Was that seriously a...lady of the evening?

Prostitute poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Was that a prostitute?

• Yes, she was totally a prostitute.
    • No, just a particularly attractive nice maid.
    • Not sure.
  2. 2. Did Saber get some?

• He totally did.
    • No but Boey did.
    • Both Saber and Boey got some.
    • I don't know.
  3. 3. Boey x Mae as a ship? They already bicker like an old married couple.

• YES!
    • No.
    • Don't care either way.

I just got to Zofia Harbor and omg, the talk about that "maid" offering her "thanks"...have we just seen our first canon prostitute? I'm loving how much more mature FE is getting, honestly. Now they just need to do the same with Pokemon 

Even Boey is getting all hot and bothered lol...I guess cute mage boys are still boys, and anything goes for most prostitutes as long as they get paid. Some probably don't even care about the money.

What do you think?

EDIT -  Here's the dialogue to refresh memories, luckily it was on the main site!

Mae: Heh, this is some reception we’re getting, huh, Celica? I’ve been getting thanked left and right, too! Kinda makes the fighting worth it.

Boey: Pfft, your tune changes more easily than a travelling minstrel’s! Back on the ship, it was all bellyaching. …Mostly about your aching belly.

Mae: Hey, I was seasick! It’s a medical thing! …And you’re hardly one to talk, Boey! You were drooling all over yourself after that buxom maid offered her “thanks.”

Boey: I did no such thing!

Mae: Er, Celica? Is everything all right? You look pale as a shade. Did Boey tell you some stupid ghost story again?

Celica: No, I’m… I’m fine, thank you. But…might we travel to Zofia Castle before setting out for the temple? There’s something I need to see for myself there.

Boey: At the castle? You know we would follow you anywhere, milady, but…is that wise?

Celica: It’s been years, Boey. No one there would recognize me as I am now.

Saber: Hm? What’s this, now?

Boey: Uh…n-nothing! Nothing at all. Just talking about…about…that maid! You know? The lovely one who was asking after you over at the pub? Said something about wanting to give whoever sank those pirates her “thanks.”

Saber: Did she now? Well, a hero mustn’t spurn a lady’s wishes.

Edited by Dragoncat

If you're talking about the time when Celica and co. get to Zofia Harbor for the first time, I do delieve that the "maid" they talked about was just an excuse to get Saber stop asking anymore questions, since Boey, Mae and Celica's conversation almost revealed the truth about Celica's origins. Therefore, I don't think there was any maid in the first place. Or at least that's how I interpreted it as.

39 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

If you're talking about the time when Celica and co. get to Zofia Harbor for the first time, I do delieve that the "maid" they talked about was just an excuse to get Saber stop asking anymore questions, since Boey, Mae and Celica's conversation almost revealed the truth about Celica's origins. Therefore, I don't think there was any maid in the first place. Or at least that's how I interpreted it as.

Mae mentioned her before that though. Boey teased her about being seasick and she teased him about drooling all over himself about the maid. So yeah, there was a maid. But yeah, Boey had to bring her up again for the reason you stated.

Who voted for that threesome up there? The thought of Saber and Boey either taking turns with the maid or at the same time...yeah, that was a joke xD

Edited by Dragoncat

42 minutes ago, Kahvi said:

I agree with that, it was just a way to distract Saber.

and I totally ship Mae and Boey

4 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

I agree with that, it was just a way to distract Saber.

and I totally ship Mae and Boey

Like I said the maid was mentioned earlier, so she did exist. I put the dialogue in the OP.

Damn right, those two mages have sparks. Was that a thunder magic pun? I guess it was.

Annnndd another person voted for both Saber and Boey picking up that hooker. Omg lol. I'm wondering what lines they would have used there. Something like:

Saber: Hey, want to see my sword? Or help me polish it? Or both?

Boey: I'll let you be the mage now, I lay down and you blow me up.

Sorry those were terrible. *shot* Boey better not use that line on Mae eventually though. She'll blow him up alright, but probably with actual magic instead of...doing the other thing.

