• Faye, Devoted Heart
    • Priscilla, Delicate Princess
    • Tharja, Dark Shadow
    • Dorcas, Serene Warrior
    • Catria, Middle Whitewing
    • Katarina, Wayward One
    • Sigurd, Holy Knight

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/2017 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got Deirdre with the free summon on block A, and considering the whole love theme I'll take that as a sign to support Sigurd. Though it would be more difficult to decide if Arvis was in this gauntlet too...

So, in a gauntlet about enduring love, only two or three candidates can actually count. Great. 

Sigurd - no doubt there. Dorcas and his wife are adorable. Priscilla, if you go for familial, though it still squicks me out that they had to include her in this given their other examples of 'love'. Can't remember about Katarina.

Makes me wish they'd chosen Cordelia instead of Priscilla to avoid the squick. 

I'm supporting Sigurd but I still get the feeling that Tharja is going to win a Gauntlet about love. It's ridiculous, really, but oh well. I don't like this theme at all - or at least the way they've chosen to express the theme. 

Aaaaand again a female weighted Gauntlet, just to really throw it there. I'm betting we're never going to see a male weighted one but we have just had our first male weighted banner, so maybe pigs will fly. 

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Welp I guess I’m going Priscilla then. Also as someone who know nothing about Mystery, why is Katarina there? 

She apparently has feelings for male Kris in their support.

Well this is a chaotic unexpected mess. Not that I mind them mixing it up a bit.

Of them all, Katarina doesn't appeal to me because of her Kris love- but beyond that she isn't bad. Catria took until SoV for her unrequited love to be put into a game despite being the origin of the whole dang thing- bleh. Faye, Tharja, and Rhajat appeal to me even less. Priscilla is okay, I like her FE7 design, and her personality is fine. So Sig vs. Dorcas, I'd say Sig, but Dorcas is good too.

39 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm supporting Sigurd but I still get the feeling that Tharja is going to win a Gauntlet about love. It's ridiculous, really, but oh well. I don't like this theme at all - or at least the way they've chosen to express the theme.

I don't take VGs seriously. They're built on popular whims and not serious well built arguments of FE characters. I like to think that if one were to do such a serious argumentation, Tharja would never/almost never win.

34 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Aaaaand again a female weighted Gauntlet, just to really throw it there. I'm betting we're never going to see a male weighted one but we have just had our first male weighted banner, so maybe pigs will fly. 

Eventually they'll have to ration the strategic female reserve for non-Seasonal banners. SoV is already nearing complete exhaustion. But VGs don't have the issue of potentially running out of new characters- they can continually recycle them.

9 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Welp I guess I’m going Priscilla then. Also as someone who know nothing about Mystery, why is Katarina there? 

She has a thing for male Kris

Spoiler

Chris:
The war council is about to start. Let's go, Katarina.

Katarina:
Ah, yes. T-there's something I need to do... It won't take long, I'll be there later.

Chris:
Alright.

Katarina:
... ...Chris... I like you, Chris. E-er... I don't mind not being your first. Or even if you like other girls, Chris... If you talk to me every now and then... Just by doing that, you'll make me happy. So... Chris...

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't take VGs seriously. They're built on popular whims and not serious well built arguments of FE characters. I like to think that if one were to do such a serious argumentation, Tharja would never/almost never win.

It stopped being a popularity contest a long time ago. With the mechanics as they are there are no sure winners anymore.

1 minute ago, Frenzify said:

It stopped being a popularity contest a long time ago. With the mechanics as they are there are no sure winners anymore.

So a victory signifies.... nothing then? Luck plus the two crowds of players having some element of comparable size?

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So a victory signifies.... nothing then? Luck plus the two crowds of players having some element of comparable size?

Well, there are still some instances where a character is just so overwhelming popular that they'll still win regardless, but I can only recall Ninian being that overwhelming, since the changes. So, a victory could either signify that, or extreme luck. Either way, whatever it means, it'd always be cool for the team you support to win. Luck certainly plays a significant part, but it can no longer be looked at as one army dominating the other. Just look at last gauntlet's winner. Also, just because I feel like I have to defend against Tharja's status as the villain of this gauntlet, she did lose the last one she was in in the first round, so...

Edited by Frenzify

I will find it funny if Tharja wins another Voting Gauntlet.

I'll be supporting Rhajat first, and thing wing it from there if she loses. I don't think I have any debts to pay off to any of the characters in this Voting Gauntlet.

46 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

but I can only recall Ninian being that overwhelming, since the changes.

Ninian won with three close calls. There is no such thing as a guaranteed win anymore.

I'm honestly not sure who to join this time.  I guess I have a few days to decide.

I could do Dorcas or Sigurd, likely Dorcas for FE7, since it would be nice to see another guy win, and even though I was on Shanna's team at the end, Takumi (and Ryoma) should have won.

I also like Priscilla, then there's Catria, who is the sister to two of my favorite White Wings.

57 minutes ago, Dengres said:

She has a thing for male Kris

Hide contents

That's a lot more forward than I would expect for Fire Emblem.  "It won't take long."  Yeah, that's how it tends to go if it's his first time...

But Katarina, poor foolish girl, don't say it's okay to fool around.  Don't be a doormat.

8 hours ago, Hekselka said:

This banner is kind of weird? On the one side you have girls with creepy stalker feelings/incest vibes while on the other side you have characters that are fairly normal.

Anyway I'll be joining my boy Sigurd.

Normal seems kind of relative when talking about Genealogy.

Pretty nice, pulled a free katarina, might have gone faye otherwise, and I will without a doubt go team not tharja and rajat regardless, so here's hoping for the best(tharja/rajat loses).

nice to know that this is one I don't need to give a crap about, because my prefered are unlikely to win anyways. Shoot, if katarina wins I think VGs need to be retired permanently.

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Lachesis is the one big offender. Arvis has his unexplained issues with Aida, and other issues related to Deirdre, yet to be fair he didn't know Deirdre was his half-sister until later, Manfroy arranged the entire thing. Beowolf had a fling with a Conote princess, and must have left Lachesis for some unexplained reason according to T776.

But the rest seems perfectly normal. I can't think of anyone else being problematic. Cousin love in the 2nd Gen sure, but I think it stops there. And mind you the existence of cousin love might be because you might get the subs instead, which aren't related to each other or the non-subs. The dialogue for say LesterxPatty is pretty generic from what i saw.

SeliphxJulia is not really a thing before or after they find out the truth. Silvia was deconfirmed to be Claud's lost sister, Mareeta isn't Ayra and Galzus's daughter, and neither is Ares from EldiganxLachesis. As for AyraxChulainn- nobody knows what his exact genealogy is- it might not be so bad.

ArionxAltena might count as psychological incest the same way CorrinxNohr Royal is, but Arion has always known Altena wasn't related to him.

And now that I think about it, Archanea, Tellius, Awakening, and SoV are all incest free- good for them!

50 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

SigurdxDeirdre is actually one of the most innocent and almost naive relationships in FE, honestly. Beaten out by things like MarthxCaeda for normalness I suppose, but SigurdxDeirdre is just a standard "guy meets girl, they fall in love, get married, start a family," all the usual stuff. No incest, brainwashing, or otherwise unhealthy feelings between them. Now, if Lachesis was here... then it'd be a different story, for sure.