Loneliness....

Harvey

What in the everliving fuck.

I'm going to lock this while I read through this.  I'm seriously tempted to warn the entire topic, because this is NOT appropriate Serious Discussion material.

- Serious Discussion is not your personal soap-box to come to for validation, do not hope nor expect to "preach to the choir". You will be interacting with others, many of whom may not share your viewpoint. If you cannot handle disagreement in a respectful and mature fashion, this is not the place for your post.

It also means that the topic shouldn't be solely about you.  Because. . .

- This subforum is no substitute for trained medical professionals. For any serious personal medical or psychological issues there are better places to get advice than from strangers on the internet. Get in touch with your primary care provider if you have one, or a relevant hotline (Suicide Prevention, Domestic Abuse, Substance Abuse, etc.) if you do not.

We're a gaming forum first and foremost.  This topic is something that should be discussed with people who know how to deal with this, not random people on the Internet.  This forum is NOT a substitute for professional help.

EDIT: Done.  If the answer to the topic is "go get therapy", it probably doesn't have a place in Serious Discussion.

Anyway, my conclusions:

1. @Harvey, instead of focusing on how much things suck right now, focus on what you're going to do about it.  IMO the healthiest thing you can do is save money - your end goals are to get therapy on your own dime, and to move out.  I think the best shot you have at making progress is to do things without your mother looking over your shoulder.  Life sucks a little less when you have a tangible goal to work towards (source: my own life experience).  Also, this might be relevant to you.

2. The next time a topic like this comes up, and I see replies and no tickets, I WILL WARN EVERY SINGLE PERSON THAT REPLIED AND DIDN'T REPORT THE TOPIC.  This subforum is not a substitute for professional medical advice.  Therapy falls under "professional medical advice".  Do not screw around with other people's health.

Edited by eclipse