Since the "maid" offered her "thanks" to Boey, not Saber, I'm inclined to think that she was teasing him.  It doesn't really make it clear whether or not we have a prostitute with a sense of humor or someone like a barmaid who couldn't pass up the perfect opportunity.

On 11/14/2017 at 12:49 PM, eclipse said:

Since the "maid" offered her "thanks" to Boey, not Saber, I'm inclined to think that she was teasing him.  It doesn't really make it clear whether or not we have a prostitute with a sense of humor or someone like a barmaid who couldn't pass up the perfect opportunity.

Yeah, but what "thanks" would a barmaid be offering? If she's offering sex then that still makes her a prostitute.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah, but what "thanks" would a barmaid be offering? If she's offering sex then that still makes her a prostitute.

Think of it as teasing.  She wasn't going to offer anything.  Sort of like how I joke about banning people for really spurious things - I won't actually do it!

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Think of it as teasing.  She wasn't going to offer anything.  Sort of like how I joke about banning people for really spurious things - I won't actually do it!

Yeah I suppose that could be the case. Or she was offering gold and teasing about it being sex.

I think the buxom maid was very literally a buxom maid that works at the inn and flirted with Boey. When you spend your entire life living in one village, some foreign heroes rolling in and saving the day can seem pretty sexy and mysterious. And if you interpret flirting as offering sex, well, I'm not touching that conversation. 

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

I think the buxom maid was very literally a buxom maid that works at the inn and flirted with Boey. When you spend your entire life living in one village, some foreign heroes rolling in and saving the day can seem pretty sexy and mysterious. And if you interpret flirting as offering sex, well, I'm not touching that conversation. 

1 hour ago, SullyMcGully said:

Boey?

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, read the first part of that sentence you snipped. 

For the record though, isn't Saber also from Novis Island? This maid could've been younger though, closer to Boey's age. Saber looks like, mid 20s early 30s. I'd assume a lot of buff sword guys come through the port town, but not many cute mage boys her age. He is kinda cute, I guess. Definitely a unique appearance, there's probably not many olive skinned people period, let alone ones with white hair and dark brown eyes.

Maybe I jumped the gun in thinking "PROSTITUTE!" but it's hilarious anyway. I remember a lady in Novis Port talking about Saber saying he had "a history not fit for polite company", so yeah, he'd totally take her up on her offer if she was. Boey would just be like "Uhhh, gold's fine" even if he was drooling all over himself according to Mae. Fantasizing is one thing, actually acting on it and risking getting a random woman pregnant and if she's a prostitute, risking ending up with some nasty STD, is another. Both things Saber wouldn't consider, not being the well educated mage Boey is. I wonder if Saber has any kids he doesn't know about? Hmm...

Also the maid could've lived elsewhere in the past, you never know.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

No it doesn't. Prostitutes offer sex in return for money, not to say "thank you".

16 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

No it doesn't. Prostitutes offer sex in return for money, not to say "thank you".

Fair point. But if she expected gold after that, then yeah.

On 11/21/2017 at 5:37 AM, Alastor15243 said:

It could've been a hero groupie. I imagine people who kick the asses of pirates are the closest things Valentia has to rockstars. The offering her "thanks" could've just been a cliche'd pickup line.

Best comparison ever. I am now picturing Saber on the lead guitar, Leon and Celica singing, Valbar on the drums, Mae doing the special effects, Boey on the secondary guitar, Genny dancing, and Kamui on the keyboard or maybe a trumpet. 

Somebody who's better at art than me please draw that lol. I might be able to do it in sprite/pixel form, but no guarantees...

Edited by Dragoncat

On November 18, 2017 at 4:43 PM, eclipse said:

On November 18, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Dragoncat said:

Yeah I suppose that could be the case. Or she was offering gold and teasing about it being sex.

Um, no. She's a barmaid. She was clearly offering to pay for his drink.

21 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Best comparison ever. I am now picturing Saber on the lead guitar, Leon and Celica singing, Valbar on the drums, Mae doing the special effects, Boey on the secondary guitar, Genny dancing, and Kamui on the keyboard or maybe a trumpet. 

