Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

Here are the winners:

Xander- "You're going home—in pieces!"

Laslow - "Shall we dance?"

Peri - "Time to play!"

From Xander to a set with Xander Mobius, we now we move to a land of Holy Crusaders, for the lucky Poll 13 we have Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis! 

Sigurd-Special_1.png?itok=ocG6FghmDeirdre-Special.png?itok=_4ZGSiyiArvis-Special.png?itok=W5pL2Ojk

You can listen to the voices here under Special Skills:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sigurd/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Deirdre/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arvis/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Sigurd- "Raise your sword!" Sigurd has a very heroic voice, and I like how he's challenging the enemy by allowing them time to raise their weapon (and it's funny if the enemy is a tome user or something). "One strike will decide it all" is the other non-generic quote but I feel it's too long and doesn't have a good flow.

Deirdre- The lady of the forest has a very beautiful voice, but I think my pick is "Something is awakening..", because of the contrast of her beautiful and gentle voice with the fact there is something dark inside her. It's the right balance of determination but also caution. Honourable mentions to "I won't be left behind" because of her determination and "I'm sorry", while apologetic, is also very determined and fits her character.  

Arvis- Has the best special quotes in Heroes. Each and everyone is perfect for him, and Xander Mobius's delivery is perfection. So hard to choose one! Although "Hellfire upon you!" is the most fitting because of Valflame, I'm going with "I sentence you to death" for the perfect delivery, calm and then suddenly emphasising 'death'- and it's such an Arvis thing to say (I love his use of language). "For a better world." is a nice contrast and give his character an interesting dimension in terms of motives.

Edited by mcsilas

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigurd: “Raise your sword!” — a true knight, Sigurd will never attack his foe unannounced. I didn’t expect Grant George to voice Zigludo-chan-senpai-sama, but he works really well. I’d love it if he (and the rest of the Genealogy crew) returns for the inevitable remake.

Deirdre“Something is awakening…” — Deirdre’s heritage, the sole reason why she was forbidden to leave her forest retreat for long and especially to have a relationship, is breaking through sometimes, and Erica Mendez’s Deirdre is not a fan of that feeling.

Arvis“Hellfire upon you!” — you all knew it was coming. The best voice in Heroes, and the best line in Heroes. Xander Mobus welcomes you all to Belhalla. What a magnificent dastard.

Sigurd - "Raise your sword!" is a fantastic line and perfectly suited for someone who's portrayed as such a heroic character. I will second the opinion that Grant George's voice works really well.

Deirdre - "The darkness..." I've yet to hear the delivery of her lines, but I like both this and "something is awakening...". Isn't she cursed by her own blood or something? Pretty fitting.

Arvis - "Opposing me is treason.", like all of Arvis' lines, is perfectly executed, but I like how it's barely even a battle quote and more like he's stating facts.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Arvis“Hellfire upon you!” — you all knew it was coming. The best voice in Heroes, and the best line in Heroes. Xander Mobus welcomes you all to Belhalla. What a magnificent dastard.

Ah, I just realised I transitioned from Xander to a Xander Mobus character! Hooray for unintended segues!

Looks like this set will have the closest votes for a few characters. They really did great with the Holy War characters, in both art and speech.

Sigurd - “One strike will decide it all!” A solid one.

Deirdre - None of hers really stood out for me, sadly, but I guess I’ll go with “I won’t be left behind

Arvis - “Hellfire upon you!” Probably one one my favorite lines in the game. “Opposing me is treason” and “I sentence you to death” are excellent too.

I just want to vote for all of Sigurd's lines. His voice, character and art are just perfect. He's my favourite lord <3

Went for 'One strike will decide it all' because it feels like the strongest of his lines. 

I adore Arvis' voice and art in this game, too. Wish he wasn't so obsessed with Deirdre, character-wise but I like him otherwise. I went for 'For a better world' since it speaks to his intent, despite his methods. 

Deirdre... Eh, I really don't care for her character at all. I wouldn't have bothered voting but you have to. I went for 'The darkness...' since it sounds the most interesting, but eh. 

