Favourite Special Skill Quote (Poll 94 - Brave Celica, Brave Ephraim, Brave Veronica)

mcsilas

Favourite Special Quote?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Brave Celica Quote?

• Place your trust in me!
    • Your feelings give me strength!
    • By Mila's grace!
    • Guide my hand!
  2. 2. Favourite Brave Ephraim Quote?

• We must press forward!
    • Are you prepared?
    • No time to waste.
    • By Garm's might.
  3. 3. Favourite Brave Veronica Quote?

• You will be mine.
    • So strong!
    • Just like my brother...
    • On your way.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Also, I know Lyon is just released but I think I'll take a break from this thread until next week, when both Marissa and whoever the new legendary hero will be released. Then we can have another three person slate :)

Cue the next hero being Laevi just to mess with you xD

Thanks for doing this. It's been fun so far :D

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Cue the next hero being Laevi just to mess with you xD

Thanks for doing this. It's been fun so far :D

I wouldn't say no to that :P I'd really like that to be honest.

But I doubt we'd get her before the next chapter, when Surtr actually orders her to tail the Askrians. Maybe after the next chapter....so maybe end of Feb?

Well dang. I missed the newly released trio. I always forget to check this thread!

Ah well, but for the record I mostly agree with mcsilas picks, for much the same reasons. Myrrh, as much as I like her, just has some rather boring special quotes if you ask me. For All Humanity may very well be the best sounding, but it isn't passing a high bar of entry.

Well we're back! Now that we have or new released unit, let's take a look at the rest of the Magvel units and the newest Tellius unit. Here is the new legendary unit, Vanguard Ike, our latest GHB unit Lyon and our current Tempest Trial reward, Marisa!

IkeVL-Special.png?itok=ZZfROp4jLyon%20Special.png?itok=PEj7hxK1Marisa%20Special.png?itok=_mH_qMX2

You can have a listen to their quote in these links, under the 'Quotes' section:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ike_(Vanguard_Legend)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lyon/Quotes#English

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Marisa/Quotes#English

-------

My thoughts-

Vanguard Ike- "End of the line." I like the shorter quotes since they're catchier. I feel if the quote is too long I sort of lose enjoyment. Also as much as I like Greg Chun, I was hoping he'd sound a little bit deeper with the older Ike (even if it's not as deep as the Japanese version, a little deeper would be good). Some of the longer lines just feel a little too gentle for me I guess, maybe his voice is too smooth in this case.

Lyon- "No one will stand in my way." As generic as this quote looks, I really like the way Lyon says this. It encompasses what he's done- both the sacrifices and the resulting mistakes in how he says this line. You can hear his determination but also the darkness inside him but at the same, there's a sense of subtle shakiness in 'way' for me which I like. Second pick would be "My caring heart has died." for similar reasons, but it's also a weird quote to say when attacking (feels more like a voice line when tapping).

Marisa- "Meet my blade." Again, I like the short, sweet quotes. Professional but also has the best acting for me. I really like how she extends the word 'blade'.

Vanguard Ike - 'I won't have mercy on my enemies' - Confession: I've not listened to the line, so I'm not sure how he says it. Just from the looks of the quotes, though, I like how harsh this one is.

Lyon - 'My caring heart has died' - he says this in such a softly spoken way... like stating an emotionless fact in a way. I really like how odd it is and how unusual the quote is.

Marisa - 'Meet my blade' - Short and sharp...

V!Ike - "I won't have mercy on my enemies." It's a callback to RD when he says that followed by "That goes for my former allies too!" during the stage where you were unlucky enough to be going up against him for a short time period after training him up yourself. Not fun.

Lyon - "Well, come then!" I enjoy the delivery of this more than anything.

Marisa - "This'll just take a moment." - All of her quotes she sounds uninterested rather than detached/unfeeling so it's hard for me to buy it. This is the best one by that standard.

1. Favourite Vanguard Ike Quote? "I won't have mercy on my enemies."

I actually find Ike's quotes generally lackluster, but if I had to pick one I'd say this one has the biggest meaning out of all of them.

1. 2. Favourite Lyon Quote? "No one will stand in my way."

• It's alright. I don't really like any of Lyon's quotes actually.
  2. 3. Favourite Marisa Quote? "You need to get serious."

Sounds the best, and sounds the coolest in terms of what's actually being said.

Text looks weird cus I'm too lazy and copy and pasted the quotes.

So here are the results!

Vanguard Ike "End of the line."

Lyon "Well, come then."

Marisa "Meet my blade."

Now we wait until the new Special Heroes for the next poll. Also since we have a longer wait times in between heroes, I;m sort of being lax with what time the closes haha

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m damn late (duh!), but Performing Azura’s “Let’s strike up a tune!” is so good. It’s pretty high up among the best lines for me.

