Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

I abstained from the last two because I didn't want to vote for anything positive for either Est or Faye (I really dislike both those characters, even though I like the other characters with them)

For this round:

Fjorm - 'You won't get past me' - Strong, determined. I really like the way she says this :)

Veronica - 'I have no use for you' - It just really reminds me of the chapter where she tells Ephraim she'll make him kill Eirika. This is the Veronica that's totally possessed and it really suits for that. I kinda hope they change her voice lines if we ever get to recruit her.

Bruno - 'This matter is closed' - Again, I love the way he says it. Strong and decisive. I feel like his voice lines would still work if we ever get to recruit him.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the winners are:

Fjorm"You won't get past me!"

Veronica - "I have no use for you."  

Bruno"Curse me all you like."

So let's move on to some characters from Awakening who resided or originated in the continent of Valm (or Valentia if you want to reference Echoes)- It's Virion, Cherche and Adult Tiki!

Full_Special_Virion.png?itok=X4adtLhGFull_Special_Cherche.png?itok=shRDEXDCBtlFace_C_104.png?itok=X7QwMSau

You can listen to the voices here under Special Skills:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Virion/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Cherche/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Tiki_(Adult)/Quotes#English

Anyway, my picks:

Virion- "Die with magnificence!" That pronunciation of magnificence with that fluorish totally screams Virion, and there's no denying this has the most character. Love or hate Virion, this one is perfect for the archest of archers.

Cherche- "Rest in pieces." It was between this and "Snack time Minerva!" (bonus points if Minerva is a teammate), although I like the seriousness and catchiness of this one more. I love the voice of this strong wyvern maiden.

Adult Tiki- "Breath of the Divine Dragon!" British Tiki adds a sense of class and wisdom with this quote. This quote shines even more now especially with the new weapon forges! Shoutout to "Sleep well" because of her sleepy nature. Admittedly, I do like her more quieter voice back in Awakening though, but this quote really fits either way.

-------

21 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I abstained from the last two because I didn't want to vote for anything positive for either Est or Faye (I really dislike both those characters, even though I like the other characters with them)

For this round:

Fjorm - 'You won't get past me' - Strong, determined. I really like the way she says this :)

Veronica - 'I have no use for you' - It just really reminds me of the chapter where she tells Ephraim she'll make him kill Eirika. This is the Veronica that's totally possessed and it really suits for that. I kinda hope they change her voice lines if we ever get to recruit her.

Bruno - 'This matter is closed' - Again, I love the way he says it. Strong and decisive. I feel like his voice lines would still work if we ever get to recruit him.

That's a shame, maybe just vote for the other two that you don't dislike at least? Always interested to see your opinions :)

@Thany Yeah it's interesting to hear those lines from Veronica even though she's this little short villain haha

Edited by mcsilas

It’s almost impossible to choose a favorite Virion line. My Awakening husband is perfection. And so is his VA. Heh heh. But “One for the bards!” seemed fitting. ...and totally has nothing to do with my DnD character being a bard....totally....

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

That's a shame, maybe just vote for the other two that you don't dislike at least? Always interested to see your opinions :)

You can't vote unless you vote for all.

I can see what I would have picked when I get home tonight, though. Can't remember their quotes off the top of my head. I do really like Palla, tbf :) Abel x Palla otp!

Virion - I love his voice :D I went for 'One for the bards' because it feels like a cross between gloating and wanting to create poetry, both of which fit with someone as elegant as Virion :) I do rather like to pair him with Cherche, as obvious as it may seem. I feel she reins him in xD

Cherche - One of my favourite Heroes women. Still hate her armour. 'Snack time Minerva' was a clear winner for me. Shows her love of the wyvern and it's said in such a sing-song, jovial way that it makes me smile each time :D

Adult Tiki - Eh... Not so keen on her accent. It always sounds kinda forced to me (though younger Tiki's voice seems worse). Cue someone telling me it's the person's natural accent or something xD. I went for 'This might be unpleasant' because I like the way she says that :D It makes me think of her just nomming down on enemies xD

That's a point... Volug actually muses about eating people in one of his lines in RD (it was translated from the old speech). I really hope they keep that in if he ever gets into this game xD

Edited by Cute Chao

Virion"Die with magnificence!"