Sigurd: "Raise your sword" I feel like Sigurd's lines are carried by Grant George's voice work more than anything so this is the one that stood out the most for me

Deidre: "Something is Awakening" I like how the line spoken as if the sudden surge of power surprises even Deidre herself only to lead to her unleashing her monstrous attack

Arvis: "I sentence you to death" he sounds so slimy when he says it as if he's enjoying the fact he gets to put his foes in their place

Standouts I missed

Peri: "Killing is now" Peri sounds so like an absolute animal and accurately portrays how bloodthirsty she sounds when fighting it's fitting for a psychopath 

Kagero: "Absolute Annihilation" A complete shift in tone from all her other quotes and sounds genuinely intimidating if only she did more damage

Ryoma: "May your blood crust my blade" Harsh and intense sounding how an accomplished samurai should but I adore the fact that it serves as a contrast for Ryoma's personality on and off the battlefield

Here are the winners:

Sigurd- "One strike will decide it all!"  

Arvis - "Hellfire upon you!"

We have a tie for Deirdre between "Something is awakening..." and "The darkness...", so there will be another tiebreaker.

And now moving on to Poll #14 as we take a look at the central characters of Fire Emblem 14 - also known as Fates. It's Azura, Male Corrin and Female Corrin!

BtlFace_C_5.png?itok=IjIBSXdFFull_Special_Corrin_(M).png?itok=RkOMoicBtlFace_C_20.png?itok=NuMYZnVh

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Azura/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Corrin_(M)/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Corrin_(F)/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Azura-  "Time for your final bow." I just love how serene and thematically fitting this line is. It's a shame PA!Azura took her better lines from the games, but this is still a very solid line.

Male Corrin- "I choose...to stop you!" Corrin is from a game where choice is one of the central themes, so this and being the only line unique to him compared to the female Corrin, makes this my pick. Overall I find his lines a bit too gentle/not powerful enough in my opinion.

Female Corrin- "We won't give up!" A shame 3 out of the 4 lines are shared by her male counterpart, but I'm not that impressed by her unique "I won't surrender" because the performance feels lacking, in strength, at least compared to her version in other games (Fates/Warriors). So from what she has, she has the best delivery in "We won't give up!"

Azura“Time for your final bow!” — the only line fitting for a songstress and a performer, and the only one surviving from the source game, delivered masterfully by Rena Strober. If only I had Azura in my barracks…

Male Corrin“I’ve made my choice!” — as said before, the main theme of Fates is choice and responsibility for the consequences for that choice. A shame that the iconic “I won’t surrender!” didn’t make it into Heroes; Cam Clarke would make it work.

Female Corrin: “I won’t surrender!” — Marcella Lentz-Pope is for a reason associated with Corrin for me, her delivery is the most impressive among the other voice options, and her being chosen to voice Corrin in Heroes made me happy. This line embodies Corrin’s willpower and sense of duty and responsibility the best.

Here are the winners:

Azura- "Now for a showstopper!"

Male Corrin - "I've made my choice!"

Female Corrin - "I won't surrender!"

And the winner for Deirdre is "Something is awakening..." 

Now we move on to a set of fated siblings, Seliph, Julia and uhh...Olwen. She's in the same timeline at some point (Thracia happening in Geneaology 2nd gen) and has a sibling, right?  

BtlFace_C_78.png?itok=NxVqlqCLBtlFace_C_35.png?itok=QyivYdAeFull_Special_Olwen.png?itok=CYtXuiDD

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Seliph/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Julia/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Olwen/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Seliph- "With all my strength!" Sounds strong and sincerely heroic. I like the use of 'yield' in "I will never yield!" but I feel more inspired with Seliph's first quote. "Until the end!" also has a nice delivery.

Julia- "May the gods protect you!" A very fitting quote as she unleashes a dragon of light against the enemy dragons and dreaded Reinhardts. I also really like her voice in "Away with you!" but I guess the actual quote doesn't really say much character-wise

Olwen- "You scum!" Easy choice because of delivery and being memorable. Like Arvis, I really like all of her quotes, and I like her VA's strong voice throughout all her lines, with "You won't get past me!" being a solid second choice. Also can I say her special art is one of the prettiest I've seen? Lief and company's absence already messing up my groups

@KongDude Yeah Axura gets all the good lines.

Edited by mcsilas

Seliph“I will never yield!” — a fugitive rebel prince, Seliph faces hardships and oppression and never despairs in his quest. He truly never yields, and Christian La Monte’s delivery shows Seliph’s determination.

Julia: “I… I remember!” — a shy amnesiac girl with tremendous concealed power, Julia is at first afraid to lend her help to Seliph because of uncanny feeling of danger. Eventually, she remembers who she actually is and acquires courage to stand for those close to her. Cassandra Lee Morris is amazing as Julia.

