What things did you want to see that weren't covered by FEH channel?

NekoKnight

The latest FEH Channel has addressed (or mitigated) some often discussed problems such as certain weapons and healers being underpowered. They announced an exciting new story direction and are holding a 8% focus banner with no off-focus pity breakers. Generous as this is (and boy did they need this after the Ayra incident), was there anything you wish was there but wasn't?

For me, I wanted:

-Micaiah: She is a mainline game protagonist and higher up on the CYL list than Dorcas (god bless), Lute, Mia and Joshua. I'm aware that they're probably saving her for a dedicated Radiant Dawn banner, but I want my girl to come home

-Daggers: Healers have hopefully been buffed into relevance but the other 'support' class, dagger users, seems to be left in the dust. Jaffar is getting buffed but most units in this class need something extra to be taken seriously.

-Summoning pool: The number of characters in the 5* pool has reached absurd levels and the 3-4* pool remains stagnant. I think it is time we had many characters (I'd argue that anyone with an inheritable weapon shouldn't be 5* exclusive) drop to lower rarities. Off-focus 5* units shouldn't be more common than focus units.

-A skill shop: Related to the above, as more characters are added, the owners of valuable, commonly used skills (reposition, drawback, Emblem buffs, triangle adept, etc) become increasingly hard to pull. I believe these 'common' skills should be available to purchase so players won't be SOL for months just because they aren't getting the right fodder. The currency could be limited so it's not an easy alternative to summoning.

Bonus question: Were there any units you wished were on the 8% banner? I would have liked Tana, Hinoka, BIke and Takumi to replace B!Caeda, Spring!Xander, Deirdre and BowLyn, respectively.

Edited by NekoKnight

I just wish they had a bit more clarifications:

When 1.9 will come. I just assumed it would be the next refresh but it wasn't.

Is Fjorm limited? I know we get one free after beating the newer chapters, but will she be added to the Summoning pool?

Other than that, I'm pretty content with what we got. Maybe a bit of a November overview, even if we're already halfway through the month.

The Refinery may help daggers out in ways we're not expecting. I'm not entirely optimistic about it, though, unless they add some very unique qualities and not a mere +stat.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Is Fjorm limited? I know we get one free after beating the newer chapters, but will she be added to the Summoning pool?

I believe she is included on the 8% banner. In doing so, all colors are balanced with 3, instead of blue awkwardly only having 2 characters.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

I would have liked Tana, Hinoka, BIke and Takumi to replace B!Caeda, Spring!Xander, Deirdre and BowLyn, respectively.

Keep your paws off Deirdre! D:

Put Ike in place of Camilla if you so wish. Seasonals begone.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Keep your paws off Deirdre! D:

Put Ike in place of Camilla if you so wish. Seasonals begone.

Just my personal list. I have Deirdre already (and most of the characters I want from that banner) so I'm thinking more about valuable skill fodder (Deirdres are friends, not fodder).

I wanted TIMELINES. You can't just get me hooked on monthly timelines of events and then cut me off, FEH. I can't eat or sleep with these withdrawals.

Oh, and like a lot of people, I was guessing something would be done about cleaning up the 4 and 5 star pools. And to coincide with such changes, my idea was to allow players to pick from any unit in the current summoning pool from their catalogue of Heroes as a personal focus unit that can be pulled on any banner. This would allow players to snipe 5 star units they still really want. And it makes the process of creating a +10 merge unit much more feasible, even for F2P players. Furthermore, it would allow you to pull 3-4* units at 5 star. This is important because demoting a character to a point where they're only 3-4* rarity makes them immediately less viable for merging. This personal focus mechanic would have alleviated that fringe issue. There's just one catch to the personal focus unit. To select a unit and switch to another unit, the player must pay orbs. Say, 10 orbs whenever they want to switch. Gotta leave some way for IS to make money off this mechanic, as it will surely cut into orbs spent on generic banners that are meant to bait you with Hinoka, Takumi, or Hector for their unique skills.

I'm quite pleased with the super Hero Fest banner. If it were up to me, I would have just filled it up with every seasonal unit that I'm missing, which is exactly 12 units. Moving away from my personal concerns, I think I would have swapped Ike with Gray. Sword Valor is the only Valor skill not tied to a seasonal unit, and sword units are the most populated weapon category. Plus Ike was in three banners already, including the last Hero Fest. I can't see them finding an excuse to put Gray into a future banner. Ditto with Celica and Ayra.

Edited by Glennstavos

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

More orbs.

All the orbs we know of so far seem to come from the story and tempest trials.

To be fair, the story maps and presumable chain challenge and quests with it is 48 orbs on update day. Plus there's an intermission, which I think awards an orb for Hard and Lunatic difficulty clears. That's a lot of orbs.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

To be fair, the story maps and presumable chain challenge and quests with it is 48 orbs on update day. Plus there's an intermission, which I think awards an orb for Hard and Lunatic difficulty clears. That's a lot of orbs.

For someone who is running out of time to get the unit he wants from Trick or Defeat  (coughcoughnowiHACKCOUGHtearsofdespair), 48 orbs is chump change.

Edited by Xenomata

I was hoping they'd add more units to the 3-4* pool - maybe units that didn't come up so high on the cyl poll so they're not valuable enough for their own banner. It would be nice to see some of the more unknown units (thinking like the sable knights, the merchants, the HW swaps... that sort of thing).