Cherche - "Snack time, Minerva!" 

Adult Tiki"Breath of the Divine Dragon!"

And now we move to Elibe, where we take a look at Klein, his sister Clarine and the Ostian Knight Gwendolyn!

BtlFace_C_39.png?itok=NTLxjR4zBtlFace_C_16.png?itok=iym5Y3sUBtlFace_C_30.png?itok=swebhztf

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Klein/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Clarine/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Gwendolyn/Quotes#English

My picks:

Klein- "At this range..." Fitting for an archer although to be honest his quotes are kind of generic. "Such foolishness" is also good but the other pick fits his archer class better and the fact he trails off makes for a greater build up when activating the special.

Clarine- "Prepare to be dazzled!" I like the word dazzled and it fits her special art. "Such insolence" is a close second because it's very....her.

Gwendolyn-"I refuse to lose!" has really great buildup, and goes well with the animation and sound effect of activating a special. Very defiant voice acting. VERY close second is "With all my might!" and  "A knight must never fall!" - yes they are so good, they tie. To be honest, all of her quotes are excellent, great job to Cherami Leigh, I can see why @Vaximillian is such a big fan. 

• Klein: I voted for "Now, my turn." But honestly, all of 'em are underwhelming. Not the voice actors fault, but the people writing the quotes.
  • Gwendolyn: "A knight must never fall!" I think this is an easy win, but Leigh's voice acting for all the quotes was phenomenal. 
  • Clarine: "Prepare to be dazzled!" The most fitting for her character. 

Klein - I sort of agree with the person above that the lines themselves are meh, but I think the VA does a good job with them :) I went for 'Such foolishness', since I feel he says this with a touch of upper class haughtiness, which I like. I know it's probably more confidence in his skills, but it does suit him :) 

Clarine - 'What insolence' - Sort of like Klein above, it's that touch of haughtiness that really does it for me. I think this line suits Clarine more than the rest for that reason. 

Gwen - 'A knight must never fall'. Interestingly, she was my first 5* due to the original armour quest and the fact I only had her and three Draugs (I then went on to pull a Sheena who helped me complete the quest back then. Now, Hector and BK do all the work, although Gwen and Sheena provide support, and will do until I finish off decking out my Halloween units :) ). I went for this one because it's so determined, and the fact that she did do a lot to help me through that original quest, so it feels like it most suits her :) 

Klein"Such foolishness."

Clarine - "Prepare to be dazzled!"

Gwendolyn"A knight must never fall!"

And now we take a look at an earlier time in Elibe, where one of the participants fought valiantly in the current gauntlet- it's Raven, Lucius and Priscilla!

BtlFace_C_67.png?itok=uBoEU9kdBtlFace_C_45.png?itok=FaUkjPGTBtlFace_C_63.png?itok=IssxILt-

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Raven/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lucius/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Priscilla/Quotes#English

My picks:

Raven- "Be silent." His quotes are edgy and have an aggressive yet whispering tone. I like the way his voice sounds in "Be silent" the most but I also like "Foes must fall." for the alliteration, "Settle down." for the words used and "Now, my turn" for the anger in his voice. 

Lucius- "Hands, stained with blood!" I like the darkness of this quote in contrast to his very holy and dazzling appearance. Easy pick.

Priscilla-"I'll ease your pain." A great example of how the same quote can change with a different tone. This quote right here is why I really wish healers actually have special attacks to use these quotes.

Edited by mcsilas

Yay!! Some of my favorite people!!! I'll actually talk about all of them. 

"Be silent!" is a good quote for Raven. Kind of aggressive but not in a hot-headed meat-head kind of way. But there's definitely rage and impatience for sure.

