Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

Yaaay, we've reached some of my favourites :D Cain and Abel are the starts of my most favourite of archetypes - one of which I have no disliked members ^.^

Cain - 'Gored by the horns' - This quote just sticks with you. He has such a jovial, confident voice. It really makes me smile :D I like all his lines, though. He has such a well fitting VA :D

Abel - While he is much gentler and reserved than his companion, he's not to be ignored. 'No mercy' shows he means business. Again, I just love his VA. He contrasts so well with Cain :D

Jagen - 'Do not turn your back on me' - He may be old, but don't underestimate him... even though he sucks...

Seriously, this guy was so hard to train. I do like this quote, though ^.^''

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the chosen ones are:

Jagen - "Do not turn your back on me!"

Cain"Ha! Gored by the horns!"

Abel"Make your peace."

Hinoka has "Clear the way!" as her winning quote, while Camilla will have another tiebreaker to narrow it down (just like Hinoka!) between "Time to play!" and "Sweet dreams."

Now we move to Jugdral where we take a look at some characters with peculiar sibling bonds- it's Eldigan, Lachesis and Reinhardt!

Full_Special_Eldigan.png?itok=m_jEu7PPFull_Special_Lachesis.png?itok=bUBSoa9iBtlFace_C_71.png?itok=IBEQtzed

You can listen to the voices here under Special Skills:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Eldigan/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lachesis/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Reinhardt/Quotes#English

My picks:

Eldigan- "Yield or perish!" I just really love the words used in this quote- "By Mystletainn!" fits him very much but I don't like how Greg Chun prolonged the "By" so it feels strange to hear on its own/

Lachesis- "Cease this nonsense." I love her VA, I just wish she had better art! I love a lot of her lines actually, but this one feels like it represents her more. Shoutout to "Sincere apologies" for being one of the best 'apologetic' quotes and you can feel that she is looking down on you with a smile as she says it,

Reinhardt- "Magic is everything!" It can't be anything else really- when you face this guy, you will know face the true fear that is the brave magic tome. That said, I like the way he says "I'll give it my all" as well.

Oh I missed a few may as well put my two cents in on two of my favourite Nohr characters, I don't particularly like any of Selena's critical lines because I think the same lines are emphasised better in fates, I like Berukas "This is over". 
Jaegens "Don't turn your back on me" is just so powerful that it must be mentioned

Yaaay! Two of my favourites... and Lachesis.

Eldigan - 'I will finish you' - I just love how harsh his voice is here. Your end is nigh. I do really like all of his lines, though. I really like his VA :)

Reinhardt - 'Magic is everything'. Seriously, will anyone pick anything else? This line is pretty much iconic now xD I do love all of his lines but this is just his line. I adore his VA for him and Seth (I don't think he voices anyone else yet but I could be wrong).

Lachesis - 'You swine' - Priggish and perfect. It really suits Lachesis. I actually do like her VA and had originally looked forward to seeing her added. Her art is just so awful though that I can't bring myself to use her. I hate her attacking/healing art the most, with its ridiculous bow leg stupidness, not to mention the overall ridiculous moe that I don't like at the best of times, but really doesn't suit her here. But a good VA, at least -.-

15 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Reinhardt - <..> (I don't think he voices anyone else yet but I could be wrong).

Lachesis - <..> I hate her attacking/healing art the most, with its ridiculous bow leg stupidness

Beside Reinhardt and Seth, Christopher Corey Smith also voices Legion. (And Slayde in SoV.)

True to the source, unfortunately:
Bs_fe04_lachesis_princess_sword.png The Y-shaped legs for women are infamous characteristic feature of Genealogy.

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Beside Reinhardt and Seth, Christopher Corey Smith also voices Legion. (And Slayde in SoV.)

True to the source, unfortunately:
Bs_fe04_lachesis_princess_sword.png The Y-shaped legs for women are infamous characteristic feature of Genealogy.

I know it's true to source, but I hated it there and I hate it even more here. The Y-shape is painful and stupid. It's an anime feature, I find, that just makes me wince >.< I hate that they've really exaggerated it in her art, too, especially when combined with the moe.

Ahhh, thanks. He's great for Legion, too :D

And here are your picks:

Eldigan - "By Mystletainn!"

Lachesis "You swine."

Reinhardt"Magic is everything!"

Camilla - "Time to play!"

Now we back to Valentia, where we take a look Celica's allies during her journey- it's Saber, Genny and Leon!

Full_Special_Saber.png?itok=aQ3QaWZ6Full_Special_Genny.png?itok=mUF3CZEHFull_Special_Leon.png?itok=x4GmiOwH

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Saber/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Genny/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Leon/Quotes#English

My picks:

Saber- "You don't know when to quit!" Keith's a perfect voice for Saber and you can tell Saber is a very experienced mercenary from his lines. Somehow I always connect Saber to complaining about Celica's actions (which is a good thing, being the voice of reason and the team dad), so him complaining about the enemy suits him!

