The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I expect Fehrena in the next seasonal banner.

On a side note these comics made me ship Alfonse x Kiran because i'm 5 years old.

It's okay. So am I apparently. ;A; But I'm not going to stop.

Poor Sharena. She just wants love and attention. But she also found a major flaw in the Heroes' defenses. The villains just need goofy costumes to infiltrate their ranks. Basically Loki.

5 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Anyone find it ironic that the two people who got shafted for seasonals (Ryoma and Marth) are in this comic as well?

maybe a hint hint to the developers?

Haha, that's a nice thought :D I wonder how much artistic freedom the artists are given for these. Is it entirely up to them who to include and what stories to tell?

22 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

This may sound stupid, but has Feh's sex been confirmed, yet?  I know a woman voices the owl in the FEH Channel announcements, but I don't think the comics have confirmed anything as far as pronouns.

21 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

No. Feh is never given a pronoun in Japanese (they don't really use them anyways). Feh is always just referred to as Feh.

21 hours ago, Xenomata said:

@Selena4Lyfe Seems both Gamepedia wiki and Fire Emblem Wiki refer to Feh with female pronouns (Gamepedia even lists Feh as Female), but I do also feel like Feh was given a feminine pronoun in official material somewhere... but I can neither remember or even begin to guess what.

Feh is heavily implied to be female in Japanese. Her first-person pronoun is "わたくし" (watakushi), which is rare for use among males outside of anime butlers (and probably also real butlers). The pun used in the name "FEH Channel" in Japanese, "フェーちゃんねる" (Feh-chan neru, "Feh-chan sleeps"), also suggests Feh to be female with its choice of honorific for Feh.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Feh is heavily implied to be female in Japanese. Her first-person pronoun is "わたくし" (watakushi), which is rare for use among males outside of anime butlers (and probably also real butlers). The pun used in the name "FEH Channel" in Japanese, "フェーちゃんねる" (Feh-chan neru, "Feh-chan sleeps"), also suggests Feh to be female with its choice of honorific for Feh.

I only understand a handful of words and honorifics that I've picked up from the occasional Japanese dub of anime.  If I understand correctly, Chan is the honorific used for women and San is the honorific used for men?  Or is Chan used for both women and children, and San is used for men?

19 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Stop bullying Shareena

Firstly, there is only one 'e' in Sharena.  Secondly, who's bullying the girl?

Edited by Selena4Lyfe
Didn't wanna double-post.

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

I only understand a handful of words and honorifics that I've picked up from the occasional Japanese dub of anime.  If I understand correctly, Chan is the honorific used for women and San is the honorific used for men?  Or is Chan used for both women and children, and San is used for men?

It's far less well delineated than that. For the ones most commonly used in the modern day,

• -san: The most general honorific. Should be used with most people. Considered a common courtesy to show other people, especially those you don't know well, at least this amount of respect.
  • -sama: Used for people with a significantly higher status than you as an acknowledgement of their status, though typically not used if the person has a formal title that can be used instead. Also used by the service industry to refer to guests as well as pretty much any place that allows people to rent temporary space (hotel room, recording studio, concert stage, etc.). This is also used in formal letter greetings regardless of the recipient's status (much like how "Dear...," is used in English).
  • -kun: In non-professional settings, this is typically used for male acquaintances and friends. This is less formal than -san and typically more formal than dropping the honorific altogether. In a professional setting, this is used for co-workers and subordinates in the same company as you regardless of gender.
  • -chan: Typically used for female friends. This typically indicates greater familiarity than dropping the honorific altogether. Also used for young children.

There are exceptions everywhere, and works of fiction will generally use varied honorifics more liberally than normal as a device to aid characterization or establish relationship dynamics.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's far less well delineated than that. For the ones most commonly used in the modern day,

• -san: The most general honorific. Should be used with most people. Considered a common courtesy to show other people, especially those you don't know well, at least this amount of respect.
  • -sama: Used for people with a significantly higher status than you as an acknowledgement of their status, though typically not used if the person has a formal title that can be used instead. Also used by the service industry to refer to guests as well as pretty much any place that allows people to rent temporary space (hotel room, recording studio, concert stage, etc.). This is also used in formal letter greetings regardless of the recipient's status (much like how "Dear...," is used in English).
  • -kun: In non-professional settings, this is typically used for male acquaintances and friends. This is less formal than -san and typically more formal than dropping the honorific altogether. In a professional setting, this is used for co-workers and subordinates in the same company as you regardless of gender.
  • -chan: Typically used for female friends. This typically indicates greater familiarity than dropping the honorific altogether. Also used for young children.

