Bound Hero Battle: You of the Light (Takumi and Hinoka)

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@LordFrigid Double congratulations! 

Your one turn clear is more logical and straight than mine, you needed only 1 WoM beacon (Roy). But somehow I wanted to try to make Cordelia tank Takumi (without Grani's shield btw.). No fancy seals and skills needed here. Good to have company on this mission! 

Caedas solo: Make her tank and kill three Infernal opponents in one turn. No less than a blue mage, a Brave Axe and Takumi, why not?

I'm missing still 5 copies of her ... 

@Zeo amazing as always! , I love it when you use a soundtrack from Atelier Iris 3. It's my first and favorite Atelier series of all time.

That brain-damage when you are not sure that your next move might be a mistake lol

@Zeo Very nice! Your videos kinda makes me want to make a series of Eirika clears for GHB/BHB content but I suck at recording and editing stuff, haha!

---

I still have issues using Anna why the hell is Alfonse easier to use than you?!. The other quests were extremely easy to do but I had to create the Deflect Melee seal and promota Anna to 4* in order to let her kill Hinoka on Lunatic, this took like 2 tries so it wasn't that bad.

I rushes to switch my summoner support back to Soren for this. Probably not nessisary but I am a fan of overkill. 

@Zeo Very nice clear! You’re making me want to put more effort into my videos! Maybe I will now that school is over. 

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

But somehow I wanted to try to make Cordelia tank Takumi (without Grani's shield btw.).

Yeah, I saw that! I think yours gets more style points just for that maneuver.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Caedas solo: Make her tank and kill three Infernal opponents in one turn. No less than a blue mage, a Brave Axe and Takumi, why not?

I'm missing still 5 copies of her ... 

That makes me wonder what you're going to think about what I ended up doing for Narcian and Zephiel...

Well, at least she's 3-4* instead of 4-5* now.

Did all the missions in two goes. Could have done it in one go if I'd had some faith, since I used the exact same team as my first go but decided to go with Joshua and not Anna. 

Team was: Fjorm, Naked Gaius, PA!Azura, Anna

Fjorm started things off by killing Takumi and the mage cavalry straight away. Naked Gaius killed the horse with some help from PA!Olivia. Anna waited for Hinoka to suicide on her. Naked Gaius killed the last flier. All was well :) 

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

That makes me wonder what you're going to think about what I ended up doing for Narcian and Zephiel...

For one second I thought you already made one turn clears of those ... but yeah I remember Caedas cool Zephiel run (QR on such a fast unit), at least there she didn't need to tank all armors in one round (I don't think that's possible). 

Well, at least she's 3-4* instead of 4-5* now.

I don't know if that raised the overall chance to pull her by much, since the chance to get a 4* copy of her is now lower. 

Yeah, I saw that! I think yours gets more style points just for that maneuver.

Haha, let's not start collecting style points. Caeda would be very hard to beat in that discipline. 

21 hours ago, mampfoid said:

*video*

Cutting it real close with Cordelia and Roy I see. I know Takumi got ployed but Cordelia being able to take an arrow and live was amazing. And good use of that savage blow seal to take down the red mage.

Wish you luck in finding a Cordelia copy.

20 hours ago, Zeo said:

*video*

Brain farts are just the worst, nice recovery from it. Interesting that you chose to attack with Genny as opposed to having Matthew healed and deal with the red mage. Real close to having a Matthew deals damage only run. It was still cool though.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't know if that raised the overall chance to pull her by much, since the chance to get a 4* copy of her is now lower.

The 4* pool size is unchanged, aside from the recent addition of Nanna. Therefore you essentially just add the chance of getting her at 3*, and subtract the chance of getting her at 5*. Rough calcs: There are about 100 units in the 3* pool so the chance of Caeda from one is 1/100 * 36% = 0.36% There are also about 100 units in the 4* pool so 1/100 * 58% = 0.58%. Chance of Caeda from any give pull (non-sniping) is 0.94%.