Genny- "I do not like you!" Sheep girl is angry- and that raspiness in her voice during the line really adds to the effect. Now fear her Wrathful Staff!

Leon- "Excuse me?" Leon's VA totally nails the delivery of everyone's favourite sassy archer. It's just so Leon. Close second is "Hands off!"

@Zeo To be honest, I connect that line to Hinoka when she enter battle and not exactly a battle quote. Also I still don't have special fodder for Hinoka

Yaaay Saber! You're right that he has the perfect voice. It's what made him into one of my favourite characters :D

Saber - 'You don't know when to quit' - Just perfect delivery, although I love his other lines, too.

Genny - 'Now I'm angry' - You don't want to make a sheep angry. They turn big and green and---- oh wait, that's the Hulk...

Leon - I love his voice in this game. I went with 'Get lost' because I love the way he says it. I do like all his lines, though. They're nothing fancy but they're all said in the perfect manner for him :D

And here are your picks:

Saber - "You don't know when to quit!"

Genny "I do not like you!"

Leon"Excuse me?"

Now we look at Alm's allies who are all part of the Deliverance, and coincidentally all wield lances- it's Lukas, Clive and Mathilda!

BtlFace_C_47.png?itok=ELE6CO8LBtlFace_C_18.png?itok=GyINkYgiFull_Special_Mathilda.png?itok=r-2V-0Qq

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lukas/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Clive/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Mathilda/Quotes#English

My picks:

Lukas- "Pray this ends quick!" Greg Chun's voice is perfect for Lukas, and even in his special line he still has the essence of politeness. Shoutout to "They never learn" for being slightly mocking while saying in his smooth, gentle and calm voice. Also like "This is farewell" because the words use are so Lukas- polite, educated and respectful.

Clive- "In the name of Zofia!" Easy choice, it's what I think of when I see Clive. He is all about Zofia, and the other lines are pretty generic.

Mathilda- "How presumptuous!" Again, I associate the word 'presumptuous' with Mathilda especially in Echoes (the Heroes version is a shortened variation of "Getting a little presumptuous?'). I like that small laughing tone she makes when she says "How".  A very strong, feminine and heroic voice for one the best female paladins in the series, her VA is perfect. 

My gosh do I love Lukas and Clive. So many people seem to hate on the latter, but I really like him as a character. He's not perfect - he's got a lot of flaws and weaknesses but I do think he really works on them. 

He's actually maxed HM in this game for me. I think the voices of all three units are perfect in this and SoV (pretty sure they kept the same ones). 

Clive - 'In the name of Zofia' - I agree this is the most perfect for him. Plus I love the way he says it. So determined :D I actually do like his other lines, too, but probably because I love his voice. 

Lukas - It was hard to decide. Greg Chun is so perfect for him - his voice so gentle and assuring. I think this is the most perfect character for him to voice. The others are good, but not as good as Lukas for his voice :D - 'They never learn' edged the others out. I like the way this is said - plus he's a bit of a mentor to the others in his game so I reckon it suits him :) 

Mathilda - One of the prettiest ladies. She and Clive make such a good couple. Oddly, I really find her difficult to use in this game whereas Clive was perfect for what I needed him to do (Tempest and AA mostly). 'How presumptuous' edges out all the other lines as it's just so her. The rest do seem... well, really generic to me. I'm pretty sure we've seen all of them on other characters. She does say them well, though. Her VA is great :D 

Ah, Lukas. The first time I saw him, in Heroes, I thinked how this art made him look like the brother of my best friend. Not really the case with his Echoes art. Nonetheless, I like him as a character. And about his quotes, my favorite is "They never learn", but I like all the quotes.

For Clive, it's without saying, it's "In the name of Zofia!". It suit him.

I picked "I've seen enough."  for Mathilda. I'm sad they changed her "Getting a little presumptuous ?" to something shorter.

And the winners are:

Lukas - "They never learn."

Clive "In the name of Zofia!"

Mathilda"How presumptuous!"

Now we take a look at some knights from Ylisse, Awakening's Christmas knight duo Stahl and Sully and the pegasus knight Cordelia!

Full_Special_Stahl_1.png?itok=DCPENLFRFull_Special_Sully.png?itok=VmuQvppDBtlFace_C_19.png?itok=aeAzTNtW

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stahl/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sully/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Cordelia/Quotes#English

My picks:

Stahl- "Got a good feeling about this!" A lot of his lines are pretty average to be honest, although that's Stahl's defining trait- the average guy. 

Sully- "I'll kill you TWICE!" I love all of her lines actually but this is her most memorable- especially when she deletes swords with her Swordbreaker + Sapphire Lance (Sword overkill!). Close second is "Oh, no you don't!" because I love the way her VA says that line, it's so full of emotion!

Cordelia- "Now you've angered me!" sounds the best when she activates her specials after quad-hitting. "I must prevail" is pretty neat though, since it makes me think of how she was the remaining pegasus knight in her troop. 