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

-Micaiah: She is a mainline game protagonist and higher up on the CYL list than Dorcas (god bless), Lute, Mia and Joshua. I'm aware that they're probably saving her for a dedicated Radiant Dawn banner, but I want my girl to come home

This. I'm not the biggest fan of her but I was almost certain they were going to use this opportunity to announce her (along with maybe some other Radiant Dawn characters). I do wonder why on earth is she not in the game yet.

Also, I was really hoping for laguz or other transforming units besides the dragons. I get that they'd probably have to create a new weapon type for it but I'm still hoping they'll do it eventually. I mean, it's not like there's any shortage of characters to choose from. Maybe some day…

1 hour ago, Kahvi said:

This. I'm not the biggest fan of her but I was almost certain they were going to use this opportunity to announce her (along with maybe some other Radiant Dawn characters). I do wonder why on earth is she not in the game yet.

Also, I was really hoping for laguz or other transforming units besides the dragons. I get that they'd probably have to create a new weapon type for it but I'm still hoping they'll do it eventually. I mean, it's not like there's any shortage of characters to choose from. Maybe some day…

I actually had a dream before the channel that they had announced the laguz and added Lethe and Mordecai into the game with more to come (not the biggest fan of Lethe and Mordecai but I think my brain chose them as the first two you get in PoR. Ranulf would make more sense, but then this is the game that added Sanaki before Micaiah and Reinhardt before Leif... ). I think it's why I feel rather disappointed about the banner announcements they did make (though was excited by there being weapon reforging and book 2 so yay for that :D ).

44 minutes ago, Hero_Lucina said:

Anthony and Conrad. My 2 beans that won't be added

I mean, Anthony wasn’t even in the CYL poll.

(Conrad wasn’t either, but that’s because he literally didn’t exist yet at the time)

An RD or Thracia banner, that's all I wanted. I especially want Micaiah because I still haven't had the luck to draw Linde and the blue mages I do have aren't characters I really like. Someday...

I was expecting an RD banner but I'm happy with CYL 2 (especially since I got another Blue Mage in Lute). I was also hoping for a Summoning Pool fix and a Dagger overhaul in the vein of the healers, but maybe the refinery will give them what they need (or enough to tide us over until the next update). Finally, I'm still surprised and upset that we don't have a roadmap. We got dates in the livestream, but roadmaps would also include the log-in rewards we can expect to get.

All that said, I'm surprised at what we did get, particularly the 8% banner with no pity breakers, the cooldown changes and weapon forge: I didn't expect IS to tweak any numbers in the game, especially that much!

I think that it's especially funny that they not only gave us mia, but path of radiance mia who was overall ranked below 60, even though it was radiant dawn mia who was where they got the rank they showed us from.

as everyone else has said no micaiah is questionable, I would like to have her before the year ends but december seems unlikely, but who knows, have they ever announced a hero several weeks before they were released(CYL doesn't count)? at least lief wasn't even in the top 100 if I recall correctly, so we can understand somewhat, but micaiah was ranked 9th in the women's bracket why is she not here, she and erika were the only two who weren't in the base game and they got erika in within I think it was the first two months.

I would have liked some summoning pool adjustments, if they could bump mist down to 4* I would like that because mist is unjustifiably hard to get given her skillset.

I wanted a way to +10 grand hero battle units and tempest trial units, but I never got my hopes up nor did I expect them to do that.

Rebalancing the summoning pool is the big one.  It's really lopsided and it's just going to keep getting worse.  They really, really need to do something about this, and change the way units are added to prevent it from becoming an issue again.

Also, for the love of Naga IS, this isn't a big change but it would be incredibly convenient, put in a visual indicator of IV's!  It's annoying that I have to go look up IV's manually every single time when you can just change text color of boon to green and bane to red.  THAT'S LITERALLY ALL YOU NEED TO DO, IS.  Pokémon does this (highlighting buffed stat red and lowered stat blue), and has done it since HGSS.  

At the moment none!

2 Monhts ago i suggested a Smithery to craft/upgrade weapons ----> we are getting one
I suggested Refinements/Upgrades to Healer assists ---> we are getting them
Higher Healer DPS output and debuff/support ability ---> Free updated Staffs with alot higher might

yes I am happy

I want them to remove the damage penalty on staff users. Wrathful Staff can be changed to giving them a permanent effective multiplier since they do not have access to Specials to boost their damage.

Pretty much since the start of the game, I've wanted the summoning pools broken up so that the off-banner odds aren't so ungodly atrocious due to the inflated volume of 5* units.  Demote some folks to 4* only, like Maria, Jakob, Cain/Abel, etc.

General Wants:

- Fixing the horribly unbalanced numbers in the summoning pools."
- Micaiah and Leif
- The introducation of beast units.
- Removal of the unnecessary damage penalty to Staff damage
- Ways to check unit IVs. It may only take, like, two seconds to look up a single unit's IVs, but I can't be expected to remember the IVs of every single unit.

Personal Wants:

- Dagger buffs
- Actual purpose to the Voting Gauntlets aside from Feathers and the occasional Orb here and there
- Actual purpose to the Friend's List. The 50 friends cap also feels kind of arbitrary due to its aforementioned lack of purpose.
- Something to do with excess SP. The grind can be annoying to get those last few points, but then the need for SP plateaus hard afterward and begins to collect dust