I love all of Lucius's quotes. Then again, I just love his character. He's a bright light with a dark secret, and I think that's what I love about him the most. He wasn't treated well, and here he is with this gruff mercenary who probably treats him better than most people ever have. ;A; I want to choose "May belief be enough!" because I mean...he's "The Light" and it seems fitting. But "Hands, stained with blood" is delivered so well, and it kind of adds another layer to his character. 

Gotta' love Priscilla. XD Her lines aren't my favorite, but I love the sassiness in "I'll ease your pain." Looks like lord brother is starting to rub off on her.

I’m just going to say this: Priscilla’s usual “I’ll ease your pain!” and special “I’ll ease your pain!” are two drastically different lines in delivery and attitude, and this is amazing how well Marcella Lentz-Pope does both. Not by Corrin alone!

I think these have some of the best lines, especially Lucius and Priscilla. 

Raven - 'Foes must fall' - I love the determined way in which he says this. No one will be left standing in front of him :D

Lucius - 'Hands... Stained with blood' - This makes me think of one of my favourite movies - Watership Down. There's a moment where Fiver, who can see the future, is standing in front of a field and seeing a future in which humans destroy their warren (they're rabbits). The vision he sees is the sun melting to the ground and filling the field with blood. It's such a haunting, strong image. This evokes that, to me, with the sort of character he is and the way he says it. 

Priscilla - 'I'll ease your pain' - I think it's absolutely amazing that she has this line twice - one when healing and once unused for some kind of attack, but they both have such a different meaning just based on the stresses of the word. This one pretty much shows she'll ease their pain... by obliterating them! It's such a well spoken line and from one normally so meek. 

And here are your picks:

Raven"Be silent."

Lucius - "Hands, stained with blood!"

Priscilla"I'll ease your pain."

Moving on, we go back to Hoshido, were we take a look at the flying princess Hinoka and her two eccentric retainers Azama and Setsuna!

Full_Special_Hinoka.png?itok=nAtOoVYBFull_Special_Azama.png?itok=9FGVMyQLBtlFace_C_83.png?itok=f1YvTFYq

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Hinoka/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Azama/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Setsuna/Quotes#English

My picks:

Hinoka- "Clear the way!" She doesn't really have that good quotes, but this one felt the most 'pegasus knight-like' and isn't as squeaky. "I can do this" is okay as well, although even more generic as quote.

Azama- "Death comes for everyone." Best healer quote ever (or at least a close tie with Priscilla). Easy win. Offensive special for Azama when? Love Matt Mercer's trolling voice for this guy, and it's such a nonchalant 'Azama' line.

Setsuna- "Look, a butterfly." It's random, but it sure is unique- and well I guess it does fit Setsuna. Second choice would be "I won't lose!" because she actually sounds serious and full of drive. Not bad for the archer who suddenly promotes/gets a shoulder guard in her special art.

Edited by mcsilas

Fun fact, I for a long time thought that Setsuna’s “Look, a butterfly!” line belonged to Fae. I’m stupid like that.

Anyway, let’s mosey.

Hinoka“I won’t lose!” — maybe Elizabeth Daily was better as Hinoka in Fates, I won’t argue one way or other, Cindy Robinson does it rather well in Heroes. The line embodies determination for success that is a character trait for Hinoka.

Azama“Death comes for everyone!” — oh, look, this guy. Amazingly voiced by Matthew Mercer of all people. Azama might be a huge jerk, but I’ll be damned if he doesn’t sound great. He isn’t the ripper, he merely paves the way for him with his Pain staff. Screw you for all the Pain in the tempest, Azama.

Setsuna“Hey, you’re my prey!” — come on, it’s the archer girl who suddenly grows a shoulderpad when it’s time to turn that 0×4 into somewhat more meaningful. Julianne Alexander again does amazing job with the absent-minded but capable of focusing for a moment when it actually matters Setsuna. Her post-win quote in Fates “Victory, victory!” makes me cringe though. Not that anyone cared.