Olwen“I’ll protect all who need it!” — a young mage knight in service of Friege, Olwen suffers crisis of devotion when it is revealed that the Gelbenritter hunt children on orders of the Imperial Prince, and her brother silently condones it. After she defects to Leif’s side, she stands her ground in favour if the oppressed, and Erin Fitzgerald’s acting shows it perfectly.

And here are your picks:

Seliph- "I will never yield!"

Julia - "I'll fight... I will!"

Olwen - "You scum!"

Now we move on to a new slate, with the mysterious Katarina, Legion and Clarisse!

BtlFace_C_38.png?itok=WLlA1lpEFull_Special_Legion.png?itok=2Rw6Zo7uBtlFace_C_17.png?itok=pXlKei-9

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Katarina/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Legion/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Clarisse/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Katarina- "I've come to finish you." I love the frailty in her voice lines, and you can hear the delicacy while being determined to do her job. From what I've read, I feel like this line sums up her role in the story- even in the Heroes context, she betrays Sharena at first and has to finish the Askr group but there is a hint of not wanting to do it. Very close second is "I will defeat you!" for her pure determination, but I guess the chosen quote gives a bit more dimension. Great delivery for all lines and I love hearing the clarity of her voice quality while still maintaining Katarina's personality

Legion- "Moreses, moreses, moreses!" Simply, uniquely Legion. Even when read, you can't mistake this for anyone else. VERY close second is his 'Mwa ha ha!" laugh because it's such a veeeerrrrry good laugh.

Clarisse- "You filth!" You can feel the strength of her hatred and disdain. Right after Olwen's winning 'You scum!", Clarisse takes this further with an unforgettable quote with the perfect delivery and emphasis on filth.

Katarina“Sorry to do this…” — even though it’s an apologetic quote alright, it makes sense for Katarina to be reluctant even as a trained assassin. She is full of doubt after having befriended Kris and the 7th Platoon, and can’t forgive herself for betraying their trust. Kira Buckland-voiced Phina when?

Legion“Moreses, moreses, moreses!” — thises lineses is the embodimentses of ehat the Masked Maniacses would say. Christopher Corey Smith at his highest here.

Clarisse“I’ll put you out of your misery.” — this line is the most tragically ironical, considering that OTL Clarisse is denied misery to die from her wounds in Katarina’s arms, not allowed to get treated. Cassandra Lee Morris plays our favourite tsundere archer perfectly.

Aaaah. Them. I like them.

Katarina : "I've come to finish you !" is just perfect for her.

Legion : "Mwaa ha ha!" or rather "Mwee he he!". His laugh is just... Well, to summarize it, take @mcsilas explanation, even if for me, "Moreses, moreses, moreses!" is the close second one.

Clarisse : "You filth". I love Clarisse, I love her voice actress.. I love this line.

I just can't bring myself to care much about these characters, although Legion's lines are definitely the most fun. 

I went for 'Fight, Fight, Fight' for him because the way he says it is superb, although the crazy laughter is also brilliant. All of his lines are great to listen to :) 

12 hours ago, Ledrert said:

Aaaah. Them. I like them.

Katarina : "I've come to finish you !" is just perfect for her.

Legion : "Mwaa ha ha!" or rather "Mwee he he!". His laugh is just... Well, to summarize it, take @mcsilas explanation, even if for me, "Moreses, moreses, moreses!" is the close second one.

Clarisse : "You filth". I love Clarisse, I love her voice actress.. I love this line.

It's such a hearty evil laugh and I don't know why but I get inspired by it strangely enough

I love the laugh lines overall

Oh, I love these guys! 

Katarina - “It’s time to end this!” So much emotion here.

Legion - “Mwaa ha ha!” Legion’s lines, as humorous as they are, are fairly repetitive. It’s the one time a laugh tends to stand out, and Chris Smith does a good job at sounding like a lunatic.

Clarisse - “You filth!” It was between this and “Now, die!”. 

This is the first time I've heard Katarina's lines... :(

Katarina: "It's time to end this!" It was a very close call between this one and "I've come to finish you," they both have really great delivery that show a bit of depth as well. But it almost sounds like she gets caught on saying "end," like she's having doubts about what she's about to do, and that fits her tragic character so perfectly. All of her lines are so good though...

Legion: "Moreses! Moreses! Moreses!" All of his lines are kinda similar unfortunately, although it fits him in a way. This one just had a more dynamic delivery to me, so it wins out.

Clarisse: "I'll put you out of your misery." Its an even closer call between this and "Now die," I adore the delivery on both. They both are said with an almost aggressively somber tone, which fits her role in the game very well. I'll go with the misery one though, since it's a bit more memorable to me, and has a closer connection to her fate in the story.

