value than Squad Assault, aside from monthly quests having you play some of them again for rewards. Paralogues come under this, too.

Chain Challenge is indeed a nice challenge and is probably the most rewarding part of the game outside of Tempest Trials, so no complaints there from me.

Arena bores me almost as much as Squad Assault. I only do it because I get 4 orbs out of it each week, and I feel no incentive to play it otherwise.

Voting Gauntlet is...fine, I suppose? The premise for me is getting slightly boring, however. Choose a unit. Try to be online when higher multipliers come on. Win or lose. Rinse and repeat every 2 days until one of the units win. It lets you use other people's units, which they can expand upon in so many other ways outside of the Voting Gauntlet. Generous output of feathers, memes and salt, though, which is nice.

Tempest Trials - I think it's just as dull - if not moreso - than Voting Gauntlet. Replay these maps until you have earned all the rewards. Play Lunatic 7 twice a day for maximum bonus score earning, then auto Lunatic 5 for the rest of the day. Rinse and repeat until you're happy with your rank or the number of rewards you've picked up. Only difference between each TT is the...story, if you can call it that, and the bonus units which are based loosely around said story, but mostly off of the latest banners.

GHBs and BHBs are nice, I won't deny that. I do however find the BHB reruns to be a bit lacking, but thanks for the extra Orbs, at least.

- - -

Of course, the above is just my opinion and my feelings towards these modes. If people still find enjoyment from something, then of course, more power to them - I'm actually pretty jealous.

16 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I like the idea of an Infinite Dungeon Run, but not with the full roster, since many units are kept at level 1 for SI reasons. 

IMO, as already said, perma-death in Heroes will be the perma-death of it.

With regards to the full roster thing in a dungeon run, I agree, in hindsight. Some people have 1,000/1,000 barracks and it would take them literally weeks of play to get through them all. Limiting the mode to, say, 50 units will be a lot better. The whales with their roster of 50+ 5*+10s will still get much further and get most rewards and rank highest, as should be the case.

15 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

The problem with having a Pause feature for a consecutive map mode like this Endless Dungeon or TT is that it opens the door for cheating. You see what the next group of enemies are, pause, equip an appropriate build with the right breaker, TA if you need it, raven tomes, there's a lot of players content with filling out their standard characters' resume with more builds if it means not relying on characters they don't care for as much. Thereby defeating the purpose of a consecutive map mode. And don't get me started on seals. If you do let some of your units die, you could just pause and move their seals to the new team. So you're probably thinking don't allow the player to do it. Grey out that character's icon on the equip skills/seals screen. Well yeah, but you wouldn't be able to use that character for any other mode. And that will make player's furious. The designers will be worried about you putting in a new character that can level up, or receive upgrades to their seal which happens outside the equip seals screen. For a Pause feature to be implemented, the designers need to set a LOT of new precedent that they're clearly unwilling to do now that we have three of this type of mode.

As I already stated in my original post, the roster is essentially locked in once the run begins, and it becomes secluded - uninfluenced by any changes made outside of the run. Change seals and weapons to your heart's content, but your units locked into the run won't be changing at all until you quit the run completely, free to try again from the start with any changes you've made. Is this unclear in the original post? If so, I can try to edit it to make this point more prominent.

