4★ +10 Units.

Raven

As you may guess by the title, this is a topic where we can show off/discuss/theorycraft 4★ +10 units.

Why 4★ +10? Sometimes, we are simply unwilling to use 20,000 feathers to +1 our 5★ units. If none of them are already 5★, it takes us 220,000 feathers to increase 11 copies of a unit from 4★ to 5★. Not including any potential extra feather costs to inherit 5★ weapons and skills for the unit.

Sometimes, cutting corners and saving feathers pays well when the unit in question has no PRF weapon at 5★, and can inherit a 5★ weapon at the cost of 20,000 feathers, assuming you didn't already summon the SI fodder - in which case, it costs you no extra feathers.

Let's begin:

- - - - - - - - - -

4★+10 Olivia (+SPD|-HP)
Weapon:
Wo Dao+ (5★ Karel, Athena)
Support: Dance
Special: Moonbow (4★ Palla, Odin, Athena)
Skills: A: Fury 3 (4★ Hinata) B: Wings of Mercy 3 (4★ Cain) C: Hone Atk 3
Seal: Speed +3
Stats - HP: 35 ATK: 46 SPD: 44 DEF: 31 RES: 30

For the potential cost of 20,000 feathers to upgrade a 4★ Athena (if you don't already have terrible-natured 5★ Karel or Athena laying around), your usually meek and harmless Olivia can become a killing machine on par with other offensive sword units, no Ruby Sword necessary. Decent defenses to boot despite the -HP nature. You can also take the -DEF/-RES route and have them sit at 28/27 respectively, while HP comes up to a bulkier 38. Overall massive threat level for a 4★ Dancer.

- - - - - - - - - -

The above Olivia is my next project. She is currently sitting at +5 merges, but I need more Olivias, and SP. She is also -DEF, and not -HP. If I find a +SPD -HP Olivia, I'll be using that as my base.

Any other 4★ projects or ideas floating around? I'd love to see them so I can copy and abuse them, so show them off.

Edited by Raven

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@Raven Why -Def? I went -Res

<Olivia pic>

EDIT: Fort Res 1 is now Fort Res 3, as this is an old picture

I edited the post to change it to -HP since -Def was a mistake. I think -HP is most optimal unless you never plan to have Olivia get hit by magic, but I think it's down to your preferences whether you want -HP or -Res.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

I edited the post to change it to -HP since -Def was a mistake. I think -HP is most optimal unless you never plan to have Olivia get hit by magic, but I think it's down to your preferences whether you want -HP or -Res.

In terms of EHP, a neutral 4 star +10 Olivia has 69 Def + HP and 68 Res + HP

-HP brings those both down to 66 and 65 respectively, and I know you might say "Nobody is gonna have 66 or 65 Atk that easily", which is true, but considering she is also taking fury damage, she wants as much HP as possible. She isn't going to be tanking any mage that isn't green anyway, so she'd be taking minimal damage. Meanwhile, -Res only decreases Res Bulk to 65 and keeps your def bulk. 

That's why I prefer -Res anyway. 

I know this is off-topic but can someone please explain to me what the fuck PRF means? Can't we just call them personal weapons? What the hell does the F stand for?

Edited by Gebby

3 minutes ago, Gebby said:

I know this is off-topic but can someone please explain to me what the fuck PRF means? Can't we just call the personal weapons? What the hell does the F stand for?

"Prf" is presumably "preferred" weapon.

8 minutes ago, Raven said:

"Prf" is presumably "preferred" weapon.

The amount of totally unnecessary shortenings that this fanbase can come up with astounds me.

Just now, Gebby said:

The amount of totally unnecessary shortenings that this fanbase can come up with astounds me.

"Prf" is actually used in-game. Since FE7, even.

Not yet +10, but +8 and she will be my first +10: 

dTE0mEC.png

Cherche is an obvious choice, since she doesn't give much for SI and since she is available with 3*/4* rarity. Even after completing her, I will continue collecting copies to eventually make a 5* +10 version (estimated for end of next year ... ). 

Edited by mampfoid

Haven't done this with anyone yet, but I'm planning to do it for Virion with a Clarisse Bow build lol. Would also like to do it for Olivia and possibly Cordelia if I can be bothered to spare skills for her.

Weirdly I hadn't thought to do it for Cherche. Huh. Maybe I should give that some consideration lol

11 minutes ago, Tsak said:

Isn't a 4*+10 basically a 5* unit?

Are you waiting to 5* these units? i don't understand

Not exactly. A 4*+10 is equivalent to a 5*+5 most of the time (some are more akin to a 5*+4 but that varies from unit to unit) so you're saving feathers at the cost of a lower ceiling. Another example is a 3*+10 which I believe is just a little below a 5*.

Getting a unit to 5*+10 is the endgame goal, but for units that you don't like that much or don't plan on using in the long term getting them to 4*+10 is preferred.

While 4* +10 was sort of useful early in game, but now as far as I am covered having enough Cecilia's and Kagerous is more pressing issue than having enough feathers.