Formerly, before the 46 demotions, we'll say the chance was that same 0.58%, plus the off-focus 5* chance which was 1/100 * 3% = 0.03%. So 0.61% for Caeda. (The size of the 5* pool was more like 120 but I use 100 for ease of calculation plus the effect is tiny anyway given the 5* rate).

The short of it is that Caeda is now approximately 50% more likely to appear on a given pull now.

@NegativeExponents- Thanks! I just need more occasions to pull blue. 

1 minute ago, Humanoid said:

[...]

The short of it is that Caeda is now approximately 50% more likely to appear on a given pull now.

Of course you are totally right, thanks for the clarification. Only my chance to pull Cherche has been reduced, because the 3* pool size grew. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Of course you are totally right, thanks for the clarification. Only my chance to pull Cherche has been reduced, because the 3* pool size grew. 

Yep, the chance for Cherche now is the same as Caeda at 0.94%. Formerly it'd have been about (1/50 * 36%) + (1/100 * 58%) = 0.72% + 0.58% = 1.3%.

I did them all in one go with Sharena, Olivia, Fjorm and Anna.  I used a f2p video but had to improvise since my Askr units are 5* so I only used the video for unit and seal ideas.   Fjorm with QR3 ss went to the left and took out the mage and Takumi on enemy turn, Olivia baited and took care of the axe cav while Anna took care of Hinoka and Sharena took out the sword peg.  Pretty easy quests and I did this yesterday but forgot to post.

Late replies but nice going @Zeo, you made it work despite the peculiar situation. Always impressive to see Matthew battling mages with no problem, especially since that peculiar one was a Raventome.

@mampfoid impresses again with the one turn clears- Cordelia barely surviving is really neat. Savage Blow is a really useful SS.

Now for some themed videos of my own. @Ginko @NegativeExponents- @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao @Nanima @LordFrigid

Firstly a Children of Fates clear.

Music is Galford's theme from Samurai Shodown IV (arranged version). 

Units are +Atk/-Def Shiro (+1), +HP/-Def Rhajat, +Spd/-Def Siebert and +Def/-Spd Soleil

-Since my Shiro is -Def, I really needed to go ham with the Def buffs to survive both Takumi and the Brave Axe cavalier. Shiro had Close Def and was also supported by Rhajat's Rally Def and Soleil's Drive Def SS. He needed to take the least damage possible to keep Quick Riposte intact.

-Again, it's nice when a unit's base kit skills works out. Shiro's Swap is useful for tight spaces like in this map. Rhajat's Rally Def helped Shiro survive his Aunt Hinoka's Brave Lance.

-Galeforce Siegbert strikes again to clean up the left side. As always very fun to use although he had to retreat after getting hit by Takumi's Threaten Spd and couldn't double. It's funny when all 4 units are perfectly just outside the  danger zone.

-Rhajat and Soleil were mostly support but I recorded a Lunatic video where they were more active. I'll post that tomorrow.

-------

And then in my second account, a Hoshidan siblings clear. Except I don't have Takumi or a 5 star Sakura, so I used their seasonal versions...and they were actually better suited for the job anyway!

Units are +Spd/-Res Ryoma, +Atk/-HP Hinoka, +Def/-HP Halloween Sakura, +Def/-Atk NY Takumi.

Music is Alight (Storm) from Fire Emblem Fates soundtrack (the in-battle version).

-Since my NY Takumi is -Atk, he needed as much Atk as possible to ORKO Takumi. His native Bowbreaker and Atk/Res Bond was perfect for this map. Adding to Atk/Res Bond is Ryoma's Spur Atk and Nyakura's Rally Attack (which I'm glad I gave to her as she's usually an SP Valour bot while training daggers).

- @Zeo Hey look dagger units! Joining the club with the double dagger clear. NY Takumi's AoE debuffs are very satisfying. 

-At 2:45, you can see the Hoshidan sibling's use of teamwork! Hinoka's Spear is a great prf weapon for the Warrior Princess. Thanks to Death Blow, Ryoma's Spur Atk and the Hinoka's Spear Atk/Spd bond effect for Infantry allies, Hinoka just dealt enough damage where she could finish off her shadow the enemy Hinoka before taking damage. My -HP Hinoka just couldn't survive any of the enemy Hinoka's attacks, even with Close Def/Lancebreaker, so being offensive was the way to go. 

