Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Uh, he's in the header for this Tempest? See the post above that shows it.

Julia was on the header for the last Tempest though, and she wasn't a bonus unit.  So him being on the banner doesn't mean he will be a bonus.

Edit:  For overall reference, the banners have had Veronica, Alm, Celica, Hector, Black Knight, and Julia.  2 non-bonus, 3 40%, and 1 20%.  So the banner unit can be anything.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brave Ike means Tempest Banner with Brave Ike on it. I'm hip to their games, not spending a single orb on that banner. Saving everything I have for that 8% banner. Way, WAAAYYY too good to pass up.

It's kind of ironic, the swordsman known for gambling is spared from being in the summonable gacha pool - which is kind of similar to gambling itself.

I really hope Joshua is the 4th 40% bonus unit, so I don't have to do anymore pulls. If they're doing the first CYL heroes as 20% then it makes sense, and at least give us who are unlucky enough to not have a focus to catch up whenever we do get Joshua.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It's kind of ironic, the swordsman known for gambling is spared from being in the summonable gacha pool - which is kind of similar to gambling itself.

I'm hoping his lines are very big on gambling references. See how meta they can get.

Maybe it's a CYL tempest, and the other bonus units will be the original 4 CYL units. Which means we might have a CYL banner rerun.

I doubt I'll spend that much orbs on the 8% banner because the units I want on it, I already have (Hector, Celica, Deirdre, Genny and B!Lyn) aside from Ike and Ayra, so I won't have to pull from every colour. Though I'm not sure if I should continue going after Lute either. Eh, I'll decide once the banner drops.

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Julia says “what”.

He's the unit on the heading so there will be a banner with him on it. I omitted details from my post which made it look silly. My apologizes.

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

He's the unit on the heading so there will be a banner with him on it. I omitted details from my post which made it look silly. My apologizes.

Julia says “what” again.

She was on the header.

Well, I've got Lute, and I've got CYL Ike, so whatever the bonus units end up being, I'm good. Looking forward to adding another Sacred Stones character to my barracks. Considering we've got a CYL theme going, I'm guessing the map rotation is going to be using Askr maps, and the final map would be Vaskrheim.

6 minutes ago, C. Turtle said:

I'm guessing the map rotation is going to be using Askr maps, and the final map would be Vaskrheim.

The final maps are usually entirely new, though. The six previous are definitely going to be P11 (CYL part 1) and P15 (CYL part 2).

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The final maps are usually entirely new, though. The six previous are definitely going to be P11 (CYL part 1) and P15 (CYL part 2).

Well, assuming the CYL and Farfetched Heroes maps are outdoors and the inside of Vaskrheim isn't just rather bright and covered in grass, the final map could always take place inside Vaskrheim, which we haven't seen yet.

Edited by C. Turtle

OMG, another double 5* summon on first summoning session! Dorcas and off-focus Luke!

jYaC4kz.png

Holy cow! My Dorcas is +Atk/-Spd! Looks like I may have a 40% ally for this TT!

Luke is +Atk/-HP - not bad since he's using the Brave Sword! -HP is kind of a let down for Fire Boost usage but he's useable!

Edited by Roflolxp54

Normally they put one villain as a 20% bonus uni. , I wonder if they will do that again, and if so who?  If they do I would guess Valter.  I also hope that the CYL heroes are bonus units since I have everyone but B!Roy.  If they do the CYL heroes then I guess they will leave the villain unit out.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Julia says “what” again.

She was on the header.

Well, it's true that Julia was on the header and she wasn't a bonus unit. Ike will probably be one though, and get a tempest bonus because Joshua isn't going to be a 40% unit. Free units are never 40% units.

Imagining the bonus units is really difficult. Especially since all three of the new characters and Joshua have no notable relationships with other playable characters, in Heroes or in their respective games. Well I guess Lute has a creepy, abusive relationship with Artur, so that's something.

you guys figure out who the bonus units will be, I'll get to work drawing more parallels between Lute and Tharja.

32 minutes ago, Thany said:

would it be really farfetched to say Valter would be a bonus unit as well? i mean you fought him in the chapter you get to use the sword on

that assumes you played erika's rout, ephraim gets audhulma after the battle concludes. then again, we currently have no dussel to wield garm, and I don't see us getting knoll to use gleipnir until lyon is added sooo... Meric and sonya confirmed.

Amelia should have had garm.

1 minute ago, thecrimsonflash said:

that assumes you played erika's rout, ephraim gets audhulma after the battle concludes. then again, we currently have no dussel to wield garm, and I don't see us getting knoll to use gleipnir until lyon is added sooo... Meric and sonya confirmed.

Amelia should have had garm.

I wonder if ewan will wield gleipnir if he comes into the game

47 minutes ago, Thany said:

I wonder if ewan will wield gleipnir if he comes into the game

it would make more sense for knoll, actually having a connection to the country it is from and the fact that druid ewan is far less likely to be canon, given he is saleh's apprentice and is described as wanting to become a sage ingame, so gleipnir is far less likely than excalibur, which he does have a small connection too, being from jehana.

3 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

it would make more sense for knoll, actually having a connection to the country it is from and the fact that druid ewan is far less likely to be canon, given he is saleh's apprentice and is described as wanting to become a sage ingame, so gleipnir is far less likely than excalibur, which he does have a small connection too, being from jehana.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Ewan's trainee class didn't make much sense. His teacher is a master of anima, light and staves, where in the hell does Ewan learn dark magic from? I know Ewan's canonically super-talented, but dark magic is supposedly super-complex, and he has no teacher for dark magic. 

If we see a bunch more SS characters, Knoll should definitely have Gleipnir, and Ewan should have anything else, preferably anima related.

Really wanna see Artur though, if we're talking SS characters with tomes. Ivaldiiiiiii.

But yeah, I'm guessing the four new characters will be 40%, and the CYL will be 20%? It'd be the first time the TT reward unit would be a 40%, but it makes sense for this one TT. Unless of course we're getting a second Farfetched banner, which would be awesome and unexpected. 

On 11/14/2017 at 11:34 PM, Anacybele said:

I'm glad Joshua is the reward. He's the only one I like much out of these four (though I don't dislike Lute, I'm neutral to her).

But I doubt I'll get 99,000 this time since I won't be pulling on that banner (they'll be the 40% bonus characters, most likely). Oh well...

I'm super duper late

But just remember that a week after this TT comes out is the 12 person 8% banner

You probably want orbs for that at least, right?

5 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

Really wanna see Artur though, if we're talking SS characters with tomes. Ivaldiiiiiii.

Speaking of Ivaldi, L’Arachel has it in her recent Cipher card. One can dream…