Okami Rerelease

Silver-Haired Maiden

So Okami is one of my all time favorite games... and it's being remastered and rereleased! I am so excited about that!

It seems like people don't know about this game and how amazing it is. I would really love for it to get some traction with this rerelease so maybe they would revisit the Okami world and we could get a sequel or a prequel. (What's that? No, Okamiden doesn't exist)

Okami is one of my favourite video games too and I actually really liked Okamiden. Performance wise, it didn't look as good and as polished as Okami, but that's to be expected from a game that was developed for the DS. The mechanic of having different partners that have different abilities was a really interesting feature because it brought so many different kinds of puzzles to the table that worked with the celestial brush mechanic rather than just working with the celestial brush on its own. I just found it so cute in general.

I'd honestly want them to remaster Okamiden as well because from what I remembered, I really enjoyed it and the ending made me cry just as much as the ending for Okami did. 

Edited by carefreejules

I'm here to join the "Okami is among my favorites" club, with a side order of "I enjoyed Okamiden" too.
Okamiden is particular has my favorite final boss (not "one of"). Akuro's chibi form is what the Ninetails fight should have been. It makes you feel like you're dueling another player, rather than "I guess I'll do something if you wait long enough" for Ninetails's brush techniques.
But...yes, you can tell the DS's processor is worse than a home console's, and some parts  of the story are confusing.

I'm both happy and confused to see Okami being remade again. I don't think it will spark a lot of new interest, and I can't help but think it's a cash grab.
I was introduced to Okami on the Wii, and thought the motion controls for the brush (stylus for Okamiden) is part of what made the game fun. You feel like you're drawing. Alas, I don't have either console the reremake will be released on (and I'm not particularly a fan of computer gaming), plus it wouldn't have the motion controls I enjoy. I'll simply stick with my Wii (and DS).

I have no hope for a new Okami game, though I would enjoy one.

I love both Okami games and would love it if there was a sequel/prequel.  I guess a remaster is nice but I won't be buying it since I have my Wii version and like the above poster said the motion controls make the game really fun.  Now I think I might replay both games next week since I haven't played them in a while :)

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

My post was for two purposes:

1. This information.  Thanks.  Will probably get this used, eventually.
2. A reminder to OP that such information belongs in an opening post.

I remember playing Okami on my Wii. Exploring the world was great, but the motion control brush strokes were incredibly finicky. I remember putting down the game once I reached an entirely new area and story and never picked it back up. At the request of a friend, I picked up Okami HD on my PS3 during a flash sale for like four dollars so that I'd try again one day. And that day has not yet come.

Oh yeah, and I remember not understanding combat either. I really wanted to like the game but the game didn't seem to care for me.

I will post this article, as always - http://www.gamesradar.com/five-reasons-you-suck-if-you-dont-play-okami/

If you're gonna buy Okami (and you should, since you don't want to suck), try and get a version that supports motion controls (Wii Remote or Playstation Move). Standard controls work, but the main mechanic can be executed much faster with motion controls, making the entire game more enjoyable.

I Adore Okami (number 6 on my top 10 favorite games of all time list), but I don't think if I'll be buying it yet again on PS4 as I still have my PS3 around. But Okami HD comes highly recommended from me if you have any love for Zelda I highly recommend Okami.  If only Capcom would actually pay attention to their best franchises (Mega Man & Okami) I might actually buy something from them occasionally.  Also before anyone says it a new Okami is possible am sure Platinum (contains most of the people from Clover Studio) would not say no if Capcom gave the offer.

Though Capcom if you want me to buy Okami a second time put it on Switch I will pay money for portable Okami.

Edited by Locke087