The Everyday Life of Heroes - Official FEH Manga (with translations)! Ch. 100!!! (10/23)

Coolmanio

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Mercakete said:

XD Nice. I liked this one! It's good that Lissa learned a lesson, and it was cool to see all those sisters talking about that. :) And Sharena making Chrom's peeking around the pillar thing a double was amusing, too. Ahh, poor Chrom. I'd like to see a follow-up with the brothers chatting. :)

Actually, I do remember that there was a support conversation with Chrom and Elise in Fire Emblem Warriors that he was talking about traps and he was surprised to know Elise doesn't make traps like Lissa does. I'm pretty sure Chrom wasn't too strict to tell his little sister to stop making traps. I'm pretty sure Lissa is still childish and Chrom didn't strict Lissa with her harmful hobbies since both of their parents died when Chrom was 8 and Lissa was a new born after their father was killed in the Plegian War.

17 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Gotta love how the translators have different but similar takes on Lissa's and Chrom's thoughts.

Now that the comic has been posted on the main site in Japanese (@Coolmanio Where do you get the LQ versions of these from?), I can definitely say I like Coolmanio's translation of the last two frames better. The lines that Lissa and Chrom say are nearly identical to each other in Japanese (the "I never knew that" is exactly identical), differing really only by a few grammatical elements that reflect how the characters normally talk, so it makes sense to translate them into English with the two lines as similar to each other as possible.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:38 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Now that the comic has been posted on the main site in Japanese (@Coolmanio Where do you get the LQ versions of these from?), I can definitely say I like Coolmanio's translation of the last two frames better. The lines that Lissa and Chrom say are nearly identical to each other in Japanese (the "I never knew that" is exactly identical), differing really only by a few grammatical elements that reflect how the characters normally talk, so it makes sense to translate them into English with the two lines as similar to each other as possible.

They are posted on LINE at 4 pm JST every Tuesday :)

Yeah, I was much more literal with my translation since I figured the parallelism was kind of part of the joke, hahaha.

@Coolmanio

I think "不幸" would probably be better translated as "misfortune", "accident", or "disaster" (for increasing levels of severity) rather than "sorrow". "Sorrow" seems perhaps a bit too tame to be a threat.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's also not quite severe enough to refer to one's own death, but it is apparently a euphemism for the death of someone close to you. So it seems perhaps more likely that Tharja is threatening to kill someone else and not Hel herself.

Though either way, Tharja is wonderful.

Wow, the meta is strong with this one. And of course Tharja's a spam emailer xD

49 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

Can I say that I love the way they are making fun of their own plot?

Agreed, they didn't even wait for Book 3 to finish!

Edited by DefyingFates