The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It is my least favorite part of her character (made better by the idea that she doesn't seem to have disguised herself as Marth in the future, just taken his name), but you also probably shouldn't expect too much logic and continuity in this game. I mean, in the first tempest, a Lucina was there when "Marth" was talking to them.

Yup, that annoyed me. I want to try and find it amusing, but it just grates instead >.<

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, this is really cute, plus Marth makes everything good.

I do agree with you guys. I've never liked the whole idea of Masked 'Marth', but this is mainly because when I search for Marth topics or fanarts, it brings up Lucina. It's a small, but powerful peeve. Marth and Lucina's Warriors support addresses a couple of issues with it nicely, though, such as Lucina's intentions, etc.

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I like how this newest omake finally addresses my annoyance with Masked Lucina. It feels odd that so many people seem to humour her, when they all must know she is not Marth (and heck, who she even is). I just find the whole thing so stupid -.-

But I like this comic. Her reaction to Marth is both adorable and funny :)

Ns12edM.jpg

You're not alone.

A small caveat though: I don't think she ever pretends to be Marth even in Awakening, but merely takes on his name. 

Edited by Thane

5 hours ago, Lau said:

Again, this is really cute, plus Marth makes everything good.

I do agree with you guys. I've never liked the whole idea of Masked 'Marth', but this is mainly because when I search for Marth topics or fanarts, it brings up Lucina. It's a small, but powerful peeve. Marth and Lucina's Warriors support addresses a couple of issues with it nicely, though, such as Lucina's intentions, etc.

Yeah, I like their Warriors support (Warriors does a good Marth in my opinion) fairly well. Though, yes, I don't think she impersonated him, at least not until going back in time since she always just mentions taking his name, not his identity. Plus, it probably wouldn't have worked when people knew her as their leader.

6 hours ago, Thane said:

*Snip*

A small caveat though: I don't think she ever pretends to be Marth even in Awakening, but merely takes on his name. 

Love that comic xD 

I didn't mind it so much in Awakening as it felt like she took on his name to inspire herself, but it just feels stupid in Heroes and Warriors to me. It feels even worse that the mask actually breaks in her damaged art, as if we're not to know who she is until that moment. I dunno. It just grates on me and I struggle to find it amusing, personally. Until I get moments like this. I haven't reached many supports in Warriors, so definitely plan to check that out :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hm! Seems I got my wish for the next chapter to involve seasonal units. But if this comic followed my idea, it would end with Lucina donning a spring outfit and pretending to be seasonal. Guess the artist just really wants her to be alone and un-loved.

Alright, next prediction is a comic involving two of the same character interacting with each other. So far these comics work under the assumption that there are no dupes, and that's just unbelievable.

@Coolmanio

I think the title could be more accurately translated as "A future that has been saved... exists!" If my interpretation is correct, this is the realization that Masked Marth comes to after seeing Spring Lucina and Spring Chrom walking by happily (i.e. if the last frame had a speech/thought bubble/box, the title text would be in it).

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Coolmanio

I think the title could be more accurately translated as "A future that has been saved... exists!" If my interpretation is correct, this is the realization that Masked Marth comes to after seeing Spring Lucina and Spring Chrom walking by happily (i.e. if the last frame had a speech/thought bubble/box, the title text would be in it).

Interesting!

I interpreted the last panel as MM being jealous of S!Chrom and S!Lucina, not happy for them.

23 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Interesting!

I interpreted the last panel as MM being jealous of S!Chrom and S!Lucina, not happy for them.

Actually, the more I look at the title, the more it looks like "A future I was able to save... exists!" (using "I" loosely since the speaker is Masked Marth, but the antecedent is "Lucina" in general and not a specific instance of Lucina).

救えた is the past potential form of "to save", and this would suggest that Masked Marth is seeing Spring Lucina and deducing that Spring Lucina had successfully saved the future in the world she had some from (otherwise, she wouldn't be in such high spirits) and realizing that there was hope for herself.

