Fire Emblem Heroes buffed some stuff: New precedent discussion

Zapp Branniglenn

Fire Emblem Heroes Buffed some stuff.   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Emblem Heroes Buffed some stuff. Is this a big deal?

• Yeah, very big deal. Looking out for how they expand on these ideas to keep characters relevant!
    • *Yawn* Nope. Saw these sorts of updates coming a mile away
  2. 2. Do these changes directly address power creep to your liking?

• Yup
    • Not yet. But I'll wait and see for myself.
    • Haha no. #Ayragate

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I was actually thinking about that after I wrote my post....

I don't think anyone does actually... and one can expect that it probably won't happen ever (or at least any time soon)

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Why not? They got the other two. Then again, Thoron seems to be well on its way to being Robin exclusive...which ironically neither one has Thoron+.

I'd like to see it on unit in a banner soon, just so I'd know that we're getting at least one 4*.  Who knows if the new weapon forge will make a non blade, non raven tome worth it for anybody.

1 minute ago, bethany81707 said:

Rexcalibur had to be introduced on Soren.

Meanwhile, Bolganone and Fenrir were in Day 1 (Lilina and Sophia).

True, but that was 7 months ago.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty happy about the changes as I use Minerva/Michalis and would like to use the Lyn/Jaffar I have. There are definitely still underpowered weapons that need to addressed but one step at a time.

I wonder what the Sol Katti+ will do. Flashing Blade + Wrath on Lyn sounds pretty sexy.

Buffed wolf tomes are pretty interesting too (2 of their users are GHB characters tho...). Will GronnWolf be a better meta counter than TA GronnRaven?

I'm a little concerned about the availability of the new resources. If they're anything like Sacred Coins, it's going to make upgraded weapons a serious luxury item. It's good that you can buff underpowered weapons, but at the same time, other characters come buffed right out of the box.

8 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I hope Lloyd will be on the list of Prf upgrades in the future as well. +2Atk/Spd at 100% health isn't groundbreaking enough that you would make an effort to keep him at full health. 

It's actually +2Atk/Spd when the opponent is at 100% health, which is better but could still use a buff.

40 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Perhaps. I think I am more excited to see what Fujin Yumi does than anything else lol

Same, I'm hyped for Pass 3 and Obstruct if his HP is greater < 90% as one of the possible weapon upgrades.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm just saying, it's possible since Soren is a thing.

I was expecting Tailtiu to get Thoron+, to be honest, as it was kinda her thing. Guess we still have Arlen, Tine, and Linda.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Distant Counter would be cool, too.

Or Ash Sweep.  It prevents Takumi from countering, but does not prevent the enemy from doing so.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Or Ash Sweep.  It prevents Takumi from countering, but does not prevent the enemy from doing so.

Is that there to symbolize the last hour of the voting gauntlet?

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Is that there to symbolize the last hour of the voting gauntlet?

True, but I think we should also make the Fuijin Yumi+ lose its effectiveness against Fliers.

13 minutes ago, Refa said:

Same, I'm hyped for Pass 3 and Obstruct if his HP is greater < 90% as one of the possible weapon upgrades.

Pass + Obstruct

Why does that sound like a meme

I was hoping for something a little better for combat, maybe a built in Quick Riposte like Kektor's weapon

@Rezzy Did Siegmund get any draw backs with its upgrade in th-

Midway through typing this I realized the joke

Edited by Arcanite

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Pass + Obstruct

Why does that sound like a meme

I was hoping for something a little better for combat, maybe a built in Quick Riposte like Kektor's weapon

@Rezzy Did Siegmund get any draw backs with its upgrade in th-

Midway through typing this I realized the joke

Semi-related, but is it that Ephraim's weapon gets a buff, but Eirika's doesn't?  It seems kinda weird.  Especially since I sometimes forget Eirika can even attack, and isn't just there to buff Nino.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Semi-related, but is it that Ephraim's weapon gets a buff, but Eirika's doesn't?  It seems kinda weird.  Especially since I sometimes forget Eirika can even attack, and isn't just there to buff Nino.

Wait a minute

Are all the units with upgradeable prfs 5 star exclusive? Right now all I can think of are Lyn Jaffar Ephraim Takumi Eldigan and Minerva

Only exception is Michalis, who is a GHB anyway, which still indicates some sort of exclusiveness since he isn't even pullable.

It may have something to do with that idk. Trade availability for special powers I guess? 

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Wait a minute

Are all the units with upgradeable prfs 5 star exclusive? Right now all I can think of are Lyn Jaffar Ephraim Takumi Eldigan and Minerva

Only exception is Michalis, who is a GHB anyway, which still indicates some sort of exclusiveness since he isn't even pullable.

It may have something to do with that idk. Trade availability for special powers I guess? 

I want to say Merric gets an upgradeable weapon.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I want to say Merric gets an upgradeable weapon.

Seliph as well

But those weapons are being evolved, as opposed to upgraded or refined, which they do specify to be different things (refinement and evolution respectively)

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Character usage might have factored into their choices; I see a lot more Eirikas than Ephraims (heck...I use Eirika over Ephraim 10 times out of 10 myself).

I’m sad though, I would have loved an upgrade for Sieglinde. I run Rally Def/Res + Panic Ploy 3 seal on her for maximum buff & buff reversal shenanigans, and that bonus HP would have been pretty sweet. Not to mention the bump to Hone Atk 3 that I assume would also have happened.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

10 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Character usage might have factored into their choices; I see a lot more Eirikas than Ephraims (heck...I use Eirika over Ephraim 10 times out of 10 myself).

I’m sad though, I would have loved an upgrade for Sieglinde. I run Rally Def/Res + Panic Ploy 3 seal on her for maximum buff & buff reversal shenanigans, and that bonus HP would have been pretty sweet. Not to mention the bump to Hone Atk 3 that I assume would also have happened.

There's also just the fact that Eirika has a better defensive stat spread, which helps her be a dedicated support unit, unlike Ephraim, whose stat spread is more offensive.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Wait a minute

They are indeed, so yeah exclusivity seems to be a major factor. You listed all the characters that are getting this specific upgrade, as well. If Sieglinde and Siegmund got the same boosts, I'd suspect most people would not bother pulling for Ephraim and simply upgrade Eirika if they felt they only needed one or the other.

I presume that IS regularly looks over data of what weapons people are using on their characters, natively learned or inherited, and are making these initial adjustments to see how it shifts player choices (in Arena and summoning).