There are exceptions everywhere, and works of fiction will generally use varied honorifics more liberally than normal as a device to aid characterization or establish relationship dynamics.

I don't know what I love more in this thread, the comic itself or the bits of Japanese knowledge that I get from the likes of you.

Thanks for the info!  :^_^:

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

-chan is also used when referring to cute animals (my students constantly say うさぎちゃん and いぬちゃん) and often used to refer to 'mascot' type characters in certain anime, like ケロちゃん from キャードカプタさくら, so I personally don't take this as a factor when looking at Feh.

Feh is just Feh, haha.

6 hours ago, Coolmanio said:

-chan is also used when referring to cute animals (my students constantly say うさぎちゃん and いぬちゃん) and often used to refer to 'mascot' type characters in certain anime, like ケロちゃん from キャードカプタさくら, so I personally don't take this as a factor when looking at Feh.

Feh is just Feh, haha.

Which is why I mentioned the first-person pronoun argument first. There's less ambiguity in that one (even if it is entirely possible that Feh is actually a butler).

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Which is why I mentioned the first-person pronoun argument first. There's less ambiguity in that one (even if it is entirely possible that Feh is actually a butler).

Oh, sorry! I didn't even see that! I have yet to watch a Feh Channel in Japanese, so I wasn't aware of that.

I wonder if we will ever see Feh talk in one of these comics 0.0

D'aaaw, Xander looks absolutely adorable in this, especially his surprised face at the end. I love the art style of these comics :D 

Laslow looks so smug, it's hilarious. You just know he's been hitting on women behind Xander's back xD 

Also... the comic pretty much hits upon why I really don't care for Gray and Clair as a couple...

Edited by Cute Chao

Firstly, I'll be disappointed if the next one isn't Laslow and Gray arguing over which of them is the better ladies man, with the punchline being/involving Soleil.

Secondly, I await for someone to make a Dio meme out of this one oh who I am kidding someone probably did already.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Also... the comic pretty much hits upon why I really don't care for Gray and Clair as a couple...

I supported Clair with Tobin, and not only because Gray didn’t show his dumb face yet.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I hate to say it, Gray, but Laslow is probably more Clair's type. 

Laslow×Selena though.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Cute Chao said:

D'aaaw, Xander looks absolutely adorable in this, especially his surprised face at the end. I love the art style of these comics :D 

Laslow looks so smug, it's hilarious. You just know he's been hitting on women behind Xander's back xD 

Truth be told, I'm surprised the dialogue didn't have her saying akin to "The rapscallion will depart from me now."  I mean, come on, that's literally a defining speech mannerism!  How dare the localization team not use it! lol

Sorry for the late HQ version. I was kinda busy with stuff and whatnot. So, to make things a little special, I decided to redraw some stuff for the first time with the SFX. Now, enjoy my terrible redraw skills. :D

xkwhwlq.jpg

On 3/20/2018 at 6:02 PM, Cute Chao said:

Same here.

Out of all the couples in Echoes, they have zero chemistry together. Plus, Gray was kind of a jerk in their support conversations.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Cute Chao said:

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Same here.

Out of all the couples in Echoes, they have zero chemistry together. Plus, Gray was kind of a jerk in their support conversations.

I agree, I hated the Gray/Clair pairing. I quite simply treat them as non-canon in my head-canon. No chemistry, and Clair deserves better. I also didn't particularly care for Gray in the game.

On 3/20/2018 at 11:57 PM, Glennstavos said:

I hate to say it, Gray, but Laslow is probably more Clair's type.

True, Laslow seems like he would have better chemistry with Clair.

32 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

Same here.

Gray was pretty much the epitome of no means yes. I don't like that trope at all. I know Clair is snobbish, but even so, she basically tells him to stop hitting on her and he keeps on doing it anyway. I do agree about the zero chemistry, too. I get they might want to show different people together but it just didn't work in this instance.

22 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I agree, I hated the Gray/Clair pairing. I quite simply treat them as non-canon in my head-canon. No chemistry, and Clair deserves better. I also didn't particularly care for Gray in the game.

I liked Gray as a character in his other supports, but not his ones with Clair. I crackship her with someone else because I prefer how they look together, and I feel they would work better xD 

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Truth be told, I'm surprised the dialogue didn't have her saying akin to "The rapscallion will depart from me now."  I mean, come on, that's literally a defining speech mannerism!  How dare the localization team not use it! lol

Oh well, maybe next time xD