Lmao, it looked like a facepalm to me at the outfits xD

I wish it had showed Chrom, though. I wanted to see Chrom's reaction to his outfit...

Or, even more, I wish it showed Xander seeing Bunny Xander and Naked Xander and his reaction to them xD

Still a cute addition :D

@Coolmanio

One more thing I realized: Masked Marth has vertical furrows in her chin in the last frame. While I can't be 100% certain, I think that generally implies an attempt at holding back tears of joy and not tears of [insert negative emotion here] (e.g. a clingy dad happy about how much his child has grown sort of thing).

I'll definitely want someone to either corroborate or refute that observation, though.

Oh wow, I only discover this thread now when I was translating these comics separately and independently for weeks (since page 2) over on twitter... xD I'll make it a point to only read them after done translating, because it's always fun how different translators go about translating the same dialogue differently. : ) (Considering I take the more liberal approaches these days that some people do not prefer).

In my experience, I too interpreted it as crying tears of joy that such a happy future does exist. The humorous part (in Japanese humor) comes in at the fact they're wearing ridiculous outfits, so a bit over the top in the peaceful sense/caused such a peaceful future they can wear such outfits.

The posters that say "クロム様絶対死中" serve to add to the emotional catharsis too, as that is fading away along with the rest of the despair that was once that future.

Edited by Kirokan

8 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Lmao, it looked like a facepalm to me at the outfits xD

I wish it had showed Chrom, though. I wanted to see Chrom's reaction to his outfit...

Or, even more, I wish it showed Xander seeing Bunny Xander and Naked Xander and his reaction to them xD

Still a cute addition :D

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought she looked exasperated at the end there.

I think Chrom may be the most reluctant seasonal character if some of his tap lines are any indication.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Okay, so I'm not the only one who thought she looked exasperated at the end there.

I think Chrom may be the most reluctant seasonal character if some of his tap lines are any indication.

That's true xD 

It would be funny to see normal Chrom's reactions, especially since Lucina has already just had a focus page, but oh well :) 

I thought Xander would be funny because of just how outlandish his Spring outfit, espeically, is xD 

6 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

That's true xD 

It would be funny to see normal Chrom's reactions, especially since Lucina has already just had a focus page, but oh well :) 

I thought Xander would be funny because of just how outlandish his Spring outfit, espeically, is xD 

Chrom's reaction might have been funnier, but not as meaningful, so I can see why they'd do it. Though I wish they'd stop using masked Lucina at least.

Edited by Arthur97

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Chrom's reaction might have been funnier, but not as meaningful, so I can see why they'd do it. Though I wish they'd stop using masked Lucina at least.

I'd've been happier with funnier over meaningful lol 

But I'm not the only person in the audience. Hopefully the focus carries on going through all the characters some more. They've used some surprising ones so far :D 

In terms of flow, I'd have used "well then" instead of "then" in the third panel, but otherwise I don't see any issues (two syllables sounds better there). I think it also has a more disappointed feel to it (of the "really?" sort).

Faye's expressions are great.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In terms of flow, I'd have used "well then" instead of "then" in the third panel, but otherwise I don't see any issues (two syllables sounds better there). I think it also has a more disappointed feel to it (of the "really?" sort).

Faye's expressions are great.

Haha, I really don't know how to talk like a complete and total psychopath (like Faye). I just thought one word, blunt answers would seem more detached and creepy. 

Is she disappointed? Or having a mental break down?

Just now, Coolmanio said:

Is she disappointed? Or having a mental break down?

She gives me a feeling of "then why the hell did you bring me here?" A mix of annoyance and disappointment directed at the summoner.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Imagine if Heroes really did leave you if certain conditions weren't met.

...what if this is a teaser for such a mechanic involving new heroes in 2018?

Please no. I don't have either Alm or Faye...
A "recruit Condition" would kill a large portion of the players.

16 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

Chapter 9

Poor Faye... 
Ordinary village girl with a crush/obsession on the main protagonist, and a "Normal Girl" with a crush/obsession on the main protagonist. Nope, definitely not part clone.