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Setsuna“Hey, you’re my prey!” — come on, it’s the archer girl who suddenly grows a shoulderpad when it’s time to turn that 0×4 into somewhat more meaningful. Julianne Alexander again does amazing job with the absent-minded but capable of focusing for a moment when it actually matters Setsuna. Her post-win quote in Fates “Victory, victory!” makes me cringe though. Not that anyone cared.

To be fair I didn't really care much for Setsuna in Fates (maybe part of it is her sprite or the fact Takukmi overshadows her in every way?). She sounds too sleepy - I feel they exaggerated it too much in terms of voice direction.

Her performance in Heroes at least makes me warm up to her a bit better. She already sounds a lot livelier in the butterfly line (Yeah, Fae would totally say that!). I think the art also makes her character look better as well, so I get more of an appeal for her here. So yeah, good job Heroes!

@Thany Don't worry, I'll ping you when it's her turn then :)

Hinoka - 'I won't lose' - she's the most determined of the royals when it comes to fighting, so I feel this line suits her the most. Shows her confidence in her skills.

Azama - 'Death comes for everyone' - It's just said in such a lighthearted manner despite the threat. It's just so Azama xD

Setsuna - 'Look, a butterfly' - I just don't imagine any of the other lines suiting her. They're said well, but they're just not Setsuna. I can imagine her shooting someone's lights out while distracted by the butterfly xD

Hinoka- “Here to help!” I like her delivery here. 

Disco Brock - “Death comes for everyone” Easily his most distinctive line.

Setsuna - “Look, a butterfly!” Same with Disco Brock.

Here are the winners!

Azama - "Death comes for everyone."

Setsuna""Look! A butterfly!""

Hinoka- has a first with a three-way tie: between "I won't lose!", "Clear the way!" and "Here to help." So tiebreaker it is.

Now we move to the land of Nohr, where we take a look at the all female group of Camilla and her retainers, Selena and Beruka!

BtlFace_C_13.png?itok=06Mtkn-hBtlFace_C_77.png?itok=A829sx7GBtlFace_C_8.png?itok=4SzOFAp0

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Camilla/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Selena/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Beruka/Quotes#English

My picks:

Camilla- "Sweet dreams." I find that the other lines are a bit too 'try-hard' so this one was the most balanced. Really prefer Japanese Camilla's voice lines since I don't like how English Camilla's voice has been directed to be forcefully sexy. (Not saying the VA is bad though, just not a fan of the directing).

Selena- "Loser!" There's something a bit off with Heroes Selena...maybe it's a bit rushed/higher pitched than normal? A bit younger? "Loser" captures her harshness very well though (ironically Selena is more mellow than before). Second choice would be "I've had enough!" but I just can't help compare it to the Fates version which was more interesting.

Beruka- "Finishing the mission." All of Beruka's lines are AMAZING. This one edges out the others because it shows her professional assassin side the best. "I will exterminate you!" is also as amazing, you can feel the emotion in the acting (I mean Beruka is usually emotionless but I just love her VA here!). Shoutout to "Time to play!" as the best version of the shared quote...it just doesn't suit her AS much because well, I don't really see a professional assassin like her playing around with her target. Spectacular voice acting all around!

If you ever don't want to vote for one of the characters you can always post on the thread and I'll count it manually!

Edited by mcsilas

Camilla - 'You've been naughty' - I think this one fits with her sort of twisted motherly nature. I actually don't mind her character - I just wish they didn't put her in a stupid thong armour thing. It's even more distracting than the stupid boob window.

Selena - 'I've had enough' - she's reached the end of her tether and it's about to get real...

Beruka - 'I will exterminate you' - I do really like her line here :D I love the way it's said.

Interestingly, I really don't like their shared line. It doesn't seem right for Selena or Beruka. It sounds okay for Camilla, but I don't really like it for the other two.

