Tempest Trials: Less than Heroic!

Vaximillian

Jesus Christ. I have none of the green 8% units and I want a lot of the available SI for the other guys I do have...but Steady Breath is the skill I want the most in the entire game for my adult Tiki. 

Of course, I spent 25 orbs on the TT banner and got a +HP -Res five star Fae for it instead.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I finally got to update the OP. Yay me!

I’ve got my CYL Ike. Maybe I could run my current arena team of Sharena, Arvis, Ninian, and Ike? Or I can take Katarina and Eirika instead.

If only I had Ephraim and/or Azura to not overload my team with reds!..

Well, the good news is I don't need any of the new units because B!Ike is the 40% bonus unit. Gives me the chance to grind orbs for the legendary banner.

The sad news is that it wasn't B!Lyn. See, I gave the summoner support to her. I can already see how glorious she'll be on the second party though. B!Ike's also -Atk, but I used him during Moment of Fate, it'll be fine.

I'm thinking of using this for a TT team: Brave Ike, F Corrin, Celica, and Serra. I'm hoping I can get alot of SP when using Serra, I still need to fully train up a Sakura from level 1, and I think I will need a little more SP on my Clarine.

Free pull on the re-run of the Brave Heroes banner got me BRAVE ROY HECK YES

Last time the banner was around the only one I got was Brave Lyn, getting Roy for free this morning was ridiculously exciting.

But now I have to decide how to use my orbs... I want heroes from the Brave set, from the new Farfetched set, and from the upcoming Legendary set. So many heroes, too little orbs... but I'm glad they're showing they'll bring back seasonal and unique heroes, it makes me feel less urgency about getting everyone right away.

I only have Brave Lyn, who is max Hero Merit (they should increase the max again, that's just me). But she isn't max SP, so it isn't a total loss. Brave Lyn and Ninian are going to be on my team; the rest might be me swapping people around for Hero Merit (like the last Tempest Trails)

Good thing I managed to pull B!Ike when he first came out, now I can have one 40% unit and use the rest of my team slots for units who need leveling.  As long as I have a good bonus unit I spam TT as a training ground.

Yay! B!Ike is a bonus, and a 40% one! My B!Ike is really powerful right now, so I can't wait to see how good he is with TT Buffs.

Base			W/ TT	|	Urvan
-----------------------------	|	Swap	
HP 	48		58	|	Bonfire/Ignis/Aether
Atk	54		58	|	Steady Breath
Spd	26		30	|	Quick Reposte 3
Def	40		44	|	Threaten Def 3
Res	22		26	|	Distant Def 3 SS

He is +Def/-Spd and he does have Summoner Support, so that helps a lot. Distant Def SS and Steady Breath also add to his bulk.

With Delthea add Dark Aura, and any two of these: Hone Spd, Fortify Def, Fortify Res. So +6 Atk/ +4 Spd/Def. 

Basically, I want to see if he can be unkillable in this tempest. This will be fun :)

Hmm, I wonder if maybe I should try switching out Reinhardt for CYLyn.  My Hardt's maxed out in HM and SP, so he doesn't get much out of it, but I'd have to get around to giving Lyn a Brave Bow.

For TT, I will use a team of Celica, Brave Lyn, PA!Azura, and "Marth". Joshua will probably replace either "Marth", or Brave Lyn. I would try for one of the brace units or the new heroes, but I want my orbs to go towards the super banner.

I'm so glad Bike is 40%. I would use an all CYL team but I already maxed everyone but him, Blyn and Broy during the FE7 tempest and Lancina in the FE4 tempest. 

I'll just use Bike and whoever needs HM and SP

I'm going to use the brave versions of Ike, Roy, and Lyn for my tempest team. As for the fourth slot, I'm not sure yet. Maybe Nephenee since I made her my summoner support unit the other day, though if I get Lute or Mia it'll definitely be one of them.

I blew like 300 orbs on the original CYL banner hunting for Lucina (after taking the free Lyn) and never got her, while a -def +res Ike spooked me on a no-blues session with my last handful of orbs. I was somewhat salty over him and his crap nature ever since, but I guess I can't be upset anymore thanks to this TT. I'd have no 40% bonus if not for him, so I guess he's clutching it out for me.

I should have gone with my heart and picked Lucina as my freebie instead of being enticed by horse cancer

Alright time to choose my team for the TT. Bike is a given because he's my only 40% bonus unit, Lancina is in because I've neglected her for a very long while now and she needs the SP. B!Lyn is on the iffy side, on one hand she's a monster and will destroy about everything (she even has desperation if Sacae's blessing turns to be more useless than good) but she already has capped HM and having a mage would offer more balance to my team. The 4th spot is most likely going to be for one of the Olivias and Genny when using auto battle.

5 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hmm, I wonder if maybe I should try switching out Reinhardt for CYLyn.  My Hardt's maxed out in HM and SP, so he doesn't get much out of it, but I'd have to get around to giving Lyn a Brave Bow.

Lyn certainly doesn't need a Brave Bow. With the TT buffs she will tear through stuff regardless.

Auto-battles are going to be super easy with all of these OP units. I'm thinking of giving Dorcas Sol and the Distant Defense seal to make him close to invincible.