Artwork and Sketches of the Book II Characters

VincentASM

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

How does she move her arms without choking herself?

I'm not seeing it. I see a collared blouse with a shitton of windows and flappy sleeves, and last time I checked, people in blouses don't choke themselves when they move their arms.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Fjorm is missing a pair of pants (seriously, Kozaki, women can and should wear pants when appropriate).

Skirts look prettier, not to mention Fjorm's skirt is designed to look like a snowflake (bottom-middle of her character sheet has the skirt's design seen from above). And pants are unnecessary when a skirt is involved.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Actually, it would be hilarious if there was a banner featuring women with pants and men without.  Maybe there can be an alternate art of Fjorm with a good set of trousers.

That sounds like a fun Voting Gauntlet, though, considering the previous one.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Y'know that vaguely uncomfortable feeling that you'd get if you stared at the legs of the gender you're not interested in?

Frederick and Xander have really nice legs, though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not seeing it. I see a collared blouse with a shitton of windows and flappy sleeves, and last time I checked, people in blouses don't choke themselves when they move their arms.

The collar is connected to the rest of the garment via two straps in the back - there's nothing in front that supports the collar.  Thus, any large arm movements will cause the collar to shift.  The rest of the front is supported by something akin to a corset - but that's a whole different can of worms.

I could write a rant about everything wrong with Loki's costume.  Dunno if anyone would want to read it, though.

the only new design i like is laevateinn’s

surtr just looks like garon ON FIRE

fjorm is okay i guess but something seems weird

loki needs more actual clothing

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Y'know that vaguely uncomfortable feeling that you'd get if you stared at the legs of the gender you're not interested in?  That's how I feel when I see clothes that are blatantly fanservice-y. 

I guess might as well tell Chrom, Hawkeye, Ogma etc to cover up their arms, since witnessing appendages is an abomination. 

Sorry but I just find it funny considering considering they're just limbs. Its no different for a woman to show legs as it is for a man to expose their arms. I can understand not liking exposed cleavage, but legs is a curious thing to complain about in this day in age especially since this has been a thing since the series beginning. 

17 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I guess might as well tell Chrom, Hawkeye, Ogma etc to cover up their arms, since witnessing appendages is an abomination. 

Sorry but I just find it funny considering considering they're just limbs. Its no different for a woman to show legs as it is for a man to expose their arms. I can understand not liking exposed cleavage, but legs is a curious thing to complain about in this day in age especially since this has been a thing since the series beginning. 

If Fjorm came from a more hospitable climate, her lack of pants would be a bit more understandable.  But she's supposedly from somewhere really cold, so NOT having pants makes no sense.

It's also why I didn't much care for Ilia as a whole.

but clipsey, remember this is anime, practicality takes a distant backseat to what the fans think will make the character look more attractive even if it makes no goddamn sense

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The collar is connected to the rest of the garment via two straps in the back - there's nothing in front that supports the collar.  Thus, any large arm movements will cause the collar to shift.  The rest of the front is supported by something akin to a corset - but that's a whole different can of worms.

I'm pretty sure everything is actually supported by glue since that's basically the only way that outfit is staying on in the first place.

I see what you mean, now, but I'm still not convinced it would be problematic. The front, or at least the part covering her breasts, appears to be relatively rigid (based on the fact that there was no bounce at all) and affixed to her skin, and the straps attach to the sides immediately under her arms. Based on the fact that the main part of her top is self-supporting, either due to the aforementioned glue or by holding itself up from her waist, the straps on the back don't actually have any tension on them and are probably slack (or glued to her back).

That said, as a shapeshifter, I'm sure Loki can just magic her clothes to not impede movement anyways.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If Fjorm came from a more hospitable climate, her lack of pants would be a bit more understandable.  But she's supposedly from somewhere really cold, so NOT having pants makes no sense.

Some people are resistant to cold. (I only changed from shorts to pants last week.)

Magic users in fantasy with heat-related magic are generally resistant to temperature extremes in the direction corresponding to their magic.

Also, if these people didn't have some form of resistance to temperature extremes, everyone in the OP would have been dead long before they could trade blows with each other because standing that close to exposed lava would simply kill you in short order. With active volcanic terrain as far as the eye can see, convection would ensure that the air would be uniformly hot everywhere.

You know, in case standing 15 feet from the surface of a miniature sun wasn't already going to straight up kill you.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Magic users in fantasy with heat-related magic are generally resistant to temperature extremes in the direction corresponding to their magic.

Sometimes the opposite, or both. The Proxian Mars Adepts in Golden Sun display immunity to their native cold and the scorching heat of the desert.

I'm pretty sure everything is actually supported by glue since that's basically the only way that outfit is staying on in the first place.

Or her skin has suction cups on it. Or the clothes are made of her, like Bayonetta's.

And honestly, if your so powerful with magic and can shapeshift, I don't think you even need clothes. Lucifer in SMT has no problem fighting in the nude in several games and he still ranks among the most powerful of mythological entities. He also enjoys genderbent shapeshifting.

Which reminds me Old Design Loki and Sexy Odin are both nearly nude, as is Old Lilith and loads of other SMT demons. And they can still own you in spite of it. Heck Incubus can own things with his giant standing "horn" exposed all the time (I know this because I used an Incubus for a while in Nocturne).