Morses, Moreses, Morses has to be one of my favourite special lines in the game because the delivery is just so crazed and it fits perfectly. 

Katarina sounds on the verge of tears when she says, "Its time to end this." which fits so well with her character
The website didn't want to play any of Clarisses quotes so I will go with one I remember her saying 

And the winners are:

Katarina"It's time to end this!"

Legion - "Moreses, moreses, moreses!"

Clarisse - "You filth!"

Now we return to Tellius, were we have a look at the characters representing the different regions in the continent- it's Elincia, The Black Knight and Sanaki!

elincia-special.png?itok=cj5UZ4XABlack-Knight-special.png?itok=49mMObcZBtlFace_C_75.png?itok=zcDybH-Y

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Elincia/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Black_Knight/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sanaki/Quotes

------------------

My picks:

Elincia- "A thrashing for you!" I really like how she says thrashing, it makes the quote quite memorable, even though "We will fight if we must" probably fits her character better. Whenever I see this quote though, I clearly connect it to Elincia, so this one wins for me.

Black Knight- "Will you survive?" - Words you don't want to hear when you face the BK with a charged Black Luna. It's just the perfect quote as you realise someone is going to take some big damage. 

Sanaki- "What treachery!" I like to think she says this at the Begnion council members. There's just something satisfying about this quote after you hear the special activation sound effect (maybe the slow Cymbelline animation creates the perfect buildup). This is as close as to Radiant Dawn representation we will get in a while though...

Elincia“A thrashing for you!” — Elincia couldn’t wait for Ike and co. to give the enemies a sound thrashing, so she had to take the matter in her own hands. And take the matter she did, as delivered by Amanda Miller.

Black Knight: “Fool.” — an actually menacing mysterious foe doesn’t need long and winded speeches to intimidate. I didn’t expect the Black Knight to be voiced by Robert Clotworthy, but it was a good choice.

Sanaki“What treachery!” — the Empress-Apostle of Begnion has little patience for anyone insulting her honour or disrespecting her justice and authority. We certainly need Erin Fitzgerald to voice more characters!

And your picks are:

Elincia"A thrashing for you!"

Black Knight - "Know your place."

Sanaki - "I won't tolerate this!"

Moving on from Crimea's flying princess to Macedon's flying princess and her siblings it's Minerva, Maria and Michalis! 

BtlFace_C_48.png?itok=eRgrgo1sFull_Special_Maria.png?itok=573E223KBtlFace_C_44.png?itok=YYo68dzq

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Minerva/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Maria/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Michalis/Quotes#English

------------------

My picks:

Minerva- "Face me, coward!" for that heroic, brave and taunting quote. Very CLOSE second is "Make peace with your gods." as it's probably the closest we'll get to Frederick's awesome "Pick a god and pray" quote. Honourable mention to ""I will end this swiftly." for referencing Hauteclere's lowered cooldown effect :P But really ALL of her quotes are great, and her VA's voicework is perfect and fits minerva.

Maria- Very close pick but I choose "Just like Michalis" for showing us how it's pronounced, and adds emotion with how she feels about Michalis, which makes me intrigued about their relationship.  As much as I'm more biased to Minerva's awesomeness and the "Just like Minerva!" quote, the Michalis quote creates more intrigue.

Michalis- "Consider this an honor, insect." Easy pick, this quote just screams Michalis to me when I hear it.

@SilvertheShadow here's your awaited group :)

Edited by mcsilas

Minerva“Face me, coward!” — the princess of Macedon lives and dies on the battlefield. Even though she is installed as regent of Macedon after the War of Shadows, her element is still fight, and Cindy Robinson’s delivery shows it.

Maria“Just like Minerva!” — just like Minerva, Maria is eager to fight on the side of good. Unfortunately, they missed the chance to resurrect “No protesting!”  as her catchphrase, so this will do instead. I’m also planning to reclass her into a peg → dracoknight in my next SD run, so one more point in favour of Wendee Lee’s line.

Michalis“Consider this an honour, insect!” — proud and arrogant, king of Macedon despises ambitionless scum. To face him in combat will always be great honour for a warrior, and Michalis never holds back. Neither does David Vincent, whose Michalis is polar opposite to his calm and composed Robin. What a metamorphosis.

I didn't like Michalis' voice when I first heard it, since it felt too over the top, but it grew on me more and more as I kept using him... and poking him. 

Had to go for 'consider this an honour, insect'. It's just the most Michalis and such a good line for him :D