Artwork and Sketches of the Book II Characters

VincentASM

So some Japanese websites got sent a bunch of assets for Book II. Click me.

Red twin-tail girl is called Lævateinn. Woman with the large assets and wielding a staff is Loki.

There is also attack/special/damaged art for all 4 characters.

Neutral artworks

heroes-fjorm-normal.jpg
heroes-sutr-normal.jpg
heroes-laevateinn-normal.jpg
heroes-loki-normal.jpg

Design sheets (1st page)

heroes-fjorm-design.jpg
heroes-sutr-design.jpg
heroes-laevateinn-design.jpg
heroes-loki-design.jpg

(If this has been posted already, banish me to the Ice Kingdom.)

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how readily she assumed forms of both genders I assumed Loki was non-human/ genderless (like the Norse Loki who switched both genders and forms). While I'm glad we finally see her, I really wish IS hadn't somehow made Camilla seem modest by comparison. Other than that, I love the designs, especially Lævateinn's! But it does amuse me that Fjorm's cape seems made to protect her modesty as much as it makes her more imposing :P

Anyway, thank you for sharing these with us - they look great and I can't wait for Book 2! (I assume it's coming on the 27th? Feh said it'd be available "right away", but there's no sign of it right now. I assume "right away" meant "as soon as the update happens"...)

Not really a fan of the new characters. Aside from Loki (why?), Fjorm is showing way too much skin for someone who comes from an ice kingdom. Fire king is pretty standard and even more in your face evil than the 3DS villains. The fire girl is ok. I just hope this isn't a precedent to what FE16 designs will be like.

I like them all except for boob lady. Wtf is even the upper part of her outfit? It makes no sense and is far too revealing. How does it even stay on her boobs?

But I like the rest! Especially pigtail girl, she's cute. Why do the fire guys have to be the evil ones... Fire is awesome. Ice is meh. But I still like Fjorm.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

Not really a fan of the new characters. Aside from Loki (why?)

In my opinion, I don't find her design all that bad. I mean, in concept she seams to be designed to be the direct opposite of Sharena. With Sharena we have a kind, innocent,  young girl with no sort of sexualization at all in her visual design, but looking at Loki, we have here a much older woman what seams to be a more seductive nature and an...well lets just call it an interesting design visually. 

Anyways you get what Im sayin right? While the design is a bit much, at least its thematic.

Also something I might as well bring up is the possibility of getting another Camilla. While we could get another Camilla incident where the design team goes overboard with the design, unlike with Camilla who clearly had her gimmicks pushed way more than her counterpart ever did, Loki may be very different. Camilla had next to no real relevance to the story. Loki is a main antagonist. Also unlike Hinoka, Sharena actually has a proper character that is consistent and everything. Lastly judging from Loki's dialog that we have seen story so far, she doesn't seam to have been exaggerated too much.

Nice to see another artist working on the story, no that I have anything against Kozaki, but it's good to get some fresh talent. Lævateinn looks like a evil version of Severa/Selena. Fjorm looks very sweet, bonus for having a main character not wield a sword. Surtr has the look of Akuma of the Street Fighter series. And finally Loki, well endowed check, purple hair check, long hair, check,  staff unit interesting, I want her to be playable.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I'm sorry, but can we get a different name for pigtail girl in English, localization? I have no idea how to pronounce that or even type it.

Laevateinn, pronounced lay-vuh-tay-n.

Like Mystleteinn, but Laevateinn.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Also, I'm sorry, but can we get a different name for pigtail girl in English, localization? I have no idea how to pronounce that or even type it.

Laevateinn? I wouldn't be surprised if they changed her name. We did get Sharon to Sharena.

By the way, each of the characters has a intended design from the design sheets.

Fjorm is meant to represent a swan on a frozen lake.
Sutr is a demon that wears flames.
Laevateinn is a raven that brings death.
Loki is a dazzling, bewitching flower ("dazzling" can be a synonym for bewitching, so she is doubly "bewitching" : P).

