4★ +10 Units.

Raven

Been doing this for a variety of units, especially since Arena Assault has occasionally had me in need of certain colors or roles. Pretty much any 3-4 unit is worth doing this for, especially if I don't need them for SI urgently. Notable examples include:

• Cecilia +10, regular Gronnblade is enough
  • Gunter +6, with Brave Axe+ thanks to the extra Camilla's I've acquired
  • Sophia +5, raven tome with Triangle Adept and Bowbreaker
  • Clarine +4, with Candlelight and Dazzling Staff

Others include Arthur, Nino, Odin, Saizo, Laslow, Olivia, and Oboro. Really great for when you're up against yet another armor team, or you just need someone who has zero issues against a specific group of units (ie: Arthur vs all lance users).

I have so many Ceciias, but I don't know if I want to merge her to +7. I just feel like like 5 Stars is the only way to go with such a good unit, Gunter could definitely be run +10 though, he's not someone wasting feathers on, but usually I just end up saving him for Hone Cavalry whenever I may need it.

8 hours ago, Vince777 said:

So by curiosity, what happens when you promote a 40+10 4* unit to 5*? Do they lose stats? O_o

7 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

They go to 5*+0 stats, so yeah, they take an overall stat loss.

It sorta merits mentioning that the feather cost to raise merged units up a rank is less the more you merge them, so a 4*+10 would cost at least less than 20k. So... that's something.....? shrug

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

This topic reminds me that I have enough Marths to make a +SPD/-RES Marth at +9 and even give him Falchion at *4.

His stats as a *5 +10 are so stupid though.... It's hard to settle for a *4 +10/*5 +5 even though I know I don't have anything competing with that in stats in my barracks.

Can't you not get fully upgraded Prf weapons if you're not 5* though? :\ I might be forgetting something, but legendary weaps can't be inherited and can only be learned by 5*s IIRC.

19 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

It sorta merits mentioning that the feather cost to raise merged units up a rank is less the more you merge them, so a 4*+10 would cost at least less than 20k. So... that's something.....? shrug

Can't you not get fully upgraded Prf weapons if you're not 5* though? :\ I might be forgetting something, but legendary weaps can't be inherited and can only be learned by 5*s IIRC.

Yeah, it drops by the amount you'd get for sending them home, to 4*+10 -> 5* would cost 17 000 feathers. Pretty terrible deal, though.

You can inherit down, though. A 5* Marth with Falchion learned will pass the learned state to 4* Marth if 5* Marth gets merged to him.

I do have a few other 4* merge projects going on at the same time, although I'd say Olivia is the top of the list right now and I don't think I would sacrifice so many 5* units on these guys, maybe aside from Cecilia. I also just merge some of them for the sake of saving space in the barracks when necessary, like my Jagen is currently +7 and 36 res, 31 def. Still horrible trash, though.

I'm curious how a 4*+10 Cherche will turn out, though. Maybe I'll start working on that. If it's any good, I may inherit to her a Brave Axe+.

11 hours ago, Johann said:

Been doing this for a variety of units, especially since Arena Assault has occasionally had me in need of certain colors or roles. Pretty much any 3-4 unit is worth doing this for, especially if I don't need them for SI urgently. Notable examples include:

• Cecilia +10, regular Gronnblade is enough
  • Gunter +6, with Brave Axe+ thanks to the extra Camilla's I've acquired
  • Sophia +5, raven tome with Triangle Adept and Bowbreaker
  • Clarine +4, with Candlelight and Dazzling Staff

Others include Arthur, Nino, Odin, Saizo, Laslow, Olivia, and Oboro. Really great for when you're up against yet another armor team, or you just need someone who has zero issues against a specific group of units (ie: Arthur vs all lance users).

I couldn't +10 Gunter, since I need Hone Cav for all my horses. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017. 11. 15. at 7:22 AM, Zeo said:

This topic reminds me that I have enough Marths to make a +SPD/-RES Marth at +9 and even give him Falchion at *4.

His stats as a *5 +10 are so stupid though.... It's hard to settle for a *4 +10/*5 +5 even though I know I don't have anything competing with that in stats in my barracks.

everyone's stats are insane at 5*+10 with SI and supports and seals. even felicia can be a tank...