• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

10 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean they'll never do it.

It just comes down to the question "What do you do for a tempest or GHB character thats sole reason is to be gotten not on a banner shared with others?"

If we had a banner with a GHB on it, there would be a huge outcry to wondering why characters like Xander and Camus arnt part of a rotation or getting their own banners just to get natures and whatnot. but if more then one GHB or tempest character was to appear what do you do? you cant exacly run 2 tempest trials at the same time, and having 2 grand hero battles at the same time is slightly a mess.

Hopefully something like this can be sorted so characters like Normal Xander and female robin can be in voting gauntlets. but till then we cant get hopes up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realised... oh crap.

This'll be the gauntlet that gets the salt rolling when the participants are revealed unless they choose very carefully. We don't need multiplier shenanigans. (We probably stopped caring by now.)

This is why I prefer canon couples for the most part. Because if Hector/Lyn is one of them, I will hypocritically join the people with torches and pitchforks.

5 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Guys, come on, it's not that hard. Mathilda and Clive. Alm and Celica. Sigurd and Deirdre...huh. Marth and Ceada...? Yeah Ceada loves him, but I don't remember Marth noticing it for a moment in Shadow Dragon.

Fire Emblem is a series desperately in need of more tangible romance. Tired of "what if" support conversations and paired endings.

Mae and Boey? Although that would be 3 pairs from SoV, but the credit's post-histories said that they ended together and had lots of kids 

Is this possibly the time for my Precious Caeda?!?!?!    I really like the sound of that!  

Enduring love could entail different things, whether it is a character who has enduring love for one even if that person does not return the feeling, IE Cordelia or Oboro

Or this could entail of couples and people who share a love for each other, IE Caeda and Marth or Alm and Celica.  It will certainly be neat to see which characters they use.  I have a feeling I will be far more invested in this gauntlet than I have been any gauntlet since Summer!Leo's demise.

As a robot I do not know about the "love"

But seriously though I am not sure what to think of this one. All I know is that whoever we think will win is probably not the most popular character there

My gut reaction was Faye, Cordelia, Catria, Palla, but then I realized that we might not have enough unrequited love types for this banner.

I'm fine with married couples, but I'm hurt by the absence of Pent & Louise and Nailah & Rafiel. But that's just me. On the plus side, Awakening and Fates can't really fill up this VG if it is canonical married couples, because those games are stabbed in the back and shoved off a cliff by "marry anyone".

Can we ask ourselves, was another Vicious Gutting necessary?

If they go with cannon couples (which I feel is the most likely option) they’ve plenty to choose from. For example:

-Marth and Ceada

-Alm and Celica

- Sigurd and Deirdre 

-Able and Est

-Clive and Matilda

-Gray and Clair

-Boey and Mae

If they don’t want 2 pairs from the same game, they could also go with the basically cannon Eliwood and Ninian, or Roy and Lilina. What excites me the most about this voting gauntlet is that if this is the theme, there’s gonna be no Awakening or fates characters, as none of those couples are cannon, though that’s probably the only reason they’d go with the unrequited love theme.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm fine with married couples, but I'm hurt by the absence of Pent & Louise and Nailah & Rafiel.

I was thinking about this. The gauntlet starts two days after Farfetched Heroes ends. It would be close, but they could make a newly introduced couple part of the gauntlet. Probably won't happen, but the developers have done a gauntlet with characters being introduced a couple of days before with the summer gauntlet.

Would be interesting if this gauntlet let's us join couples and not individuals.

5 minutes ago, Mister IceTeaPeach said:

I care less about the content than about the character I could get. Hopefully it's another character from an older FE game (FE5 most wanted). Arden was a really nice reward in the last gauntlet.

First, gauntlets don’t reward characters, tempests do.

Second, the upcoming tempest rewards Joshua, it is confirmed already.

Sooo...a gauntlet about love? Nice. I'm guessing Caeda will be part of it, so I have to support my girl. Buuuut, if Marth is taking part...I'll support him and pray that he doesn't face Caeda.

This is highly unlikely, but what if they have us vote by pair? Kinda like a ship war. You'd still get the bonus if you have either of the two units you support (and guess who has both Marth and Caeda? Heheheh)

I'll probably be more invested in this gauntlet than the CYL one.

This one seems interesting. Depending on whether it goes for canon couples or unrequited love I can see Caeda or Catria in respectively. 

In any case I'll wait for it to see who's going to be the best feather machine and hope for them to pull a Shanna and see the salt mines unleash.

I imagine a Marth/Caeda, Sigurd/Deirdre, Alm/Celica and a joke/unrequited pair like Cordelia/Ike, Tharja/Robin, etc. (there are a couple to choose from) line-up, where the first round is determining which character is the leading figure of the relationship, and the winner is supposed to determine the best couple.

Examples like Boey/Mae, Eliwood/Ninian, etc. wouldn't quite work due to them not being entirely canon (the S-support does not necessarily happen, even if they are fitting, but nobody can deny the other relationships mentioned, since they are automatically part of the general story (though if I want to be pedantic, Tharja/Robin ain't one either. You can just kill off Tharja and never recruit her). Anyway, I ACTUALLY like the premise, but it's a gauntlet, so all my appreciation is going down the drain...