-Similarly at 2:38, thanks to her sister being in range, Hinoka could deal with the mage with just enough damage. 

I actually have a few more videos that I'll post tomorrow- one including a Hoshido Alts only clear. Let me know if you don't want to be tagged though :)

@mcsilas Too bad that I don't have Rhajat. I plan to give Galeforce to Siegbert too. Once he get Swift Sparrow ,he will sweep non-stop. Shiro did great job too. You will never have to worry about QR range anymore once you give him SB and Aether. I plan to build Soleil too (have 4* preferred IV sit in barrack already) but my feathers will go to Kaze and M Kana first. 

On 2nd clip, that New York Takumi is a beast. I wish I can pull one if he will appear again on Legendary Banner. Kagami Mochi+ will always look better than Barb Shuriken+. A little sad that I didn't see Sakura slay any mage. I will record next time on M Kana GHB for sure, stay tune!

On 4/25/2018 at 1:40 PM, Ginko said:

@Zeo amazing as always! , I love it when you use a soundtrack from Atelier Iris 3. It's my first and favorite Atelier series of all time.

That brain-damage when you are not sure that your next move might be a mistake lol

Right? And yeah, I wanted to get AI3 as a kid, but didn't have a PS2 (Was an Xbox loyalist) at the time. It's somewhat hard to find today as an adult and I have less time to play anyways.

On 4/25/2018 at 1:54 PM, Alexmender said:

@Zeo Very nice! Your videos kinda makes me want to make a series of Eirika clears for GHB/BHB content but I suck at recording and editing stuff, haha!

I'd like to see that. I'm actually really interested in giving Eirika DC and running her on a buff team and watch her tank and detonate everything like Matthew. 

On 4/25/2018 at 5:53 PM, DarkLordIvy said:
@Zeo Very nice clear! You’re making me want to put more effort into my videos! Maybe I will now that school is over. 

I have to admit your Soren is a work of art as well. I really enjoy him as a character and if Nino wasn't in the game he'd be my *5 +10 Green mage of choice as he's exactly #2 to her in this game for me.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:52 AM, NegativeExponents- said:

Brain farts are just the worst, nice recovery from it. Interesting that you chose to attack with Genny as opposed to having Matthew healed and deal with the red mage. Real close to having a Matthew deals damage only run. It was still cool though.

It was dicey. My units were compressed, Ayra could have given Matt the ATK he needed to oneshot the mage but I was thinking on the spot and wasn't sure how to deal with Hinoka if I moved my units. In that moment I remembered Inigo tank Valter in my old Infernal run of that and went "...oh yeah." so I just went with that.

@mcsilas That Shiro though! I'm getting jealous of most people that do these videos having him but I don't. I didn't pull for him but he's still cool. It's pushing me further and further to making a Steady Breath Lukas and waiting to build Chrom. The DEF stacking at the beginning was my favorite part. He's just a beast.

That second video has my jealousy rearing it's ugly head. I don't have either of those dagger units (both of which I pulled for), still don't have a Ryoma and my Hinoka is +SPD/-ATK. Was great stuff and spur skills are underrated, though becoming irrelevant once more with those srive skills becoming seals.

Been meaning to respond, just busy. 

@mcsilas I like the themas, nicely done. This time I could even listen to the cool music. Good use of Hinokas spear in the end of the second video, I never come to use guidance-like skills. 

I miss half of these units, Takumi is surprisingly strong. Also your Shiro and Siegbert kick ass like usually. 

@mcsilas All units I don’t have so interesting to see them in action. Well half of them anyway since Soleil and Rhajat were support. That Shiro is a monster. -def and only 3 damage from an axe user? Give him a medal.

I like the team work going on in the second one. Never realized how great Hinoka’s Spear is. Makes me want to build the one I have.