Performing Azura has a really good selection of quotes. Rena Strober is amazing when she's voicing a dark Azura. So classy and elegant.

On 19.01.2018 at 7:24 PM, mcsilas said:

Performing Azura- has a three way tie between "My heart is singing!", "Time for a requiem!" and "It's curtains for you!"

Awwww, my favourite line must be the one that hadn’t made its way into the tie. Oh well, I deserved it.

The thing about what make Lyon’s quotes so good are the same reason as Ephraim’s. It’s not the quote themselves but their delivery. Just like you can tell Ephraim is really enjoying himself by the delivery of his quotes, you can tell Lyon’s change in personality by his delivery. Honestly, a lot of of the GBA FE voice actors were really good picks.

And we're back! To prepare for the upcoming Tempest Trials. we have the new Valentine versions of the FE7 Lords- Valentine Eliwood, Valentine Lyn and Valentine Hector!

hXuB9ZM.png?itok=SS3-KUSXCLwyyxW.png?itok=_uAtBKMXIg8wVS6.png?itok=aj81prTX

You can have a listen to their quote in these links, under the 'Quotes' section:

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Eliwood_(Love_Abounds)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lyn_(Love_Abounds)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Hector_(Love_Abounds)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Valentine Eliwood- "Not as sweet as you think." I think it really fits Eliwood well- he's not a strong figure like Hector is but that doesn't mean he's weak. Sure he's not technically obtainable yet but this poll will be open for a while so you can make a decision when you hear more quotes in battle.

Valentine Lyn- "From my heart!" Very fitting for the theme and said with a strong voice, I really like this quote. It even fits well with her attacking artwork. I also like how she emphasises 'not' in 'I'm not sweet'

Valentine Hector- "My arm is singin'!" Very Hector-like, it's pretty random and not fitting for Valentine's but that's his thing of being 'just here to fight' in the event. It also help that it's pretty unique since most of the quotes for the Valentine units are similar. Great voice acting even with the shared quotes.

You and I are in full agreement here. Though I do kinda wish Eliwood had a better quote. Not as sweet as you think, just seems kinda cumbersome(sometimes these type grow on me over time though so we'll see), but it is the best of them.

And I don't know why but I keep imagining Vector as being a fusion of Hector and Elvis, so this Singin' quote was just up my alley.

Eliwood - 'Not as sweet as you think' - He always looks so lean and frail next to Hector that I think this quote really suits him :)

Lyn - 'Take this' - I think it works best for her since she's beating them to death with a present.

Hector Tudor - 'I ain't sweet' - I like the contrast with Eliwood's quote in particular. He's well spoken whereas Hector is very blunt.

So here are the results!

Valentine Eliwood "Not as sweet as you think."

Valentine Lyn "From my heart!"

Valentine Hector "My arm is singin'!"

And now we break off from the trio slates. Let's move on the next generation for the Love Abounds banner- it's Valentine Roy and Valentine Lilina!

VKzlLQ3.png?itok=6j-ro7vjSUnUCEE.png?itok=e9YDTKvS

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Roy_(Love_Abounds)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Lilina_(Love_Abounds)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Valentine Roy- "With all my heart." Ray Chase does a great Roy voice, and this quote really fits a heroic boy who fights for his beliefs- very shounen hero-like.

Valentine Lilina- "I have a present for you." Well she does have a present in her art and as a weapon, so it fits. I like her voice acting in this version than normal Lilina, and there's a slight mischievous and smug tone at the end that's pretty neat.

And the winners are:

Valentine Roy "Let's take this to the next level!"

Valentine Lilina "I'm not all sweet!"

Now we move on to the newest characters who are also participating in the upcoming Voting Gauntlet- it's Fallen Takumi, Fallen Robin and Fallen Celica!

--97WmUEB.png?itok=rv95ZDeUFallen-Robin-Special.png?itok=gMQ3pysbFallen-Celica-Special.png?itok=jsgpbWuP

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Takumi_(Fallen_Heroes)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Robin_(M)_(Fallen_Heroes)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Celica_(Fallen_Heroes)/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Fallen Takumi- "Die, die, die!" It may be one word that;s only repeated thrice, but damn, that is some emotion behind this quote! I love how it builds up with intensity during each repetition. This is probably the most intense and aggressive special quote I've heard so far in this game.

Fallen Robin- "I am the Fell Dragon, Grima." I don't really think the other quotes can compare to this one, which really sums up the existence of this character. It fits really when when a chibi Grima is summoned over his head, ready to decimate your units.