Edited by Raven

• Squad Assault GHB Mode: Same rules as with Squad Assault. Your Team will be captured after the battle and you need to enter the next Battle with a different Unit. Same units cant be used twice. 3 different difficulties: Hard Lunatic Infernal. Your progression will be saved between each map so you dont have to restart from the beginning (but your used Teammates are still blocked)
    First Tier "Friendly Encounter": Map 1 Robin, Map 2 Navarre, Map 3 Xander, Map 4 Camus, Map 5 NEW map battling all 4 previous bosses at the same time with a new twist and some random units
    Second Tier "Wyvern Lords: Map 1 Narcian, Map 2 Michalis, Map 3 Valter, Map 4 NEW map encountering all 3 Wyvernlords at the same time wiht new twist and random poping units
    Third Tier "Assasins": Map 1 Ursula, Map 2 Lloyd, Map 3 Clarisse, Map 4 Legion, Map 5 NEW map encountering all 4 previous boss fights at the same time with a new twist
    Fourth Tier "Emperors": Map 1 Zephiel, Map 2 Berkut, Map 3 Arvis etc etc.
    Rewards: dont know, but it better be good for Infernal lol
  • Maps like the FEWarrior maps to grind out SP... omg they should bring something like that permanently back!
  • Judge maps: Special maps that are difficulty wise on the same level as GHB but have a twist! Each map has its own rule that prohibits the player from useing certain unit types or skills or change how the triangle cycle works or give special boosts to certain units. Example: Map 1, units prohibited from using: Cavalier units.

11 minutes ago, Raven said:

1. Squad Assault is a one-off thing; you earn nothing after first completion of each run. It is a nice challenge until you figure out a team that can successfully beat each map, at least. No real complaints about it from me.

2. Arena Assault is still becoming less and less popular, probably because people play it once in the week to get a decent score and to earn at least some feathers and coins, just to get it out of the way.

3. Story mode is the same thing as Chain Challenge to me; finish the chapters once for the orbs, no replay value. Even less replay value than Squad Assault, aside from monthly quests having you play some of them again for rewards. Paralogues come under this, too.

4. Chain Challenge is indeed a nice challenge and is probably the most rewarding part of the game outside of Tempest Trials, so no complaints there from me.

5. Arena bores me almost as much as Chain Challenge. I only do it because I get 4 orbs out of it each week, and I feel no incentive to play it otherwise.

6. Voting Gauntlet is...fine, I suppose? The premise for me is getting slightly boring, however. Choose a unit. Try to be online when higher multipliers come on. Win or lose. Rinse and repeat every 2 days until one of the units win. It lets you use other people's units, which they can expand upon in so many other ways outside of the Voting Gauntlet. Generous output of feathers, memes and salt, though, which is nice.

7. Tempest Trials - I think it's just as dull - if not moreso - than Voting Gauntlet. Replay these maps until you have earned all the rewards. Play Lunatic 7 twice a day for maximum bonus score earning, then auto Lunatic 5 for the rest of the day. Rinse and repeat until you're happy with your rank or the number of rewards you've picked up. Only difference between each TT is the...story, if you can call it that, and the bonus units which are based loosely around said story, but mostly off of the latest banners.

8. GHBs and BHBs are nice, I won't deny that. I do however find the BHB reruns to be a bit lacking, but thanks for the extra Orbs, at least.

- - -

Of course, the above is just my opinion and my feelings towards these modes. If people still find enjoyment from something, then of course, more power to them - I'm actually pretty jealous.

Seems like a contentment issue here

At some point, you get so far into the game that everything is just a grind (specifically gacha games). Even so, I am still happy and experience joy in TT when I truck everything with Nino heh

I enjoy helping people play the game, so with everything I beat I try to use it to help others having trouble. That also contributes to my general contentment with the game. 

But my point:

You listed 8 game modes. Not even counting quests that we get, and the fact that people actually, y'know, build units and whatnot to use/like.

15 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Maps like the FEWarrior maps to grind out SP... omg they should bring something like that permanently back!

Well currently their idea for training units is the ever-so-not-efficient Training Tower

They should add some other stratum that is just like the warriors maps, BUT it doesn't give badges/shards or whatever. Seems like a good trade-off

RIP Cam Hard map.... only 34 days old..... she was gone too soon ;-;

1 hour ago, Johann said:
  • Bottle up Stamina when you're at 99/99. This would be pretty nice on days when you can't or don't feel like playing, and save that stamina for the weekends, Tempests, etc.

I never realized how much I needed this until I saw it.

• I personally want them to remove the 3 Skill limit from Skill inheritance, as it is just such garbage, to have to give up Skills and units like that for only one or two skillsets at most.