I mean TT allows 3 characters promoted to 5* Gauntlet another 2. And I myself didn't even clear or permanent content that gives feathers yet...

So yeah going to this route feel bit lazy to me.

Edited by Tenzen12

43 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

While 4* +10 was sort of useful early in game, but now as far as I am covered having enough Cecilia's and Kagerous is more pressing issue than having enough feathers.

I mean TT allows 3 characters promoted to 5* Gauntlet another 2. And I myself didn't even clear or permanent content that gives feathers yet...

So yeah going to this route feel bit lazy to me.

TTs give 10750 feathers as rewards, which is not enough to promote a single character to 5*, let alone three. Meanwhile,  someone who managed to stay in the top 1000 of scoring and win every rounds would end up with 12000 feathers, which is again, not enough for a single promotion. So I have no idea how you managed to promote 3 characters with a single TT and 2 with a gauntlet. 

Here's my Cecilia:

Spoiler

mhDXnO7.png

She's been a steadfast member of my Horse Emblem team for a long time now, although she only just recently made it to 4*+10 status.

I'm also going the 4*+10 route with Felicia, who is up to 7 merges, male Robin (4), Olivia (3), and Sophia (3).

33 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

TTs give 10750 feathers as rewards, which is not enough to promote a single character to 5*, let alone three. Meanwhile,  someone who managed to stay in the top 1000 of scoring and win every rounds would end up with 12000 feathers, which is again, not enough for a single promotion. So I have no idea how you managed to promote 3 characters with a single TT and 2 with a gauntlet. 

I guess he must've went super hard on grinding Hero Merit, given that TT is really good for that. Still a gap of 48k feathers is 16 characters taken from 0 to 3000 HM. I think I did maybe half of that and I went to 175k points in the last TT (with a x1.2 unit, at that).

As for 4*+10 projects, I'm looking at doing an Olivia, myself, though I'm a bit torn. While I indecisive on that, though, I've been working on a Raven Sophia. She's real useful as a niche counter in AA, so no regrets. I've also been bumping up Raven for kicks since I keep getting him and don't have anything I want people to inherit from him. I guess I'll probably do an Emerald or Killer Axe build with him or something. Oh, and Est. Started as the same deal as Raven, but she's got enough merges to be legitimately strong. While she's still a second-stringer for AA, that still gives her a lot of general deployment opportunities. I'm quite happy with how she turned out and almost regret not going for 5* with her, but I'm not a particularly big fan of her, so she'd be so far back in the queue that she'd never get built. This is a nice middle-ground where I get to give her cheap indulgence while she'll eventually have better-than-5* performance (currently, she's got enough merges to be equivalent to a 5*).

I've only been working on my Cecilia like this. She's the only unit I've constantly pulled 4* copies of to feel like trying it.

I'd try it for my Olivia too, since I plan to replace her weapon with Ruby Sword+ anyway, but I barely ever summon her so I might just go for 5*. 

I'm currently working on a Subaki. The guy is at 40+9 (+Atk-Res or -Spd I don't remember), and I've built him up a bit. At first I didn't like him, but once MKV starting using him in their videos I got more attached to him, and have kind of been working on him since. It helps that he keeps showing up. Everytime I'm sniping for a new blue unit that has come out he usually shows up a couple of times. I do send the 3 star versions of him home because I don't want to spend the feathers which is why he is still only +9. He has Bonfire, Fury 3, and Fortify Fliers since I figured I might as well use him on a flier team since he is on the few fliers I have SI anything on.

I diligently do this for healers that can be obtained at 3-4* rarity. The highest so far is my clarine reaching +5. I'm struggling with the decision of whether I should do the same for healers at the 4-5* rarity. Since those units can potentially be pulled at 5 star, then that opens the possibility of reaching +10 as a 5 star after years and years of colorless hell. But really, I should stick to 4 star, since the difference in stats is not so great or vital enough for a healer.

Olivia is another good candidate, being the only dancer that isn't 5 star exclusive. The one I'm looking to reach +10 with is +Spd/-HP. But I haven't locked down a build yet. Just giving her a ruby sword and HP+5 for better survivability. 

Edited by Glennstavos

3 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

Well I should be more accurate I guess. I meant you can promote 3 characters during TT. Two weeks of arena, heroic merits and other content included

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

Here's my Cecilia:

Hide contents

mhDXnO7.png

She's been a steadfast member of my Horse Emblem team for a long time now, although she only just recently made it to 4*+10 status.

I'm also going the 4*+10 route with Felicia, who is up to 7 merges, male Robin (4), Olivia (3), and Sophia (3).

And here is mine.

Green orbs refuse give me remaining 4...

Spoiler

8H65edQ.png

Edited by Tenzen12

This topic reminds me that I have enough Marths to make a +SPD/-RES Marth at +9 and even give him Falchion at *4.

His stats as a *5 +10 are so stupid though.... It's hard to settle for a *4 +10/*5 +5 even though I know I don't have anything competing with that in stats in my barracks.