Bound Hero Battle: You of the Light (Takumi and Hinoka)

SatsumaFSoysoy

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Just completed Infernal difficulty with a team a mono red team, featuring Celica, Sigurd, Gray, and Olivia. If might use mono red for other grand hero battles as well.

Sounds interesting, how did you build your Gray? 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Sounds interesting, how did you build your Gray? 

My Gray is an interesting one. Has his vanilla wind heart and zanbato, but with Repo, Luna, Sword Breaker, and Threathen def added on. Sadly, the only thing he did for the run was tank Takumi's arrows.

51 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

My Gray is an interesting one. Has his vanilla wind heart and zanbato, but with Repo, Luna, Sword Breaker, and Threathen def added on. Sadly, the only thing he did for the run was tank Takumi's arrows.

I'm trying to get some ideas for mine. He got only Axebreaker for AA and sword valor to accompany red units in the training tower. Your build seems solid, but wind boost hasn't got the biggest synergy with breakers. Perhaps I'll give him an HP seal. 

34 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm trying to get some ideas for mine. He got only Axebreaker for AA and sword valor to accompany red units in the training tower. Your build seems solid, but wind boost hasn't got the biggest synergy with breakers. Perhaps I'll give him an HP seal. 

I was actually thinking of giving mine a build overhaul. Mine was lucky to be +atk, so I want to replace Luna with Draconic Aura and Wind boost with Death Blow. With his Zanbato equipped and the attacker, he will reach 60 attack, and if Draconic Aura proccs, then it will absolutely hurt

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I was actually thinking of giving mine a build overhaul. Mine was lucky to be +atk, so I want to replace Luna with Draconic Aura and Wind boost with Death Blow. With his Zanbato equipped and the attacker, he will reach 60 attack, and if Draconic Aura proccs, then it will absolutely hurt

Mine is +ATK as well! He is like my +DEF -SPD BH!Ike, but trades DEF with SPD. First I have to decide if to make an EP unit or a PP unit. 

Decided to give infernal a shot after seeing how easy Lunatic was compared to the 2 previous bound hero battles and boy was it easy. A buffed Atk Hector dealt with Blue Mage/Takumi while BLyn and BlackAzura dealt with everything on the right.

Edited by Hekselka

On 11/16/2017 at 12:10 PM, Wanda said:

So, Setsuna can do this in 60 seconds with a dancer retinue:

OMG THANK YOU!

Didn't have Setsuna.  Used Leon and three dancers instead.  Managed to have him deal every last bit of damage, even to the red mage (Bonfire FTW).  Should've given him Axebreaker, but eh.

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

This would have been so much easier if Peri had a Slaying Lance+. She misses the one-round kill on the axe knight by 5 HP (with a Draconic Aura proc) and Hinoka by 2 HP (without a Draconic Aura proc because the red mage with Guard messes up the special skill activation timings).

The Attack +1 Sacred Seal fixed the Hinoka issues, and the rest needed to be handled with Threaten Def. Threaten Def is godly.

+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Killer Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten Def 3, Attack +1)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace A 1)
+0 Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Speed +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Res 3)

Olivia's Hone Atk 3 is necessary to land the one-round kills on Takumi and Hinoka. Azura's Fortify Res 3 is necessary to have the blue knight attack Azura instead of Ninian on the first turn.

Killer Lance+ allows Takumi to counterattack to activate Wings of Mercy without allowing him to proc Vengeance. Desperation 3 is necessary to prevent counterattacks after that. Threaten Def 3 is necessary to land the kills on the axe knight and the sword pegasus. The Attack +1 seal is necessary to land the one-round kill on Hinoka.

The usual imgur gallery with annotations: https://imgur.com/a/g6MCf

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sakurawhale strikes again! On her own siblings...

Btw, here's my run.

Impressive how Sakura one-rounds Takumi and that Cav. Perhaps Sakurawhale will finish the GHB/BHBs he missed after that boost healers will get with version 1.9. 

Btw: Nice use of guidance. That seal is mostly benched in my case, even if I like to use Fliers. 

• 5 months later...

Rerun is up.

Cleared all 5 quests in 1 run on the Lunatic map.

Team used:
Fjorm: QR3 seal (KOs blue cavalier, Takumi, and sword flier)
5*+1 +Spd/-HP Olivia: Ruby Sword+, Hone Spd 1 (KOs axe cavalier)
5* Anna: Fury 3, Iceberg, Atk +3 (KOs Hinoka)
+HP/-Spd Genny (heals Fjorm)

All 5 quests in one run on Infernal. Took a few tries to figure out where enemies would end up so that I could get all of my units in position to attack, but overall it went well. Never mind the broken-ass unit choices. Omitting blessings in my write-up because it's not water season.