Fallen Celica- "Perish!" Erica Lindbeck is such an amazing voice actress, I can tell she had fun voicing Duma Celica (well she posted it on Twitter). I love the word perish (so classy despite being such a grim word), and from just that one word she creates a strong impression of many different emotions- angry, crazed yet also confident and full of power. Second choice would be "Rule by strength!", as a great contrast to normal Celica.

Takumi - Fully agreed - 'Die! Die! Die!'. Just looking at it, I don't like it, but when I hear how he says it... It's just so well spoken, ratcheting up in intensity with each repetition of the word.

Grima - 'I will devour you' - He's so brilliantly voiced. I love the difference between him and normal Robin. I went for this one even though I like all of his lines because he has a huge floating dragon head behind him. Nothing can beat that xD

Celica - 'Perish' - It's one word but with a lot of crazy intensity :D

And the winners are:

Fallen Takumi "Die, die, die!"

Fallen Robin "I will devour you!"

Fallen Celica "Perish!"

Now we move on our next batch of characters- the new Legendary Ephraim, Fallen Hardin and the new antagonist Laegjarn!

--7xN8vp3.png?itok=d-NLgdgG      Hardin-Special.png?itok=5Tkr_QSB 680px-Full_Special_Laegjarn.png?version=87be2ada346ae12f0c4ffd90e04757ac

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ephraim_(Legendary_Lord)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Hardin_(Fallen_Heroes)/Quotes

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Laegjarn/Quotes

-------

My thoughts-

Legendary Ephraim- "Yield or perish!" So Greg Chun voices another Legendary hero. Also this quote is shared with Eldigan, but this is not as aggressive as the Lionheart's version. Still, I really like the words used in this quote.

Fallen Hardin- "You dare oppose me?" Very fitting for a someone intimidating and as an enemy Emperor type.

Laegjarn- "This is how it's got to be!"  Can I say that I really love how vibrant her special attacking art is? It must be the cape. Anyway, I find most of her other quotes strangely worded, even though I like the acting. I guess for this quote, it shows she has a sense of duty and honour for an antagonist. I do love her voice though- it's not too try hard and yet not too emotionless like her sister. Even has a sense of heroism, even if she is currently on the enemy side. A good balance.

The stupid Ephraim I'm still bitter about: 'Yield or perish' - I can't help but adore Greg Chun. I still think he's best as Lukas, but he does voice the other heroes really well. I feel like the words used here are best for him. 

Hardin - 'Have you come to die?' - I don't know, this just feels the most chilling and striking quote for me. 

Lae - 'Resist and perish!' - I think I just have a thing about the word 'perish' xD I don't like the quote that's currently the most popular because it doesn't feel like a good quote to yell out in the middle of battle, personally. I do really like her as a character so far, though. Out of all the ocs introduced in book 2, I think she's my favourite.

@Cute Chao

I agree, he's best as Lukas. He sounds okay as Ike but he can be a bit similar between Ike and Ephraim for me.

Speaking of Greg Chun- have an audio of him reading a recipe and imagine it's Ephraim/Ike/Lukas or something:

https://feheroestips.tumblr.com/post/171491787076/i-want-you-to-know-ive-never-wanted-cheesecake

As for Laegjarn, well I guess that's the most popular right now because it's a character-establishing quote? But yes, I see you are like me and like the word 'perish' as well haha

Interestingly Hardin and Ephraim all have ties for quotes (3-way tie for Ephraim at the time of this post)

18 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Cute Chao

I agree, he's best as Lukas. He sounds okay as Ike but he can be a bit similar between Ike and Ephraim for me.

Speaking of Greg Chun- have an audio of him reading a recipe and imagine it's Ephraim/Ike/Lukas or something:

https://feheroestips.tumblr.com/post/171491787076/i-want-you-to-know-ive-never-wanted-cheesecake

As for Laegjarn, well I guess that's the most popular right now because it's a character-establishing quote? But yes, I see you are like me and like the word 'perish' as well haha

Interestingly Hardin and Ephraim all have ties for quotes (3-way tie for Ephraim at the time of this post)

It'll have to be Lukas. I can't imagine either Ike or Ephraim cooking xD

Oh, I voted earlier, but I’m in the mood to share my choices.

Ephraim - “Yield or perish” Mostly good ones for Ephraim, but I loved Ephraim’s rendition of this line despite Eldigan saying it first. Guess I’m just a sucker for intimidating orders. :P

Hardin - “Don’t be so conceited” For quotes, I much prefer exclamations over questions unless they’re written creatively and/or humorously. So that’s two quotes off. “I’ll run you through!” didn’t really appeal to me. So I went with this, which works pretty well especially if you underestimate that Bold Fighter...

Laegjarn - “Better me than her...” A great character defining quote and the only one which stood out. “Resist and perish” doesn’t even make any sense (maybe if it was “or” instead of “and” I might have considered it), and the others I found unremarkable.