Fire Emblem Heroes buffed some stuff: New precedent discussion

Zapp Branniglenn

Fire Emblem Heroes Buffed some stuff.   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Fire Emblem Heroes Buffed some stuff. Is this a big deal?

• Yeah, very big deal. Looking out for how they expand on these ideas to keep characters relevant!
    • *Yawn* Nope. Saw these sorts of updates coming a mile away
  2. 2. Do these changes directly address power creep to your liking?

• Yup
    • Not yet. But I'll wait and see for myself.
    • Haha no. #Ayragate

I'm really hoping Mystletainn gets a good upgrade, I'm already very satisfied with Siegmund getting the Follow-Up Ring effect and raising its buff to +4 ATK.  

My only complaint is that Binding Blade gets nothing.  Eckesachs I can accept since Threaten Def 2 is an okay effect, but BB really needed a buff.  They should've had DC to begin with, but whatever.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It'd be interesting if generic weapons could upgrade to being unit prfs, such as Berkut's Lance, Legion's Axe, Clarisse's Bow, etc.  None of these heroes are particularly strong or even used all that much, so it at least wouldn't be gamebreaking at the very least.

4 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

I'm really hoping Mystletainn gets a good upgrade, I'm already very satisfied with Siegmund getting the Follow-Up Ring effect and raising its buff to +4 ATK.  

My only complaint is that Binding Blade gets nothing.  Eckesachs I can accept since Threaten Def 2 is an okay effect, but BB really needed a buff.  They should've had DC to begin with, but whatever.

it seems being somewhat exclusive (5 star only or at least a Grand Hero Battle unit) is part of the refinement deal. All the prfs that are up-gradable are either on 5 star only units or GHB units

So thats probably why Roy Eirika and maybe even the Falchions didn't get upgrades either (though Zephiel probably needed an upgrade himself, not sure why he did not get it)

17 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Like making the Binding Blade have Distant Counter like it's supposed to?

I'd settle for effective against Dragons at this point, honestly, but yes, DC is my hope, or else Vantage seeing as how that's another defensive Skill for a clearly Enemy-Phase-oriented weapon. Fingers perpetually crossed for Our Boi™.

16 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The stream specifically points out that Eliwood, Merric, Linde, Seliph, and Julia can upgrade to Blazing Durandal, Dark Excalibur, Dark Aura, Divine Tyrfing, and Divine Naga, respectively.

Oh good, that means I can actually use my Eliwood as a decent Brave Roy substitute during Arena Assault and Tempest Trials. Any news on Hector? I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

9 hours ago, Sayyyaka said:

Siegmund's effect differs from Follow-Up Ring in that Siegmund's effect is player-phase only.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Any news on Hector? I haven't seen the whole thing yet.

Sol Katti, Mystletainn, Siegmund, Hauteclere, Fujin Yumi, and Deathly Dagger are the only weapons available for upgrade at this point.

Any weapon with a same-named "improved" version (e.g. Tyrfing) can be upgraded to their improved version (e.g. Divine Tyrfing).

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sol Katti, Mystletainn, Siegmund, Hauteclere, Fujin Yumi, and Deathly Dagger are the only weapons available for upgrade at this point.

Any weapon with a same-named "improved" version (e.g. Tyrfing) can be upgraded to their improved version (e.g. Divine Tyrfing).

Sweet, thanks Ice!

9 hours ago, Refa said:

It'd be interesting if generic weapons could upgrade to being unit prfs, such as Berkut's Lance, Legion's Axe, Clarisse's Bow, etc.  None of these heroes are particularly strong or even used all that much, so it at least wouldn't be gamebreaking at the very least.

The problem I'm seeing here is that you might already have sent these weapons over to someone else with SI. I don't think they'd make it so you can only refine them if they're on their original owners.

So.. hmm. I'm confused.

Will Dark Aura now be both a Green AND blue tome now that Linde can get it?

edit: Scratch that. Confused Sonya's Dark Excalibur with Delthea's Dark Aura.

Edited by Vince777

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

So.. hmm. I'm confused.

Will Dark Aura now be both a Green AND blue tome now that Linde can get it?

edit: Scratch that. Confused Sonya's Dark Excalibur with Delthea's Dark Aura.

Even if you didn't make that mistake, color is mechanically tied to the character and not to the weapon, as can be seen with the dragons.