You know, in case standing 15 feet from the surface of a miniature sun wasn't already going to straight up kill you.

Sometimes people live through being hit with a mini sun itself. Ask all those RD baddies who got hit with Cymbeline and lived. Or who got bathed in Rexflame's lava bath.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sometimes the opposite, or both. The Proxian Mars Adepts in Golden Sun display immunity to their native cold and the scorching heat of the desert.

From the most basic standpoint, though, a fire mage being resistant to cold is typically due to being able to summon heat, whereas a fire mage being resistant to heat is typically due to being able to shield themselves from heat, which are slightly different processes from each other.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sometimes people live through being hit with a mini sun itself. Ask all those RD baddies who got hit with Cymbeline and lived. Or who got bathed in Rexflame's lava bath.

They are in contact with Cymbeline or Rexflame for all of a 5 seconds or so. Surtr stands under his Cymbeline for a good 30 seconds before throwing it, meaning he should be a good 6 times more dead than the others.

I am ok with the art, but can we have more of this

Full_Injured_Bruno.png?version=aee02f7e2

There is allready enough Tits floating around with Camilla/Kagero and so on.

Also i wonder what will hapen to Zacharias, i mean we know he went to search for a cure, but cant we recruit him at least as a Vanilla unit like the Askartrio ._.?

Also confused why they left Anna out of the trailer, i mean she basicly a main protagonist.

I would say not just that Loki's design is fine, but also that's best of four. It's elegant gives vibes of power and it suits her combat style.  It certainly is seductive but it's less explicit than Sonia. Bonus points for her outfit not being supposed be protective gear. Oh and she has great hair.

I quite like Laeva too, but not much impressed.

We need more guys BTW.

Edited by Tenzen12

15 hours ago, Hilda said:

I am ok with the art, but can we have more of this

Full_Injured_Bruno.png?version=aee02f7e2

There is allready enough Tits floating around with Camilla/Kagero and so on.

Also i wonder what will hapen to Zacharias, i mean we know he went to search for a cure, but cant we recruit him at least as a Vanilla unit like the Askartrio ._.?

Also confused why they left Anna out of the trailer, i mean she basicly a main protagonist.

Maybe someday they'll include Volug and I can be happy.

I like all the designs so far. Surtr is seriously just fire Ganondorf, but Ganondorf is already a G, and I don't really care that Loki has massive, exposed breasts. She's been an interesting character so far, but yeah, I was very much expecting a non-human (probably dragon) antagonist and more of a big bad than the subordinate to the new big bad.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

[Loki]'s been an interesting character so far, but yeah, I was very much expecting a non-human (probably dragon) antagonist…

What if Loki isn’t a human? Every single shapeshifter in the series wasn’t human to this day.

Edited by Vaximillian

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This is Loki we're talking about. She's probably just messing around for shits and giggles.

The "guy" (lady, female horse, etc...) who sorta caused Ragnarok? I mean, my Norse mythology is rusty, but I do remember him and his kids having a big role in causing the whole shebang. Oh, never mind, I think I got you. Missed the second sentence.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What if Loki isn’t a human? Every single shapeshifter in the series wasn’t human to this day.

True, true, forgot about that. I'm actually blanking on any shapeshifters not named Xane/Chainy too, unless you're including the laguz and whatnot. Speaking of him, I wish he got more attention. He's a super interesting character and actually quite likable in that he actually has a personality, and one I love, unlike his closest point of comparison Gotoh. FE3 Book 2 made me really like him.

Edited by bottlegnomes

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

The "guy" (lady, female horse, etc...) who sorta caused Ragnarok? I mean, my Norse mythology is rusty, but I do remember him and his kids having a big role in causing the whole shebang.

Not sure what that has to do with my statement since I was addressing your concern that Loki was a subordinate and not the big bad herself. We have no evidence that Loki isn't just being Surtr's subordinate for shits and giggles because it seemed like a fun way to pass some time.

On 11/17/2017 at 8:29 AM, Ice Dragon said:

If you have the magic capabilities to deflect physical attacks in the stead of armor and keep yourself from getting tangled in your own clothing (and Loki clearly has magic capabilities in spades), I don't see why it should matter at all what you wear into combat.

Trueeeee.

I guess magic can do that technically.

On 11/18/2017 at 8:03 PM, eclipse said:

Y'know that vaguely uncomfortable feeling that you'd get if you stared at the legs of the gender you're not interested in?  That's how I feel when I see clothes that are blatantly fanservice-y.  Loki/Fjorm fall under this, though I feel much worse about Loki.

Pft, as if I would mind staring at a man's bulge all day.

Er, I mean, yea that's weird alright.

On 18/11/2017 at 10:32 PM, SilvertheShadow said:

And yet, I'm willing to bet that if Loki was the exact same character but instead a handsome male with his chest showing and his legs exposed in such a way as to emphasize his dong people would object much more. And rightfully so. It doesn't actually have much to do with the character we've seen despite what some would say.

And before anyone points out Odin, he is a comical character and his outfit plays into this, while Loki is meant to be taken seriously. 

Edited by Book Bro