• There could be a league or guild type of system, where players can chat with other players and compete against leagues in a similar fashion to voting gauntlets, where random units from the league's members are given to you to compete in battles and win. Of course there would be a language problem here, but I think players can take care of that by joining their leagues/guild that speak there respective language, maybe even a language tag/s with each one.

• I feel like a daily earnable 2 Orbs from doing various types of daily missions would be nice, in addition to the Monthly log-in bonuses. It's not like 14 orbs per week is that much compared to the gains from missions and monthly events. It can still take a lot of orbs and time for anyone to be able to summon anything good, so people, especially new players can at least get 4 star units to start working towards the level all the old players are in now. It will only help the old players slightly considering most of us have very powerful teams by now.
Edited by Logos

speaking of pausing in continuous modes, i'd really like a pause option for AA. that mode stresses me out the most and i'm too apprehensive to ever do it. the idea of being locked into 7 matches that actually require me to think a little bit is too much when i'm just trying to relax lol, i'd rather do it piecemeal. so like just between every match before you view the next map ask if you want to pause, that way there is no "cheating" (changing/inheriting skills and seals or leveling new units specifically for the map).

also i'd like a co-op mode but i haven't really thought about the specifics of it. i guess the basic premise is just completing maps with your friends, maybe 2 units from each person. i've always wanted co-op Fire Emblem to exist and used to try to 2-player it with my bud back in the day on RD, where we would "own" certain units. (spoiler alert it didn't work very well and we kept fighting over who gets who and what moves to make)

I really like the idea of infinite dungeon run. Especially as, on your first team of level 1 units, you could find them leveling up as fast as the enemies (if you allow them to gain EXP) and running through the first 30+ maps on a team that shouldn't have made it past level 2, and I can see that being great fun!

I think the enemies should grow as follows:

Levels 1-30: Units range from 1*LV 1 to 3* LV25, giving you a chance to watch your units grow at a nice rate.

Levels 31-50: Units range from 3* LV 20 to 4* LV 35, your first team will likely get outmatched at this point...

Levels 51-70: Units range from 4*LV33 to 5*LV 40. Basically, tempest trials.

Level 71 onwards: All the enemies are 5*LV 40+, and get stronger over time. Watch all your units die!

On 11/13/2017 at 8:47 AM, MrSmokestack said:

I would also like to see features that make use of the friends list. It is currently completely pointless outside of Voting Gauntlets, and the maximum friend cap is even more arbitrary. Being able to do something as simple as call in a friend support, like in some mobages, would suddenly make it a lot more useful.

I was theory crafting a mode that would kill multiple birds with one stone.  Interludes (kind of like FGO) to give units that do not currently have uninheritable things an uninheritable thing.  This way the older units are more than SI fodder or stat sticks.  Basically the idea would be that, to unlock it for an applicable unit, you must get their confession (so 5-star level 40).  Then a special map unlocks, wherein it's 3vX (X is based on the unit and map, but is fixed and not too difficult for reasons coming up).  Your 3 units would be a default 5-star, level 40 all skills learned version of that interlude's unit, the leader of your current team, and a friend's display unit of your choosing (to keep people from feeling the need to min/max their friends list).  Since the map is set to guarantee use that unit + the enemies, this would allow characters to get more lines for characterization.

Example: Selena.  She has no uninheritable, so she'd qualify.  For her map, let's say it's her, you, + friend vs Cordelia + Bride Cordelia.  Selena gets some lines with Cordelia here, and then she gets an uninheritable skill (doesn't have to be anything amazing, just something to give her a specialty).  Does not have to be restricted to weapons or B skills.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:51 AM, Arcanite said:

Just saying, but if they implement relying on other people to do things (guilds) in a single player game like this, I quit.  If I want to rely on other people to play a game, I'll play an actual multiplayer game or an MMO.

And while that's a "lot of modes" when you list it like that, when you look at the amount of time you actually spend doing them it does not equate to all that much.