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Still a mouthful and I still can't type the name the way it's supposed to look because of that weird "ae" thing. I'd prefer a name that's a bit easier to say and write.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Thank you

LAY VUH TAY N

Sounds fancy~ I like it

Also Loki LOL I am used to seeing stuff like this because gacha games LOVE to have characters that look like that.
But like
why though

I think we were good enough with the.... fan service but I guess they did not feel that way.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Still a mouthful and I still can't type the name the way it's supposed to look because of that weird "ae" thing. I'd prefer a name that's a bit easier to say and write.

They wanted to make it extra sophisticated

Or something

Im honestly not sure why but meh whatevs. No use complaining I guess.... let's call her Lava for short :D:

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You can type the æ by holding ALT and then pressing 0230

I adore the Sutr's design! It's so menacing and fiery. His giant Scythe is such a dream! Like WOW that looks like it can shatter the ground.

Edited by Captain Vulgar
I should've said more

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Let’s localise Anacybele into something easier to say or write. I suggest Kelly.

If you can’t be bothered to type æ, you can always type ae. It’s pronounced the same way as “a” in “cake”.

Let’s localise Anacybele into something easier to say or write. I suggest Kelly.

If you can’t be bothered to type æ, you can always type ae. It’s pronounced the same way as “a” in “cake”.

Hey, Anacybele at least doesn't use a symbol that my keyboard lacks. You don't have to act so rude.

3 minutes ago, Captain Vulgar said:

You can type the æ by holding ALT and then pressing 0230

That's a lot of buttons for one symbol. :/ And I don't think I'd easily remember that.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Hey, Anacybele at least doesn't use a symbol that my keyboard lacks. You don't have to act so rude.

That's a lot of buttons for one symbol. :/ And I don't think I'd easily remember that.

All the presses take some getting used to, and you can get used to it pretty quickly actually. If not, I think giving her a nickname is a good way to go about it.

Type ae then. A and e are on every keyboard. AE is functionally the same as Æ.

1 minute ago, Captain Vulgar said:

All the presses take some getting used to, and you can get used to it pretty quickly actually. If not, I think giving her a nickname is a good way to go about it.

Yeah, I do like Arcanite's idea of calling her Lava. :P

Type ae then. A and e are on every keyboard. AE is functionally the same as Æ.

Suppose that's fair then, yeah.

Yeah, I do like Arcanite's idea of calling her Lava. :P

Suppose that's fair then, yeah.

Layva then, if you so insist on giving her a nickname. Layva is at least pronounced as a part of her name, unlike Lava.

(non-English letters are often beautiful)

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Layva then, if you so insist on giving her a nickname. Layva is at least pronounced as a part of her name, unlike Lava.

(non-English letters are often beautiful)

Lava relates to fire though. I like it more.

I don't really like any of the new characters much except the third one down. Really dislike the last one. What's with the weird half leggings they've decided are a thing now? Just so her buttock is randomly visible?

Doesn't give me much hope for the new Fire Emblem game and getting rid of random thigh gaps / thong armour -.-

I quite like the third one, though. Her design is appealing :)

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lava relates to fire though. I like it more.

Lava is a pretty cute nickname. It feels fitting. But now I'm thinking of Lævateinn as Lava Girl.

I didn't say anything about her weapon earlier, but I really dig the design. It looks so sinister.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Not really a fan of the new characters. Aside from Loki (why?), Fjorm is showing way too much skin for someone who comes from an ice kingdom. Fire king is pretty standard and even more in your face evil than the 3DS villains. The fire girl is ok. I just hope this isn't a precedent to what FE16 designs will be like.

I don’t see that much skin, but I agree her design could have been more Eskimo-based, but I guess they decided to go cliche Norse influence.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

While I'm glad we finally see her, I really wish IS hadn't somehow made Camilla seem modest by comparison.

• Developer A: Gentlemen, it appears that Camilla is receiving some controversy for being too sexualized. How do we improve her reception?
  • Developer B: Uh, maybe we should make an even more sexualized character to make Camilla look better in comparison?
  • Developer A: Brilliant!
43 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

What's with the weird half leggings they've decided are a thing now? Just so her buttock is randomly visible?

Great, she wasn't satisfied with just ripping off Camilla, now she's ripping off Azura too? At least Azura's design has style.

But at least Fjorm and Ganondorf Surtr have good designs, hopefully they'll have good voices too.