Somebody who's better at art than me please draw that lol. I might be able to do it in sprite/pixel form, but no guarantees...

Also yes.

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Saber's or Boey's? Idk if Valentia or the FE world in general has a legal drinking age, but Boey would definitely be too young if he was American at least. In Mexico you can get alcohol if you're tall enough to see over the bar table, and Germany serves alcohol just for kids at their bars, I think just like our non alcoholic/virgin drinks, but it might be that the kids drinks have less alcohol, not sure. So it would depend. Maybe Rigel does what Mexico does and Zofia does what Germany does?

Edited by Dragoncat

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

A milk, if my past RPG experience is worth anything. . .which makes it even funnier IMO.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

A milk, if my past RPG experience is worth anything. . .which makes it even funnier IMO.

Zelda isn't an RPG, it's an action/adventure. At least that's how I see it. RPGs have stats and grinding, so unless Breath of the Wild counts, Zelda isn't. Although I still think BotW doesn't actually have "stats" like the typical RPG.

But if you meant you've played RPGs I'm not familiar with that have milk bars, disregard that. Yeah, there are lewd jokes that reference milk. It'd be funnier if the clearly legal drinking age (if it exists) Saber was the one being offered the milk. He'd be like wtf is this shit, give me the booze. And then he'd get what the maid meant xD

So...what's everybody think, would Drunk!Saber be hilarious or scary or both?

Edited by Dragoncat

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Zelda isn't an RPG, it's an action/adventure. At least that's how I see it. RPGs have stats and grinding, so unless Breath of the Wild counts, Zelda isn't. Although I still think BotW doesn't actually have "stats" like the typical RPG.

But if you meant you've played RPGs I'm not familiar with that have milk bars, disregard that. Yeah, there are lewd jokes that reference milk. It'd be funnier if the clearly legal drinking age (if it exists) Saber was the one being offered the milk. He'd be like wtf is this shit, give me the booze. And then he'd get what the maid meant xD

So...what's everybody think, would Drunk!Saber be hilarious or scary or both?

Final Fantasy Tactics is one of those games where a supposedly underaged character goes to a bar and orders milk.  It's somewhat of a running joke.  I really want to say this happened somewhere in the Tales series, but I honestly don't remember.

Pretty sure Saber while drunk is too loud for my liking.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Final Fantasy Tactics is one of those games where a supposedly underaged character goes to a bar and orders milk.  It's somewhat of a running joke.  I really want to say this happened somewhere in the Tales series, but I honestly don't remember.

I played a bit of FFT, so now I see. I think I got to that part...not sure though. I'm most familiar with Zelda though and its milk bars. In MM they even say a certain milk beverage isn't for kids, so yeah, it probably has alcohol in it. Even if I didn't even get to Woodfall Temple because I suck and the time restriction sucks and I gave up on it, the whole Zelda fandom knows of that.

Drunk Saber might be funny to watch...from a safe distance...but yes, most likely loud and obnoxious. What happens in the tavern stays there. Or calls him "dad" a few years later

7 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Saber's or Boey's? Idk if Valentia or the FE world in general has a legal drinking age, but Boey would definitely be too young if he was American at least. In Mexico you can get alcohol if you're tall enough to see over the bar table, and Germany serves alcohol just for kids at their bars, I think just like our non alcoholic/virgin drinks, but it might be that the kids drinks have less alcohol, not sure. So it would depend. Maybe Rigel does what Mexico does and Zofia does what Germany does?

Well, considering it was Boey who she was talking to, and considering below,

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

yeah, I'm going Boey.

Also now I have the image of the maid offering Boey a glass of milk and him looking suspiciously at it wondering where exactly it came from. Thanks Eclipse.

1 minute ago, SoulWeaver said:

Also now I have the image of the maid offering Boey a glass of milk and him looking suspiciously at it wondering where exactly it came from. Thanks Eclipse.

Is that what happened in FFT?