31 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Moving on, we go back to Hoshido, were we take a look at the flying princess Hinoka and her two eccentric retainers Azama and Setsuna!

Not in Kansas anymore, chief!

Camilla“Sweet dreams.” — classic Camilla’s line, nothing to add or take here. It both amuses and bothers me at the same time that Misty Lee’s Ursula shares this same line for no reason other than Ursula has a similar… erm… body type to Camilla, apparently.

Selena“Loser!” — classic Selena, the same haughty and better-than-you twintail redhead tsundere we all know and love since Awakening. Julie Ann Taylor manages to play both the mother and the daughter amazingly.

Beruka“Finishing the mission.” — classic Beruka line, yada yada. If I didn’t know for sure that the voice actress for Tharja is Beruka too, I would have never believed it. The cutest wyvern-riding assassin to ever ride a wyvern has an unmistakeable personality thanks to Stephanie Sheh’s delivery. Best in Nohr? Best in Nohr.

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Beruka“Finishing the mission.” — classic Beruka line, yada yada. If I didn’t know for sure that the voice actress for Tharja is Beruka too, I would have never believed it. The cutest wyvern-riding assassin to ever ride a wyvern has an unmistakeable personality thanks to Stephanie Sheh’s delivery. Best in Nohr? Best in Nohr.

Beruka best Nohr wyvern girl.

But yes, another point I forgot is how strong Beruka's voice is which is a complete contrast to her silent demeanour.

Thanks, fixed the text.

Also, huh never noticed the Ursula thing. At least she has a lot more interesting lines to choose from.

@Cute Chao You know what, I actually like Camilla's hair the most! :D She has a nice colour scheme at least as well

@SilvertheShadow Ah thanks, I thought I already pasted the quote. Well she does hit like a healer when not having an activated special

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Beruka best Nohr wyvern girl.

Also, huh never noticed the Ursula thing. At least she has a lot more interesting lines to choose from.

And Selena best technically-Nohr-but-not-really merc girl.

Thank goodness Titania sounds completely different and not sultry like Camilla or Ursula. However, hearing Titania wishing sweet dreams would have been amusing.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Setsuna"I'll ease your pain."

Uhhhhhhhh, is it just me or did Setsuna steal Priscilla's quote from the last round?

I voted btw but I don't feel bothered to post explanations this time.

And here are your picks!

Selena - "Loser!"

Beruka"Finishing the mission."

Interestingly, just her Hoshidan counterpart, Camilla has a three way tie! It's between "Time to play!", "Sweet dreams." and "You've been naughty."

Hinoka also has another tie, although now we've narrowed it down to "Clear the way!" and "Here to help!" so we'll do a final tie-breaker.

Now we move back to a set of trailblazing cavaliers who start setting the trends for future character archetypes- it's the veteran Jagen and the original Christmas Knight cavalier duo Cain and Abel!

680px-Full_Special_Jagen.png?version=20c25b2402a9477531723bcb3fcadf79BtlFace_C_12.png?itok=MmUeCBlWBtlFace_C.png?itok=rKvlbSA6

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Jagen/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Cain/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Abel/Quotes

My picks:

Jagen- "Do not turn your back on me!" Logic goes I should go with "For Prince Marth!" (which is also very well voiced with the stressed words) because it suits his character but I just REALLY like how strong the VA is with "Do not turn your back on me!". It's so challenging and daring, not bad for a seasoned veteran.

Cain- "Ha! Gored by the horns!" Whenever I hear this- I just think of the Red Bull (that gives you Wings...of Mercy). I just love how Cain gets a fun and really likeable voice, it's always nice hearing his lines. Plus points for the perfect metaphor. VERY close second is "Prepare to be vanquished!" because I love the word vanquished, although "Gored by the horns" just fits Cain's title so much more.

Abel- "Make your peace." His quotes are a bit tamer than Cain's but I di like that small raspiness in his voice when he says "peace". (Also really impressed with the lighting in Abel's special art!)

Speaking of, they all similar diagonal poses in their art!