Abstaining here. Stahl is thoroughly meh as a character, Sully has no idea how to use a lance and wear leg protection, and Cordelia’s “Out from my sight!” is missing.

@mcsilas: Count my vote for “Now you’ve angered me!” if you so wish, even though it’s ironically almost a copy of Chrom’s “Now I’m angry!”.

Edited by Vaximillian

Ah, Stahl, my guy. I like his "I love this part!" quote since the game.

For Sully, "I kill you TWICE!" is the best, "The hell with YOU!" is close second. I like how she say these lines.

For Cordelia, it'll be "Now you've angered me!".

Stahl - “I love this part!” I like the enthusiasm here. I’m not 

Sully - “Die, dammit!” So Sully. You can’t have her lines without some mild cursing. “To hell with you” is a close second.

Cordelia - “Now you’ve angered me!” I rarely hear her lines considering I still have Galeforce as her special. This was the only standout to me honestly.

I can't help but adore Stahl. Like a few of the green knights, he's just so refreshingly nice. I'd love to wrap him in bubble wrap and keep him all safe. Instead, I've 5*'red him and use him to beat Ike, Hector or any other fast axes in AA ^.^ I like his quotes - they're all just so nice. Not amazing. Nice. It suits him :) I went for 'Got a good feeling about this' because it feels the most him :) 

Sully - I like how much she contrasts with Stahl. I tend to pair the two together, and even 5*'red mine together in this game :) Went for 'The hell with YOU' - It sounds the most angry and rough. I like it :)

Cordelia - I'm meh for her as a character. I don't really use her all the much. 'Now you've angered me' sounds the most feisty, so I went for that. 

And the winners are:

Sully - "Die, dammit!"

Cordelia "Now you've angered me!"

Stahl has a tie between "I love this part." and "Got a good feeling about this!"

Now we move to Elibe, were we take a look at two dark mages and a Divine Dragon- it's Sophia, Fae and Raigh!

Full_Special_Sophia.png?itok=qTMII9dgBtlFace_C_24.png?itok=9O6lhh__BtlFace_C_65.png?itok=lCVDrtgY

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Sophia/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Fae/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Raigh/Quotes#English

My picks:

Sophia- "The dark within..." Now that I think about it, this line is giving me Deirdre vibes. That said, I don't really like her other lines that much, they sound a bit too drawn out or bored.

Fae- Obviously chicken dragon has the best set of quotes lol. I think I like "BWAAAAA!" the best, because it sounds like she shot a powerful laser so you hear her trailing off in the end. Bonus points for "RRAWRR! RRAWRR!" because of the extra word! Does that count as alliteration?

Raigh- "Merciless massacre!" Edgy but the alliteration really sells it for me. I also like "Behold, real power!" because I like the word behold.

I vote for Sophia doing reverse Deirdre with her “The dark within…”, but all four lines are almost equally meh.

Not voting in the poll itself because the others are a pint-sized edgelord, a comic relief, and Stahl.

Edited by Vaximillian

Sofia - 'The dark within' - It feels like it's the only line with any feeling. It's a good line, though :)

Fae - The most adorable of the dragons <3 I went for double Rawrs but all her lines are adorable :D

Raigh - 'Darkness, serve me!' - I like the way he says this lines more than the others :)

And the winners are:

Sophia - "The dark within..."

Fae "RRAWRR! RRAWRR!"

Raigh "Behold, real power!"

Stahl - "I love this part."

Now we go to Tellius, where we take a look at characters who served Crimea at some stage in their lives, it's Titania, Oscar and Nephenee!

BtlFace_C_108.png?itok=F0TVYg81oscar-special.png?itok=Dc81JOhaNephenee-special.png?itok=nfi7ZmxM

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Titania/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Oscar/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Nephenee/Quotes#English

My picks:

Titania- "In service to the cause!" A strong, experiences and classy voice, Misty Lee channels Titania perfectly in a very fitting quote for her. It's just a very inspiring and heroic quote. I also like "Don't make me angry!" for the build up and the words that she stressed and "I will triumph!" because of the word triumph.

Oscar- "My side will survive." A noble, gentle and heroic voice, I like Bryce's performance as Oscar. This quote is very protective, which suits a big brother like him.

Nephenee- "YOU!" Nephenee's quotes are a bit strange since they're so short for me, yet they're a bit generic. One quote does stand out and that's 'YOU!' because it's so strange in grammar to have just that word by itself. So now I connect that to Nephenee. I mean I guess it works because she's a woman of few words?

Edited by mcsilas

16 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Now we go to Tellius, where we take a look at characters who served Crime at some stage in their lives, it's Titania, Oscar and Nephenee!

I am the Law!

Not voting in the poll thanks to the mediocrity of the eternal squinter’s lines, but I choose “Don’t make me angry!” for Titania and “Gonna get ya!” for Nephenee.