@Zeo @mampfoid

This involved some thinking outside the box. Serra needed to take some hits but couldn’t afford to lose Def tactics so Atk smoke is there on Michalis. Likewise, Hit and Run is not something I ever expected to use on him but there it is. Warping around is the best way to deal with everything so now Serra has WoM too.

@NegativeExponents- that was really out of the box, congratulations! Tiki couldn't deal 1 damage less to Hinoka to make this work, very close. Cool to see Michalis in action, he has been my first ever 5* promotion. When he one-shoted that red peg was my favorite moment, I also should give him his refinement. WoM shenanigans are always fun, didn't realize you had Summoner support in Serra though. 

@mampfoid Yeah it was really close with Tiki. I was actually worried about the Wo Dao Pegasus instead. It is able to KO units easily with their special activite. Michalis being able to take on the Peg Knight surprised even me. I’ve had summoner support on Serra for a while now but I’m actually thinking of changing it. I’m just not sure who to give it to next.

@NegativeExponents- I always appreciate a healer that can take a good hit. Eliwood is always a treat to watch but Michalis oneshotting that red peg was something I did not see coming. Forgot about the Summoner Support on Serra. Interesting choice to be sure. I'll definitely enjoy building her up once my main team is done.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- I always appreciate a healer that can take a good hit. Eliwood is always a treat to watch but Michalis oneshotting that red peg was something I did not see coming. Forgot about the Summoner Support on Serra. Interesting choice to be sure. I'll definitely enjoy building her up once my main team is done.

I always forget it’s there also. Out of curiosity, I decided to check if she could still take the hit from peg knight and survive. Assuming the blue mage still ignores her and hits Eliwood instead, Serra hangs in there with 1 hp. Concerning but she can do it. She’s a blast to use. Her balanced stats makes her versatile which is great whenever you need her to fill in multiple roles.

@Ginko Thanks! Yea I'm still undecided on who to give B!Ike to, or maybe I'm just waiting for more SB fodder before I give it to Shiro haha. Don't worry, Sakura has her time to shine in one of the videos below!

@Zeo Drive Def and Close Defense are really great skills to patch up his -Def! Add to that Steady Stance and his Bright Naginata and even I was impressed! I really like the Drive Skills as seals, and am waiting for the complete set. Also, I have a -Atk Hinoka coming up in the below videos!

@mampfoid Guidance skills are pretty fun to use. Takumi really impressed me since I was so  devastated he came in at a +Def/-Atk when he showed up. Glad I kept him, he was really key in initiating the battle!

@NegativeExponents- Again, great to see units that don't normally show up in videos! Warping Eliwood is satisfying to see! Also I made a Lunatic video below so Soleil and Rhajat have their time to shine!

--------

@Nanima @Usana @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @Cute Chao @Rezzy So I decided to do some more Fates/Hoshido/kid-themed clears while the BHB is ongoing. Bless the 0 stamina update.

Firstly is a Lunatic Fates kids clear. I actually combined two videos for this one, since Escape Route is a very fun skill and giving it to Rhajat was perfect on this map.

Team is +HP/-Def Rhajat, +Def/-Spd Solel, +Atk/-Def Shiro and +Spd/-Def Siegbert.

Music is Temporal Dreams from the Fire Emblem Fates soundtrack (the battle theme for battling the kids in the Heir of Fates DLC).

Next is an Infernal, all alternate Hoshido units clear. 

Team is 4 star neutral Fallen Takumi, +Atk/-Res Hinoka, +Def/-Atk NY Takumi and +Def/-HP Halloween Sakura.

Music is Kyokugen Training! Mountain Seclusion )Art of Fighting Team theme) from the King of Fighters XIII soundtrack.

Fun fact, all of the alternate Hoshidans are colourless, so they were all ranged and feared the Red raven mage. Well, except Sakura. Interestingly, both her and the red mage have Warding Stance and Guard which is amusing.

Also the debut of Kinoka, who doesn't have all her skills yet but she didn't need it. Bow flier OP.

Also no Ryoma because he still doesn't have an alt (for better or worse?)

