Artwork and Sketches of the Book II Characters

VincentASM

6 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:
  •  

But at least Fjorm and Ganondorf Surtr have good designs, hopefully they'll have good voices too.

I really like Fjorm but the guy just seems a bit like generic hulking guy villain to me. He reminds me a bit of the Pokémon XY villain bulked out and given armour.

That axe is really nice, though. I really want that axe...

Edit: Got Fjorm and Lava confused. Fjorm is... eh to me again. I really like Lava, though. 

Edited by Cute Chao

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Captain Vulgar said:

You can type the æ by holding ALT and then pressing 0230

I adore the Sutr's design! It's so menacing and fiery. His giant Scythe is such a dream! Like WOW that looks like it can shatter the ground.

How did you even know about that command?

I think these new designs are pretty cool.

Fjorm is pretty cute, the ear rings and crystals on her outfit are a nice touch. Her lance also looks pretty sweet. Altough, like Sharena, I don`t understand why her boots have a thigh opening. Still, I like her design a lot. Also, yay for a non sword wielding OC.

Surtr looks really intimidating and his cape looks awesome. Yeah, he looks a lot like Garon, but I don`t mind too much. Though his sythe axe bothers me a bit.

Lævateinn (aka Lava Girl) reminds me a lot of Severa (the twin tails and her face gives me a real tsundere/bratty girl vibe). It`s not bad though, probably my favourite of the new characters, alongside Fjorm. Her sword is cool to.

Loki, while the normal fanservicey goodness, has a few design choices that bother me. The thigh opening is distracting, like female Corrin`s thigh holes and Camilla`s skirt thing. And he wears only one sock, for some reason. Finally, the random purple strap around her waist. I don`t know why but it just bugs me.

I like how all the villans have black feathers on their outfits while the heroes have white ones. Nice touch.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Fjorm is meant to represent a swan on a frozen lake.
Sutr is a demon that wears flames.
Laevateinn is a raven that brings death.
Loki is a dazzling, bewitching flower ("dazzling" can be a synonym for bewitching, so she is doubly "bewitching" : P).

Makes sense.The cape does remind me of swan wings.

Again, makes sense.The cape does look like flames, plus there`s his attack in the promo video.

Raven? Okay I guess.

Guess this gives us a reason why this Loki is female. (Yes, I know Loki in Norse mythology can changes his gender and form, like in Echoes). Well, other than the obvious fanservice. Also, redundancy ftw.

Edited by Metal Flash

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I like them all except for boob lady. Wtf is even the upper part of her outfit? It makes no sense and is far too revealing. How does it even stay on her boobs?

Glue.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Laevateinn? I wouldn't be surprised if they changed her name. We did get Sharon to Sharena.

NoA has some weird obsession with putting in mythology references where they didn't exist before (looking at "Chulainn" here) and making names more complicated than they need to be (looking at "Mordecai", "Roderick", and "Gwendolyn" here).

"Laevateinn" in its various spellings is also commonly used in other fantasy settings, so it wouldn't be surprising if it were to be left alone.

Also totally called it on Loki being female.

10 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How did you even know about that command?

If you are running Windows, look for a program called Character Map, which gives you every single character that can be rendered in a particular character set (and font). You can get the Alt codes for just about any Latin-based character that way.

The artwork for these characters looks really good.

Fjorm (Fake-Elsa) - She looks very prim and proper. Definitely want to see what her personality will be. 

Surtr - We are going full Norse mythology here. So, are we getting close to Ragnarok? Otherwise his design is really cool, I can tell he will be a powerful character.

Loki - Surprised that this is really Loki. I had no idea what Loki would look like, so nice to see now. I do want to find out more about her personality. If it is another Camilla, then I will be upset. But if she focuses more on deception and trickery than "being waifu/ sexual" than I'll be fine.

Reyvatein - Interesting design. Don't know much about her. Not much to say here.

The Fire People definitely appear to be the "Anti" of the Askr Trio and Fjorm. But that also leads me to: Where is Anna?

Part of me wants the Order of Heroes Anna to be Loki all along and there was never an Anna in the first place. So that's why Anna is missing in the trailer.

But I doubt IS would go so far, especially with the Anna antics in the paralogues (unless Loki is an amazing actress). Plus what would happen to your Anna unit (especially if you built her up to 5 star) after the reveal happened?

