Theory on the icons that Fjorm has.

LoneStar

This is crazy, but what if those icons that Fjorm has allows her to change movement type. Like how the one that is showing implies Infantry, what if the one that has a lock allows her to be a flier type. Maybe the feather motif she has means a little more.

Edited by LoneStar

I can't remember where but someone said that those two represent some sort of movement impunity, like Fjorm can traverse water tiles and maybe someone from the fire country (sorry can't remember it's name right now) can traverse lava tiles. Of course that's just speculation so take this with a grain of salt.

Hmm... the person symbol is the same as that for stuff like Hone and Threaten Speed, so maybe it has to do with the Speed stat? I'm not sure about the other symbol though. My best guess is that it's a drop of water, so as has been said, maybe she can traverse water? That would be pretty interesting. So excited to see what the next chapter has in store for us :D

I agree that the person symbol is probably related to Speed - maybe she comes with Hone Speed as a fourth skill? As for the second, it looks like a drop of Divine Dew; maybe she gets you Divine Dew at the end of every map she's in a la Live for Honor/ Bounty? Otherwise the water traversal sounds really interesting!

I think something worth mentioning is that in the promo picture for the Legendary Banner (the one featuring sprites of all the focus units) the icons even show up next to Fjorm's sprite, just as they do with her picture. You know, I thought it was perhaps a bit premature for Feh to announce we'd learn more about Fjorm's abilities "soon", but now I see that we're in for a treat when the time comes - I imagine we'll get a trailer for Book 2 on the 26th, just as we do the paralogues and new chapters: maybe that's when we learn what she can do?

P.S. 11 days to go! I'm amazed that I'm so excited I'm counting down already, but I am!

Edit: What if the second pic is a locked sign as @LoneStar stated. What if it represents a second Special she can use in addition to Ice Mirror, namely the Ice Beam and/ or barrage of icicles she uses in the trailer (heck, maybe it represents both: Ice Beam damages anyone in one cardinal direction but if you keep charging it you can use Icicles instead). If this is the case I imagine Surtr (and possibly Loki) will be the only other unit with such a locked skill, representing his sun toss (also, it would be interesting if he also has a "Level 1" secret skill that Fjorm is immune to as he is to her Level 1 skill).

Edited by DefyingFates

10 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

The gold icon below the "speed" hexagon looks like the weapon refinery items. Perhaps it's away if showing how one's weapon has been refined (as there are multiple choices)

Huh...the interesting thing is that the hexagons are also present near her sprite (on the Legendary Banner promo image released after the stream). If what you say is true, what if her weapon is already forged when you get her? And what if the refinement is randomised between pulls? Her stats are pretty neutral so any buff will be valuable. Otherwise, what if the free copy you get for completing Book 1 comes with a Speed refinement and the ones you pull from the banner have regular Leiptrs?

Feh said we'll learn about her soon - maybe this is one of the things we'll learn. The update is in ten days (everything seems to have been delayed by one day for some reason), so - assuming she's treated like other new units - we'll get a trailer explaining her in nine. That's not too long to wait...right?