--------

Lastly, this one took me a day of frustration but I finally managed to work this out. And Infernal clear of my main account's Hoshidan units (+Res/-Def Sakura, +HP/-Atk Hinoka, +HP/-Res Takumi and neutral 4 star Fallen Takumi). I had no Ryoma on this account.

Alternatively, Hinoka and Takumi beat themselves up with the help of Sakura and an evil Takumi.

-I have to say, THANK GOODNESS for Sacred Seals. The first move took me so many tried, and I finally managed to make it work by giving Takumi the QR seal. Sakura's Atk Ploy was also useful and her native Fortify Def made sure Takumi could survive.

-Giving Fallen Takumi Spd+3 was enough for him to exactly double enemy Hinoka. 

-The damn green axe cavalier gave me problems in my runs. I had to keep him away from certain units because he was so beefy with Fury. Baiting him in certain directions was important and the solution was...to bait Takumi with Hinoka! In past runs I would let my Takumi finish enemy Takumi but then this gave the axe cavalier more freedom to move in places I didn't want him to go. Sakura's healing and moderate bulk also helped to bait and deal with Takumi.

-I didn't want to invest skills on this Hinoka because of her -Atk, hence the lack of refine and skills, so i had to completely rely on Sacred Seals.

Fun fact, Hinoka with Distant Def seal can survive both an effective arrow from Takumi and one hit from the red mage, but in later turns, the axe cavalier would move differently so I had to go with Iote's Shield. Another fun fact was giving Hinoka Close Def SS would mean she just barely survives enemy Hinoka with 2 HP (hooray for +HP/-Atk?), but equipping it meant the axe cavalier would go the completely opposite direction to where I want him to be in early turns. Overall the cavalier's Hone Spd and enemy Hinoka's buffs were also really annoying in my failed runs.

-In 2:05 QR seal's usefulness strikes again to quickly dispatch the blue horse mage (darn his Poison Strike).

-In 2:45 was where I was stuck for the longest time because of that darn speedy sword flier. His Close Counter was actually a bad thing since the sword flier would proc Moonbow. Then I randomly remembered giving my Takumi Draw Back/Swordbreaker from a Sully months ago, and that was the final piece of the puzzle! With that, I could finally deny that speedy sword flier's follow-up that gave me headaches!

A lot of my videos involve not having to inherit skills for a specific BHB/GHB unless I'm really desperate so it was nice I didn't have to sacrifice a unit specifically for this run (I was going to give Takumi a Brave Bow+ and Swordbreaker build in the past, hence the dormant Swordbreaker skill).

Sakura is probably my most invested in terms of skill inheritance but she is my main healer back when inherit skill was introduced, so it was nice to have options in figuring out which skill or Balm was needed.

And with that I think I'm done with this BHB. That last run took a toll on my real world stamina, so I'm glad I managed to do it with my limits in place.

@mcsilas Great job! These are the kind of clears I wish I was able to do, but I lack the patience. Your standard royal team was most impressive to me, especially with Hinoka tanking arrows like that. Then again, that's probably because mine is -Def amd runs LnD so my image of her durability might be a bit screwed. Anyway, congrats again!

Oh I forgot the music credit for the last video. It's Music is ART OF FIGHT "Art of Fighting Team Theme" from The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match soundtrack.

Also maybe @Poimagic would be interested in the Hoshidan clears?

@Nanima Thanks! While frustrating, themed clears are pretty fun to do when they're successful. Plus, this was like one of the few maps that I could use Hoshidan/Japanese-inspired music to. Also it's refreshingly challenging to use Hoshidan units because they don't have horses or horse buffs. Having a lot of them be mostly colourless is also interesting as well.

And yeah, I wouldn't be able to do these if they still cost stamina potions. 

As for Hinoka, yeah -Atk was the worst nature for her normal Brave Lance set (-5 speed as well!) so having an alternate weapon with Hinoka's Spear really helped her cause. I'm just glad since despite her poor nature, Hinoka is one of my favourite Hoshidan units as well, so it's nice she gets to shine! Still waiting on a better natured one in my main account so I can actually give her proper skills. At least having a +Atk Hinoka and Kinoka in my other account keeps me satisfied for now.