+10 Ayra [+Spd, -Res] (Ayra's Blade, Reposition, Regnal Astra, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Speed +3)
+10 Fjorm [+Atk, -Def] (Leiptr, Reposition, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2, Quick Riposte 3)
+0 Anna [=] (Noatun, Astra, Vantage, Spur Res 3, Close Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Swift-Wind Balm, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Def 2)

Lyn's Swift-Wind Balm and everything on Ayra was necessary to have Ayra double the sword pegasus on enemy phase for the kill. That feel when your 55-Spd Ayra can't double a unit because it has 51 Spd after Hone Fliers and Darting Blow.

The usual imgur gallery with annotations: https://imgur.com/a/7sfpf3m.

Edited by Ice Dragon

@LordFrigid @Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi @Poimagic @DLNarshen @NegativeExponents-

Infernal in one turn: 

Takumi needed to eat an ATK ploy to let Cordelia survive an hit by him. Roy needed a DEF seal to kill two melee units without Desperation. Cherche needed a Savage Blow by Roy to kill the red mage. Otherwise it wasn't a big problem this time. 

Valter and Zephiel are further delayed, I blew all my orbs and didn't get any additional Cordelia copies (also zero Shigures and Hinokas for that matter). 

(First it didn't want to let me post the video, then I couldn't edit the post anymore.)

MOD EDIT: Hahahaha, take that, weird system errors!  It works!

Even with the Askr Trio + Fjorm, this is a really simple batch of quests. Not sure how much effort would be required even with 3 or 4* Askr trio, though I think gem weapons would be more than enough.

Cleared in Lunatic with one party (Askrtrio + Fjorm).

Fjorm needed QR3 seal to survive Takumi (because I miscalcluated and he still doubled with the hone spd buff he got because Alfonse had Spur Spd 1, which wasn't enough), then 1-rounded him and the mage. Alfonse takes out the axe cav with a rally Atk from Sharena and the sword flier on EP. Anna tanks Hinoka for a round, pivots out because I forgot she had vantage and takes her out last to finish this.

So I did this in three takes because it was funnier.

Infantry clear: Leon goes on a rampage with the help of three dancers.

Fjorm clear: She needed the Close Def seal to tank Hinoka, but she killed most of the map on her own.  Leon gave her a hand with the axe guy.

Anna clear: I had to get creative for this one.  Hector was able to bait and eliminate Takumi/blue mage.  Then, I had to do some emergency shuffling to get him out of the way.  Olivia kills the axe guy on EP, and Anna with Lancebreaker and the Close Def seal can JUST survive Hinoka.  Anna goes on clean-up duty, and Leon removes the last flier to end the map.

@mampfoid Great use of Savage Blow to secure the kill at the end there. It's pretty nuts how you'll have just the right amount of bulk to survive some of those hits with just a little bit of help.

@mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @Rafiel's Aria @Quintessence @Alexmender @Johann @Fei Mao @Ginko @DefaultBeep @Nosmur @DarkLordIvy @Rezzy @Cute Chao @eclipse and @Hawk King cause why not.

Easy for the most part. Not too much else to say but I actually had a bit of a brain fart in the middle as you'll be able to see. I could have used Genny's Gravity shenanigans and made use of Ayra's new Drive ATK 2 seal to get myself out of the situation, but I hadn't beaten the stage beforehand so this was a bit more organic thinking on the spot. Couldn't be bothered to record it again but it was nothing major. Still cake all the same.

Can't wait for M!Kana and the challenges that come with him.

Edited by Zeo

@Zeo Yep, Cordelia and Roy barely lived here. But I didn't need to calculate much, I came to a fitting solution after 2-3 tries. 

I was wondering how you would deal with the blue cav and then "Oh Matthew is tanking also this?", followed by "2 HP is perhaps a little to low to survive that brave axe?". Nope. Taking 0 damage is really nice, but it becomes cool when your unit is at 1 digit HP. 

Ayra was more or less on vacation here. 

Edited by mampfoid

This was... laughable.

Fjorm being put in range of both the Blue Mage Cav and Takumi cleans them both out in one go, and she didn't even take damage.

Anna only needed to initiate against Hinoka to get the kill.

And Bridelia + PAzura cleaned the rest out.

4* Anna needed the Close Def seal to survive Hinoka, and then needed Rally Atk/Spd from Bridelia to kill on the following turn. (Team was Olivia, Fjorm, Anna, Bridelia)

Well, infernal didn't pose much of a challenge with my improved team. What a difference a merged +att/-hp BIke, VIke over vanilla Ike, and a Reinhardt on steroids make. Only festival Azura remains the same in my team. The only the Anna challenges gave me a problem or two, but I've finished them all regardless

Edited by Midnox

Needed to retry once to add the QR3 seal to Fjorm. Past that, cleared all in one go with Masked Marth and Performer Azura rounding out the team.