I also just realised the fire kingdom might have the game's Fire Emblem XD

4 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Part of me wants the Order of Heroes Anna to be Loki all along and there was never an Anna in the first place. So that's why Anna is missing in the trailer.

But I doubt IS would go so far, especially with the Anna antics in the paralogues (unless Loki is an amazing actress). Plus what would happen to your Anna unit (especially if you built her up to 5 star) after the reveal happened?

I also just realised the fire kingdom might have the game's Fire Emblem XD

Well, what if Loki is actually Anna's sister, lol?

The mysterious older sister who some how doesn't look like the other 789,000?

36 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Eh, it's probably just because they didn't want to take the time to make a cutscene model for her since they didn't already have one lying around (because Anna wasn't in the first trailer either), not to mention that Anna was already seen in gameplay with Fjorm. I find Bruno's absence more conspicuous since he actually does have a 3D model.

I liked Maeshima's art ever since his Book of Bantorra designs back in the day, he somewhat resembles Kozaki in some aspects. Loved his Xander and Camilla renditions too.

Not bothered by exposed skin on Loki. What bothers me is that she seems really generic, your run-of-the-mill sultry sorceress like the Sonias, Aversa and so many others in different franchises. Camilla's design, as sexual as it is, aside from originality it also has a clear direction in resembling a dom outfit to illustrate her assertive, dominating personality. Loki on the other hand feels token-ish and mold-made.

9 minutes ago, Hardin said:

I kind of wish that Surtr and Fjorm were reversed. There are already so many cute girls in Heroes, whereas tough intimidating guys are much more sparse. 

It'd be pretty baller with a woman wearing pants. I mean I appreciate thighs as much as the next guy but this girl is from an ice kingdom, isn't she? 

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

It'd be pretty baller with a woman wearing pants. I mean I appreciate thighs as much as the next guy but this girl is from an ice kingdom, isn't she? 

That's pretty standard attire for this series, you've got women from cold nations like Ilia and Silesia running around in mini skirts and fetish boots since the 90's. 

Just now, Hardin said:

That's pretty standard attire for this series, you've got women from cold nations like Ilia and Silesia running around in mini skirts and fetish boots since the 90's. 

Oh sure, but I mean...can't this one girl wear pants? I feel like we need some variety here.

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I like them all except for boob lady. Wtf is even the upper part of her outfit? It makes no sense and is far too revealing. How does it even stay on her boobs?

But I like the rest! Especially pigtail girl, she's cute. Why do the fire guys have to be the evil ones... Fire is awesome. Ice is meh. But I still like Fjorm.

are there any fanservice designs you simply don't mind instead of hating lol

I think how Loki's acted so far sorta justifies her succubus-like design. She disguises herself and can fool others with the., so I assume she dresses that way to seduce and fool her enemies. Maybe she's masquerading as Anna to keep that secret for now.

I mean, I wouldn't mind a fanservice design that has a purpose to be alluring in the plot for non-silly reasons. Of course, I'm just tossing theories.

I'm happy with ice being with the good guys, though; it's not like ice hasn't been associated with villains before in general media, arguably as much as fire from my observations.

though I may be biased because I think ice is pretty

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

NoA has some weird obsession with putting in mythology references where they didn't exist before (looking at "Chulainn" here) and making names more complicated than they need to be (looking at "Mordecai", "Roderick", and "Gwendolyn" here).

"Laevateinn" in its various spellings is also commonly used in other fantasy settings, so it wouldn't be surprising if it were to be left alone.

This is the JP name though, not the localized name, AFAIK, since it comes from the sketches.  And it fits with the other Norse inspired names, so even if it's kept it's not out of place.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

NoA has some weird obsession with putting in mythology references where they didn't exist before (looking at "Chulainn" here)

Considering the amount of references to Norse myth in Judgral, the name fits in even more than "Holyn" (and I've seen some even claim that it's probably what it's meant to be, a la "Zigludo" and "Sigurd").

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Why are the bad guys grey-skinned again

They did that with Validar and Garon already

Is this just going to be a thing now

Surt(r) is a fire giant from Norse mythology; the flame theme and ash-grey skin synergize with his name and inspiration.

5 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Holy shit. Tits McCleave is LOKI? Did not see that one coming haha. 

She must have some serious shapeshifting magic to size those things down to masquerade as Anna. 

I'm digging all these new characters. It makes me want to see the story get moving so we can possibly obtain and play with them sooner than later.

We also need a Warriors cross over DLC with these guys.